News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: KoN Necrons Vs Blood Angels. Preemptive Strike 1750pts  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
KoN Necrons Vs Blood Angels. Preemptive Strike 1750pts
« on: October 30, 2010, 08:08:08 PM »
Necron Raiders

Lord-Phase shifter, res orb, warscythe, destroyer body.
Immortals-x7
Warriors-x10
Warriors-x10
Destroyers-x4
Destroyers-x4
Destroyers-x4
Tomb Spyder-x2 w/particle projectors
Monolith

Blood Angels

Librarian w/jetpack, might of heroes and the power which gives him preferred enemy.
Chaplain w/jetpack.

Two Ironclads with blood Talons
One dread with two twinlinked Autocannons
Two baal predators (both with heavy bolters, one with inferno cannon and the other with assault cannon)
One predator w/Autocannon and lascannons.
Two Sanguinary priests w/jetpacks.
Two ten man assault squads w/powerfist champ and two meltaguns (One combat squaded with 5 w/champ and 5 w/meltas)

The mission we rolled was the Eldar Mission 'Preemptive Strike', with the Blood Angels taking the role of the Eldar. The mission was kill points, where each of his units was worth 2 KP, my troops were worth 1kp, my HQ was worth 3KP and everything else of mine is worth 3KP.

The mission is the 'Eldar' launching a lighting strike to kill the enemy command structure. Deployment is our table edges are the short ones, but we can deploy up to 9" away from the middle of the table. I have to deploy my HQ within 6" of the middle of my deployment zone.

Deployment sees him stick the rifle dread and the heavy support pred at the back of his lines, while the flame baal is at my left edge. The melta combat squad deepstrikes, while the other combat squad deploys in the back left of the table, behind his dreads with the Librarian, while the ten man unit and chappy deploy with the other Baal to my right. Priests are in in the squads with characters.

I deploy my lord where I have too, but with my destroyer squad (To the leftish of my zone) behind the monolith. One warrior squad sticks at my back edge, while another camps in a building. Immortals sit in front of the building, while the other Destroyers are on my right. Tomb Spyders are spread at each flank (but near the middle).

Scout moves.

My opponents Flamer Baal rushes towards me.

Turn 1.

My opponent begins, he sends the dreads slowly through terrain (abysmal terrain tests rolled), while the Flamer baal stick next to my lords destroyer unit. The other Baal and assault marines advance cautiously, with much caution. Night fight on the first turn hinders my opponents shooting, but he downs two of my immortals with the assault cannon Baal, while the flamer baal fails to wound my destroyers.

In retaliation, My destroyers on my right kill a couple of marines in the large assault squad, while the destroyers on the left immobilize the predator, and my lord charges and tears it to bits. Also, my monolith pulled the Immortals through the portal, to ensure one survived to be repaired.

Turn 2

his deepstrike squad, fails to arrive, while the dreads finish mucking through some woods. The large assault squad closes in on my on my right flank. Shooting downs one more Immortal, while other fire is directed into my destroyers on my right, The lascannons on the pred glance my Monolith, but to no effect.

In my turn, the Immortal fails to get back up, while the destroyer does. The destroyers on my right, fall back (out of range of the assault marines), while the monolith and a spyder move to intercept. Lord joins with another spyder ahead of the immortals in my middile, while the third destroyer squad advances to the high ground on my left to get an arc of fire. In shooting the Monolith fires a partcile whip into the large assault squad, but the blast scatters wildly off, but still nukes one marine. Destroyers fire into the same unit, and wound a few more models (including the chaplin) but a lot of wounds are stopped by the priests Feel no pain. On my left, the immortals immobilize the most forward dread, turning him into a road-block, while the destroyers on my left accomplish little.

Turn 3

The deepstrike squad arrives, in front of my destroyers on the left flank. The librarians squad begins to advance. Large assault squad charges the monolith, and the furious charged powerfists wrecks it :( :( :(

Time for revenge. Lord jumps to beside the assault squad, along with the Spyder. Destroyers, spyder and my warrior squad all unleash on the assault squad reducing it to three assault marines and a wounded chappy and priest. On my left, the third destroyer squad zoom away from the new assault squad, and kill one with their gauss cannons. Immortals accomplish little.

In assault, the Lord kills the priest, and the Spyder kills one marine. My lord takes one wound from the Priest (before it dies), letting me win the combat by one.

Turn 4.

Assault marines on the left flank charge my immortal unit, but we fail to hurt each other. His second assault squad hops beside his immobile dread as the mobile dread follows behind. Shooting drops some warriors in the building also, the baal fires at one of my destroyer units, kills one and sees my squad run off the board :(.. The assault with my Lord and Tomb spyder sees me kill off the rest of his squad.

In my turn, the lord consolidates with the destroyers, and the tomb spyder walks along the edge of the downed Monolith a bit. Shooting from my warriors immortals fail to down really any of his assault squad (damned Feel no pain). The unengadged destroyer hops into the building to get shots at his assault squad. I charge the assault squad with my Lord and Tomb Spyder, I kill the Priest, and a couple of marines. However, both the Lord and Spyder fall in combat.

Turn 5.

The assault squad jumps to the building to engaged my destroyers, while the dread slowly mucks through the ruins near it. Baal and Dread fire at warriors (yay?). Assault with the Librarian sees my destroyers annihilated. The destroyer already engaged with the assault marines also loose combat, and see my destroyer run down.

In my turn, the Lord gets back up! He hops to engaged the Librarian and co, while the warriors start hopping down the ruins to shoot the assault marine squad. Immortals fire at and charge the small assault squad, and win combat, but their target squad (down to one model) successfully disengages, but only succeed in tying them up. Warriors shoot into the Librarian's squad, while the Destroyer Lord charges in and kills a couple of marines. He luckily saves the only wounds his way.

Turn 6

The Lord and his targets also fail to harm each other. Some warriors fall from random shooting. Lone assault marine hides.

I charge the Librarians Assault marine squad with my warriors, My lord sees the Libraian dead, while the warriors through their weight of attacks down the rest of the squad.

And the game ends at turn 6.

In the end, he killed..

Two Tomb Spyders, Monolith, and three destroyer squads for 12 kill points.
I killed..

Two assault squads, libraian, chaplin, two priests and a baal predator for 12 Kill Points.

In the end, the game is a very close draw. Very very fun game too. Great opponent.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Lord Alliben

• Ripper
  • jo. Ph34r my l33t skillz. B4x4^2!
    • Alliben's Homepage
Re: KoN Necrons Vs Blood Angels. Preemptive Strike 1750pts
« Reply #1 on: November 1, 2010, 04:35:38 PM »
Wow. Crazy close game. Nicely done. Bad luck losing that monolith to powerfists tho. Haha.

Offline Bassiecore

• Ork Boy
  • Insert generic quote here
« Reply #2 on: November 1, 2010, 04:42:41 PM »
How did he wreck the Monolith? Fists are S8 so he can only glance you?
Other than that it looks like a great game, Bad luck more than anything seemed to be against you but it looked enjoyable and congrats on a hard fought draw :)

{GMS}

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #3 on: November 2, 2010, 12:56:43 PM »
The unit had Furoius Charge, so that Power Fist was Str=8 +1 although some will interpret the Living Metal rule to not allow the Furious Charge bonus to the Strength of the Fist.

Anyway, great Battle Report even if it wasn't a win.

Cheers
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #4 on: November 2, 2010, 01:03:40 PM »
I don't think that Living metal would ignore the Furious charge, as long as it doesn't affect the armour of the Monolith, or add extra dice there is no harm. Still very unlikely event. Thanks all for reading. A tie is better then a loss, and I really should get better discipline in my Necrons.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: November 3, 2010, 12:49:37 AM »
A very well played game.  Even though I was on the other side of the KoN.  Blood Angels are pretty tough and your opponent fielded a decent list.  So definately a congrats on a draw because getting a draw vs BA in a KP mission is no easy task.

The BA's furious charge and FNP is a real pain when trying to deal with them no to mention their speed really works against an army that primarily relies on shooting.

Offline IRolledA1

« Reply #6 on: November 3, 2010, 06:30:36 PM »
Sick looking Necrons!  I don't see many well painted Necron armies.
"Let's play a game of Russian Roulette!  I'll load the gun, you place the bet!  Tell me who will make it out alive!"

Offline spaceseer13

• By the Blood Of Sanguinius!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 04:15:19 PM »
Hi, well played and a great battle report, I really like the painting on the necrons (especially the monolith) also correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think blood angels can use ironclads. Still great battle report.