News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harlquin Infiltration  (Read 2464 times)

Go0fy

Harlquin Infiltration
« on: February 2, 2002, 04:36:15 PM »
I like the new rules. War is a colorful perfomance, but I want more fun :) I'd like to see:

Shadow Seer: more special effects type Psychics, i.e. illusions, fireworks, and mind play

Solitaire: need to be more like assasins: i.e. infiltrate, or secret deloyment, maybe hit and run or jump back

Mimes: I think they need more depth.  They should be 0-1 choice. but a troupe of 3 or 1-6 independents.  More like spies, stealthsuits, secret deployment, fast, mischiveous. When I think of a mime/spy I  think silent, black, white mask, white gloves.  No weapons?

Lastly, I like no armor & T3, but I think holofields should similar to a lictor wich modifies cover save not just 4+.

What do yo think?
Go0fy

Offline Dead_Jester

• What's strategy?
Re:Harlquin Infiltration
« Reply #1 on: February 2, 2002, 05:34:46 PM »
I think solitaire would need to be toned down if he was given infiltrate, or anything that lets him start out that close to the opposition

a list of psychic powers for the shadowseer would be neat, like in the Eldar codex.  

For the mimes, i agree oodles. right now there aren't enough differences between them and a troupe.  Maybe baby solitaire/death jester.  a good mix between the two? I dunno.

"Mom, where do harlequins go when they die?"

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #2 on: February 2, 2002, 05:53:38 PM »
a list of psychic powers for the shadowseer would be neat, like in the Eldar codex.

Shadowseers do have psychic powers, and they rock.

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #3 on: February 2, 2002, 09:27:33 PM »
somethin like the mandrake ability would be neat
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline Dead_Jester

• What's strategy?
« Reply #4 on: February 3, 2002, 01:17:37 AM »
I mean a list of 4 or so abilities that have a point cost, like how the farseer has to be "equipped" with his.  i like the way they are set up now for the shadowseer, but it would be neat to have a selection to choose from.  

What do Mandrakes do? not a Eldar Noire player
« Last Edit: February 3, 2002, 11:43:05 AM by Dead_Jester »
"Mom, where do harlequins go when they die?"

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #5 on: February 4, 2002, 05:26:31 AM »

Mimes: I think they need more depth.  They should be 0-1 choice. but a troupe of 3 or 1-6 independents.  More like spies, stealthsuits, secret deployment, fast, mischiveous. When I think of a mime/spy I  think silent, black, white mask, white gloves.  No weapons?

I think the Mimes are fine. Make them 10 points, not Halrequins as such (mine as annoying black with annoying white faces and hands) and introduce a Mimic, or something, as an Elite-choice. Something like this, perhaps?

Mimic
Elite-choice
55 points?
You may only field one Mimic per Mime-squad in the Masque.
Mimic may modify Mime-disrutpion by +-1
WS  BS  S  T  W  I  A  Ld  Sv
6     4    3   3  2  6  2  10  Holo-suit

Independent character
Superb infiltrator
get equipment from Harlequin armoury
Any Mime-squad lead by a Mimc can re-roll Difficult Terrain-test and Fleet of Foot-rolls since they are lead by their instructor (they still take DT-tests, you know, since they have no belts)

What do you think?

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #6 on: February 4, 2002, 06:05:49 AM »
are they limited to 125 points of wargear like the other guys allowed wargear?  Or are we just throwing that rule out the window for this codex?  :)

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #7 on: February 4, 2002, 06:07:16 AM »
Doh I thought this was the Codex Harlequins CJ44 style