News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 point tournament report  (Read 575 times)

Offline LoneDragon

• There is no spoon.
1850 point tournament report
« on: March 26, 2005, 11:02:22 PM »
I'll type as much as I remember about each game.

6 players there 1 khorne, 1 imperial guard, 1 speed freekz, 1 black templars, 1 marines army with bikes, speeders, and scouts, and me
My list:
HQ
 Shas'o plasma rifle, missile pod, shield gen hw-multi-tracker 135
 Shas'el plasma rifle, missile pod, shield gen hw-multi-tracker 110
Troops
  FireWarriors x 12 shas'ui  130
    Devilfish multi-tracker, decoy launchers  95
    Devilfish multi-tracker, decoy launchers  95
Elites
 Stealthsuit x 6  180
 Stealthsuit x 6  180
 Crisis x 2 tl-missile pods, target lock  112
Fast Attack
 Gundrone x 8  96
 Gundrone x 8  96
Heavy Support
 Hammerhead multi-tracker, decoy launchers,  target lock 180
 Broadside shield gen  90
 Broadside shield gen  90
1849 points

Round 1
vs Khorn
objective: table quarters, victory points
We started with only compulsory choices, gamma mission.  We only made it to turn 3 and his landraider and a few things didn't make it onto the table.  I lost a squad of stealthsuits to his dreadnought. Devilfish dropped FireWarriors into rapid fire range of 2 berserker squads, but they and supporting fire didn't do enough and they got assaulted and died.  Third FireWarrior squad walked onto the board, got shot and lost a few, then ran off the board.  Drones deep struck(striked?) into empty quarter to give me the objective points.  But all victory points counted up he won by 200 some points.  My mistake:  I didn't concentrate fire enough, and missed out on a lot of victory points(ran out of time).  I had one unti of bersekers and a unit of temies within one kill of being below half, and his blood letters(or thirsters? the guys with the horns) within two kills of being below half.

Round 2
vs. Black Templars
objective:  each player assigns victory points(750 total) in secret on paper to terrain pieces, 375 max on a piece, 3 pieces minimum per player
He had 2 squads of temies(one in a landraider), 3 squads of guys, emporer's champion, chaplain, a dread, and a speeder.  Omega mission, we made it to turn 3.  All I got to start with was my broadsiides, one squad of fire warriors and my infiltrating stealth suits.

Fire Warriors oved straight up first 2 turns to hold my 375 point objective.  Stealthsuits killed a few marines and took one wound off the chaplain early on, one squad got shot down to 3 by the dread, but ran out of his range before it could assault.  Deepstriking squad of gun drones took a second wound off the chaplain, and claimed my 325 point objective.  His land raider stunned, then immobilized my hammerhead, but not before submunitions killed 3 or 4 marines.  Deepstriking termies landed in between my Fire Warriors and Broadsides, but he forgot to shoot with them.  My bad luck:  Next turn both my Devilfish squads, both HQ suits came on the board near the termies... total of 76 strength 5 shots, 2 plasma rifles, 2 missile pods, and 2 rail guns only killed 5 of the 6 termies.  My good luck:  The remaining termy failed his AOYO check and had to charge my devilfish drones, sparing a lot of FireWarriors from his heavy flamer.  End result:  I claimed 700 points worth of my objectives, with his victory points and casualties from both armies factoerd in, I won by 250 or so points.

Round 3
vs. Imperial Guard
objective:this was a weird one... the objective was in the middle, i won the roll and chose to defend(I'd rather not defend, but against Guard, I'd REALLY rather not let him defend).  I got my hammerhead, broadsides, and 2 squads of firewarriors(one with devilfish).  He got to move his whole army onto the table 1st turn, both armies were allowed to deploy from any table edge(the weird part, and the only thing that kept me from being slaughtered).  He had a bunch of guys, one sentinal, 2 chimeras, a lemon russ, a demolisher, and a hellhound. 

Alpha mission we made it to turn 4.  I didn't get either of my stealthsuit squads and one of my drone squads til last turn(bad luck).  I lost my hammerhead 1st turn to a meltagun(deployed a bit too close to one side).  Lemon russ cannons scattered 6" sevral times and saved me a lot.  I moved all my reserves in behind him.  Devilfish tank shocked 3 units coming on, 1 ran, 1 lost a missile guy in failed death or glory.  FW squad rapid fired, killing one unit, got shot up and assaulted.  Shas'el came in on back armor of the russ took out the cannon, assailed, shot it out next turn.  Shas'o shot off the hellhound's flamer(which immobiliized itself on terrain going for the objective), got shot down to one wound and tied up in assault.  Gun drones tied up his guys in assaults as much as possible.  Fire warriors killed the sentinel after a single gun drone shot off its gun.  Drones came in last turn and killed a chimera from side armor.  Stealths came in last turn and shot up 2 squads(one completely, one down to 2 giuys.  Broadsides failed to kill the Russes all game, but my last Broadside survived to hold the objective.

I won by a little over the 500 points I got for the objective.

Final Result:  The guard player, and someone else(cant remember)tied for 1st.  I was close to a tie with the next player down.  One of the 2 I can't remember was the Khorne guy, I'll edit when I get this info...

Edit: 1st was Guard and the Scout/Bike/Speeder Marines, next were me and Khorne(I was a bit below him but it was close).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 11:16:27 PM by LoneDragon »
She better have an antidote for face-stabbin'! 'Cause oooh, her face is SO stabbed when we get back!

They're not kids. They're midgets! Filthy drug-peddling midgets!

Peter: Oh my god, Brian! Theres a message in my alpha-bits! It says:"oooooo"
Brian: Peter, those are cheerios.

When are the pancakes coming in the mail?

Just say NO to burst cannons on Crisis suits!