News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: kill team [what Tau units are good for this?]  (Read 435 times)

Offline shahryar1

kill team [what Tau units are good for this?]
« on: October 14, 2007, 12:00:57 AM »
Was thinking of getting acouple tau models to use for kill team. Was leaning towards some stealth suits mainly.
any advice any kill team players can give?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 01:02:52 AM by Mr.Peanut »

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: kill team
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 08:56:27 AM »
My advice is: play as the kill team. You will always win.

Seriously, Kill Team is unbalanced and broken, so if you play to win, you will win--guaranteed. Unless you are the brutes, of course, in which case you are screwed.

My advice is take whatever you think would be fun to play and go with it. It really doesn't matter.

Stealths are a good way to go, though they break some mutable rules. I've used Pathfinders and Kroot, too. Even a bunch of firewarriors are decent. If you play smartly, you can't go wrong.

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
  • Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Re: kill team
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 10:54:13 PM »
A kill team of nothing but stealths breaks too many rules for my liking, but having a couple is really useful.

I've used a team of two stealths and some fire warriors with carbines with decent results (this was pre-TE, so I haven't used my updated team yet, but it's basically the same... but with TAs, and Ethereal Bodyguard; yay for Bs4). I used Camo Gear; shoot, wait, shoot, wait. It usually works fairly well.

...The other option is to do the sniper thing. All Rifles with maybe a Rail Rifle for fun. Sit as far away as possible and peg off the Brutes one at a time. (again, Camo gear would be great for this).

Kill Team is fun. Especially when you play an even number of times, alternating KT and brutes. Do what you think would be fun.