News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What to put in a full squad of boyz?  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Delmazar

• So may I be the weapon of my clan...
What to put in a full squad of boyz?
« on: October 22, 2002, 03:29:01 PM »
Hi everyone!!

I'm starting orks and I would like to know what you would put in a full squad of slugga boys. I really like the idea of a huge number of boys in a great WHAAAAGG army!  ;D

So here is what I would take...

29 Slugga Boyz (Troops) @ 358 Pts
     Slugga & Choppa (x26); Burna (x3)

1 Nob @ [79] Pts
          Power Klaw (x1); Slugga (x1)
          'Eavy Armour [8]
          Cybork Body [10]
          Bionik Bonce [10]
          Big Horns / Iron Gob [6]

Models in Squad: 30
Total Squad Cost: 358

By the way, I use the new assault rules so I don't think the nob will die quickly!

What do you think? What do you use? What would you use?

Thanks for helping!!  :)
Delmazar
[Knowledge is a weapon... My mind is growing... So may I be the weapon of my clan...]

Offline Frgsinwntr

• Sisters burn
Re:What to put in a full squad of boyz?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2002, 04:44:25 PM »
nice set up, remember to max out your burnas : ), the only thing i can suggest besides is to run a group of grots up front to soak up damage or to run warbikes up front to keep them safer while they rush foward.

(i usually use a trukk of boyz and a bike to tie up combat while the foot sloggers get there)
Chain swords are awesome.  The only way would be cooler is if they had tits and were on fire.

Offline Delmazar

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2002, 08:41:58 PM »
Yeah! The idea of grots in front of the troops is a good one. I really want something like 2-3 squads like the one I mentioned. With a warboss and his nobs, and a looted vehicule, I should be near 1500 pts.  :)

Thanks for the comments!
Delmazar
[Knowledge is a weapon... My mind is growing... So may I be the weapon of my clan...]

Offline flayling_wildly

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2002, 03:41:31 AM »
Hey, you could give him a bosspole instead of cybork body. I like these. Also swapping his power claw for a choppa would mean that his high initiative if waagh test is passed would suit him well.
friendly fire isn't

Offline Imperial Sardaukar

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2002, 04:15:01 PM »
Drop the powerklaw. You want to strike in initative order in my book. A choppa and a big shoota will do just fine. The burnas can take out any armored foes you'll face, so you dont need to have the nob striking last. Take a bosspole. That way other mobs have a higher chance of grouping up with his mob. Plus, im not sure, but the Cybork body might not be necessary....if points were an issue, i would drop the klaw and the body....if not...i would probably drop them anyway. Big shootas are way more effective, and i find that nobz are expensive enough without having them get whacked first by some ass with a power weapon because they were striking last. Whats the point of having that massive weapon, and all that crushing power, if youre dead before you get to use it?

Offline Delmazar

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2002, 11:39:30 PM »
Well, if you remember what I wrote, I use the new assault rules with my friends and the nob will be the last dead ork of that squad 'cause you can't allocate attack to a specific model. Also, I usually play against nids most of the time so he will strike first anyway. And with all those big bugs, I think I'll need that klaw and inv save.  ;) But I'm just starting my orks so I take notes of every comments you write guys and I'll take my time to build an effective "MOB UP" army! (I already have an unpainted 1500 pts eldar army and I don't want to make the same mistake... I'll paint a squad, then buy another one. So I'll have a complete painted army want I'll finish with my orks!  ;D)
Delmazar

Offline Imperial Sardaukar

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2002, 03:01:48 AM »
Ah, forgive me. Im not familiar with the new Assault rules.