News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: warp beast daemons?  (Read 1573 times)

Offline glacius

warp beast daemons?
« on: October 20, 2006, 03:58:45 PM »
Are warp beast daemons?

The codex does not describe them as such so they should nott be affected by daemon rules correct?

Offline Lomendil

• Mad Prophet of Commorragh
  • Ancient
  • If it's comprehensible, it's obselete
Re: warp beast daemons?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 05:51:56 PM »
Correct. Whether they are daemons or not is debateable from a fluff point of view, but in terms of rules they are most definately not classed as Daemons.

Offline Lord Ulthanash

• Armies: Eldar: Corsairs and Ulthwe
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 07:45:35 PM »
fluff wise, yes, rules wise no. (Damn why is the Avatar considered a daemon. I HATE GREY KNIGHTS!)

He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

Offline Darkwaters

• Warrior
  • Don't mess with humans!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 01:26:07 AM »
i think that warp beasts should be deamons - gives the grey knights a reason to fight us and warp beasts become far more appealing since they get the 5++ demonic aura

war does not determine who is right - war determines who is left.

Offline IncubiLord

• Archon
  • Self-Proclaimed Incubi Master of the CoA
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 02:03:18 AM »
fluff wise, yes, rules wise no. (Damn why is the Avatar considered a daemon. I HATE GREY KNIGHTS!)
Yeah. Since everything that is spawned from emotions/dreams in the Warp is a daemon and Warp beasts come from nightmares, they're daemons.

However, they're apparently a more established form of daemon and don't suffer from daemonic instability or summoning requirements. Unfortunately, they also have no Evil-Warp-thing aura.

I'd guess that Warp Beasts are downright fleshy.
i think that warp beasts should be deamons - gives the grey knights a reason to fight us and warp beasts become far more appealing since they get the 5++ demonic aura
Oh, Warp Beasts with 5++ saves would be so wrong...  ;D

Actually, when you look at it side-by-side, Warp Beasts are darned close to being Daemonettes. They have the same stats exept for Attacks and Saves (Daemonettes abilities even the Initiative and the Beastmaster evens the Ld).

Warp Beasts are non-daemonic Daemonettes that have a crap Save and another Attack instead of Rending Claws - and you save a whole 3 points/model. Oh, and they're faster.

Just blame IncubiLord - Kwi

Offline Lomendil

• Mad Prophet of Commorragh
  • Ancient
  • If it's comprehensible, it's obselete
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 07:57:52 PM »
fluff wise, yes,

Not all warp monsters are daemons.

Offline Jester (Hadn't Changed His Profile Recently)

• I put the ass in assault.
  • Armies: The legions of pantslessness.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 08:23:34 PM »
I forget, can a warp beast kill a land raider? Actually, although less likely the beastmaster could. Warp beasts also have to survive a turn or two of shooting. And an extra attack for rending is not a favorable trade. Warp beasts have dificulty with heavy armor, and as mentioned above, tanks.

This actually has nothing to do with the discussion though. Just can't let people think they have better daemons than me.
The Tavern is dead. Long live The Tavern.

Offline Ghail

• i would say something witty, only i wont.
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 07:44:32 AM »
Ok... Follow me here.

Warp Beasts are from the Warp right?
Dark Eldar are in a "sort of" Other Demention(which is what the Warp is anyway)
So what if the Warp Beasts are FROM the Webway instead of being in the Warp with all the other deamons?

Thats my theory anyway.
*Sing* When a Foeman Bares his steel (Ta-ran ta-ra ta-ran ta-ra), We uncomfortable feel (Ta-ran ta-ra). And we find the wisest thing (Ta-ran ta-ra ta-ran ta-ra), Is to slap our chests and sing, Ta-ran ta-ra.