News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: DE list for WD article against Tau  (Read 3921 times)

Offline visiondancer

Re: DE list for WD article against Tau
« Reply #20 on: February 9, 2006, 10:10:52 AM »
While it is unlikely that the battle report will show a DE victory in a 'sell Tau' month, I do wonder how many "practice games" the DE player will win ;).

I'm new at list making for DE, but I think I'd take: (for a WD article Bat Rep in a Tau Month)

Archon w/Incubi retinue, Raider
(enough incubi to guarantee they empty the kill zone and let the tau fall back to shoot them)

Witch Squad x2, Raider

Raider Squad x 3

Reavers (to be left out in the open as a "decoy")

Scourges with Darklances
Scourges with Splinter Cannons
Ravager with 3 Disinitgrators

I'd like to hear what the veteran players would really take, but that's just because I'm developing a keen hatred of Tau from currently owning 3 armies that should really get some attention from GW before they do. That and other reasons I shall keep to myself.   Oh well, at least I can hope they have to carry both books and a white dwarf around now--I hope they stuff the new one full of fluff to make it nice and heavy.
"We gotta go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"  --  Wash, Firefly

Offline Bannedface666

• BANNED - Spammer: Forum Blathermouth | Archite
  • Artist for hire... Mostly banned :)
    • cubiclebattles
« Reply #21 on: February 9, 2006, 11:39:08 AM »
Don't worry guys!

When DE come out with their new codex in a year or two, they will lose that BatRep also!

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's your emperor now?
    • Vengeance of the Fallen [Dutch]
« Reply #22 on: February 9, 2006, 01:57:54 PM »
Don't worry guys!

When DE come out with their new codex in a year or two, they will lose that BatRep also!

Yup I think this will be the case 2. GW needs a dog to keep kicking at if their pissed or a litlle kid they can point their finger 2 and laugh at. We are that dog and kid. We will stay the underdog due to their underpromotion and ''hatred''. We will be spit on every time.

Just don't read the WD my kindred. We all know better from our own experiences. From the players that refuge to play versus our DE armies. We know that we ain't weak. We know that OUR VETS outperform the vets of the other races. We will stand our ground. We wil not fall underneat the weight of critism and jokes. Hell no I prefer to fight myself to the grave then turning to the SM side and mock at us to!

Screw GW and WD. Trust on your battle experience. We all know we aint weak. We know that we are capeble of blowing or chopping away every army. And thats all that matters. Simply take revenge on the tau players at your shop. We will set up a orldwide slaughter-the-Tau campaign to show WD how wrong they are muhahah . . sorry got a litlle bit carried away.

Offline Grumpy Kwi

• Archite
  • Ancient
  • Ask me for the DE True Type Font
« Reply #23 on: February 9, 2006, 05:39:46 PM »
Can I add a welcome to Xtapl - I hope you continue to post despite some scathing attacks - still a rarity on this particualr website whioch I must say is policed very well by the mods (no I'm not creeping)

I would also like to welcome Xtapl - I believe this is the same Xtapl from the other forum? If so, I am very pleased to see that you have continued your interest in the Dark Eldar. Last I read, at the other forum, your enthusiasm for DE was, let us say, waning?

As for the topic. I think Vegas odds were: Tau by 500 victory points.

I just cant help but think that GW will let the DE lose every encounter to set up some sort of very bad news for us in the future of DE.

Offline visiondancer

« Reply #24 on: February 9, 2006, 05:48:20 PM »
We will set up a orldwide slaughter-the-Tau campaign to show WD how wrong they are muhahah . . sorry got a litlle bit carried away.

That sounds good--The orks players from a different forum got some positive attention that way. I'm all for a Tau-DE campaign.
"We gotta go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"  --  Wash, Firefly

Offline interpretivechaos

• Luck is what you make of it
« Reply #25 on: February 9, 2006, 07:13:11 PM »

Yup I think this will be the case 2. GW needs a dog to keep kicking at if their pissed or a litlle kid they can point their finger 2 and laugh at. We are that dog and kid. We will stay the underdog due to their underpromotion and ''hatred''. We will be spit on every time.

I'll rather surprised at this, if they keep pointing at us as subpar, then does that mean our army will get even better with the next codex...

Though I suppose we don't regularly win GTs, which seems to be how they like to judge armies (there was a thread floating a while back on the GW boards where a developer was claiming that everything that had a smaller percentage make it into the higher heats from those that entered (including DE) was underpowered and needed a boost to get better. And of course Eldar and Chaos Space Marines were the nastiest armies of all...

Offline CODEXsc

• Sybarite
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2006, 09:06:02 AM »
Lol i love how everyone thinks that dark eldar are the under dogs. I always look at my dark eldar as the pure powe house force and everyone else is the under dog. Fly in pop any tank open with dark lances and then assault. Not much can stop them if played in the right way. I dont think we are under dogs at all. GW on the other hand justs moks us because we have armor value of 10 and open topped. They dont say anything about our speed. The fastest race in the game.

Another thing, lol i change topics quickly. Mandrakes always do good against tau. It keeps them, wondering and they kick fire warriars ass in CC.

Offline archondav

• Warrior
  • Master Haemonculus
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2006, 12:20:53 PM »
I have a feeling that the DE Reaver army that was promoted in WD a few months ago is the one that will be used for this battle. I'd actually like to see this, {MODFIED TO REMOVE FLAMEBAIT MATERIAL}.

Mod note.
There was no reason to put the last part of that sentence in.  You could have easily ended your post from where I edited it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 04:05:26 PM by ollieb »

Offline Raven Nevermore

• The Highborn
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Though I walk though the valley...
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2006, 04:57:19 PM »
first game against tau i actually lost, only cause it was a farsight enclave and the suits could actually fight. my dracon, master and incubi went after farsight casue it was the ebst chance i had of taking him down and alsmost did, he was saved due to likey sheild saves, and the fact that my dracon took a wound to drugs and then failed her shadowfeild quite quicky.

im playing agianst tau soon unde the new codex cause the staff get everything early and simply have to use it to teese the regualr customers. i will let you all know how that battle goes.

i agree though the de will lose the batrep. people keep going on aboiut how whenever an army is brought out they win, remember when the de were brought out, i think we lost that one...

Offline archondav

• Warrior
  • Master Haemonculus
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2006, 06:59:51 PM »
Mod note.
There was no reason to put the last part of that sentence in.  You could have easily ended your post from where I edited it.

Sorry, but I wasn't trying to flame anyone. I only meant that I thought that list would be very interesting to see perform in a WD Bat-Rep.

Offline Bannedface666

• BANNED - Spammer: Forum Blathermouth | Archite
  • Artist for hire... Mostly banned :)
    • cubiclebattles
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2006, 10:18:40 PM »
I have copied and pasted this from a poster on the GW site. He basically summed up exactly what I was thinking!

"I just finished reading the battle report in the recent White Dwarf - Dark Eldar vs Tau... And I can't believe what I saw...

Based on the DE List, they should have called the article "Tau Win" and not even bother choosing table sides...

This has got to be one of the worst representations of a Dark Eldar army... What the hell was the player thinking... Hhmmm 1500 points to spend and you already wasted a third of it on Scourges and Reavers... And how about those Sybarites with Agonisers... Oh, and I loved the Haemonculi with the Webway Portal - Really now, everybody knows that Tau would never even dent a Dark Eldar Air Force... Trust me, leave the Raiders in the wide open spaces...

Nice Battle !

Dude, learn your army and codex before you attempt this abortion again... You've completely summed up the 'do not' tactic and embarrased yourself by fielding such an unintelligent Dark Eldar army...

Odd though, that you could put together the worst 1500 point list and do so horribly against an army with a new line arriving soon... Hhmmm... An ( ill ) tactic to bump pre sales for Tau perhaps..."

Offline Lomendil

• Mad Prophet of Commorragh
  • Ancient
  • If it's comprehensible, it's obselete
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2006, 11:01:56 PM »

LOL. If that first report is right, then it's just abso-beslubbering-lutely typical.  ::) :D  Anyone else read the batrep and got comments?

Offline interpretivechaos

• Luck is what you make of it
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2006, 03:42:01 PM »
Yes... Things to not do that they did

1)Use that many scourges
2)Split your force into three
3)Concentrate your firepower (DLs) on a hammerhead and ignore 2 Broadsides (and even Firewarriors in devilfish
4)Leave your Archon in a raider with los to Hammerhead Ion Cannon (Disembark if need be!)
5)Never send a Talos after a suit team (especially one with twin fusion blasters...) You're a lot slower then it is...
6)Keep your eye on the objective. This means not chasing after sniper squads halfway across the board. And killing the Vespids, Devilfish, and Suits and not the aforementioned.

The main thing he did is he seemed far to intent on killing the sniper drones and hammerhead and neglected the objective claimers. Once the ravager and raiders took out the suits, I'd go to the vespids, and then the devilfishes. Finally, once those were killed I'd deal with the heavy armour.

To his credit their was some bad luck. He should have statistically taken down the Hammerhead faster, and his Archon died in CC to crisis suits. Still, luck favours the prepared...

Offline peacemystic

• Do not attempt to think,or depression may Occur
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2006, 12:24:51 AM »
Hey all
I've got the copy of WD but haven't read the report yet,i laughed when i saw the DE List,This guy couldn't win with a DE army if he tried,a talos against tau with no wwp....Its dead meat!!,.no wyches......what the hells going on here!
But hey at least were getting in white Dwarf!!

Peace
There is nothing wrong with your television set,we control all you see and hear.

Offline Topswill

• Dark Eldar rock
« Reply #34 on: March 1, 2006, 06:02:26 AM »
 8) proves it once again...BUT I SWEAR that my bro is going to field the exact SAME list of TAU and I will play that list with my own and MOP THE FLOOR with him when I do, AND YES I WILL POST A DETAILED BATTLE REP when I've cleaned the tau greese blood from under my fingernails. I just hate it when that sticky stuff gets into my keyboard.
Kill, pillage, rape, murder...for a DARK Eldar doesn't sleep on a soft pillow of feathers and cuddle stuffed animals.

Offline Grumpy Kwi

• Archite
  • Ancient
  • Ask me for the DE True Type Font
« Reply #35 on: March 1, 2006, 05:30:38 PM »
LOL, the only way I can sum up the half arse attempt to take on the new TAU is because they (GW) didnt want to any of their other armies to lose.  That is why the DE are showing up so often.  They couldn't put Black Templars in there could they - didn't they just have a major campaign?  Oh no, lets just keep updating everyone's codex and we can just throw the DE in there since they lose so much and not many people care if they do.  I would love to see any of the Imperium go against Tau in their opening debut.

But our luck would have it, if and when DE does get the new updated codex they will lose that one too. Just as well, I have noticed new people posting their first lists on different forums - I think it is some sort of backlash that people keep seeing the DE lose so they decide to start an army just to see if they can win. :-\

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's your emperor now?
    • Vengeance of the Fallen [Dutch]
« Reply #36 on: March 1, 2006, 06:09:04 PM »
I skimmed over the pictures and readl ike 4 lines and the last 2 lines before deciding this was a piece of crap and threw it back on the counter. The dude list sucked from all sides. He didn't concentrate his units on the right threats and his luck was like. . .unimaginable crap.

Just another beslubbered up bat rep where DE gets kicked in the dirt.

*Geez ain't it obvious I don't like WD and GW about their DE ''promotion'' tactics?*

Offline Denair

« Reply #37 on: March 2, 2006, 06:37:20 PM »
I too agree with everyone so far. I am still a fairly new player to DE and I still cried when I saw the list and how it was played out. I was reading the WD during my breaks and people were wondering why I was groaning and getting upset while I was reading. Here is to hoping that they might start to finally represent us properly in the future....

Offline Archon Khiraq(danceman)

• The Devil in Pale Moonlight
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What's the matter? Don't you like clowns?
« Reply #38 on: March 2, 2006, 11:42:28 PM »
I too agree with everyone so far. I am still a fairly new player to DE and I still cried when I saw the list and how it was played out. I was reading the WD during my breaks and people were wondering why I was groaning and getting upset while I was reading. Here is to hoping that they might start to finally represent us properly in the future....

Even when Dark Eldar got a big fat WD report and fluff they lost! against Eldar! That report was just a random showoff of everything(or rather Asdrubbael Vect). The DE list wasnt very impressive but oddly the Eldar list was rather decent. Both armies had nearly every special characters in it.
The rediculous amount of errors the Dark Eldar player did brought a fleet stab to my Dark Eldar heart, I mean it was horrible to see. this was quite a big game, I think it was 2500-3000pts. Now to my favourite mistake, the Dark Eldar player decided to "squeeze off a few shots" and I was stunned... yeah thats a GREAT idea especially when facing the shooting phase of 2000+ points of Eldar the next turn. He managed to claw back at the end though.

about us winning in this WD, it was never meant to happend.

as a little sidenote I would like to add how much I hate to play against Tau in general. The list is a mistake, not beardy or anything but just plain boring to play against.
"The blade itself incites to acts of violence" - Homer.

Offline krusade

• I'm useful...
« Reply #39 on: March 6, 2006, 06:27:33 AM »
personallyt i think it was the player rather than the army that did it.
batreps are meant to show BALANCED forces that u can get in stores fight it out and thats what the armies represented. ( wyches are not available in stores any more )
the only exception was the inclusion of the haemonculus which was stupid.
and personally in the above context, i would have chosen the same units ( cept the haemonculus ).
lookin at the batrep itself, there are a couple of things everyone would have done differently - not focused on the biggest model; not tried to sieze the objective early on and lose the inititive...but on the other hand he did do something excellent which has take out shadowsun, and made her look like the shiney waste of space i thought she was when i read the codex.
all in all it wasnt a complete white wash, it simply showed that if you make mistakes with DE you will lose no matter what...and mistakes were made...( i dont even know CWE players that try and seize objectives in the 1st turn...especially when theyre out gunned )
eat my shorts