News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Space Marine Chapter in a box!!!  (Read 3755 times)

Callidus

Space Marine Chapter in a box!!!
« on: July 17, 2002, 12:40:52 AM »
Or, maybe not in a box, but anyways...
Did you know you can actually buy your very own chapter of SM? Thats right, 1000 SM plus almost 100 vehicles and stuff like that! That would be sweet!!! Just imagine, your very own chapte, al to yourself.
Of course, there is the price. I think its $5000. :-X

Offline Dangonblane

• Master of Sanctity
  • Ancient
  • Templar since '98
Re:Space Marine Chapter in a box!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 06:12:53 AM »
Oh, I saw that somewhere once!  Damned if I can remember where though...

In either case it definately was a US offer and I ain't paying the shipping cost to the UK for that much stuff  ;)

Offline Victor

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2002, 10:22:06 AM »

It was in one of the white dwarfs around when the land raider came out.
What is a Signature?

Offline Tycho

• BEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • My 40k Site (still lots to to be done)
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2002, 10:25:55 AM »
iv not seen that before but it sounds quite cool.  i know that it was in one of the white dwarfs but if any of you say in on the net could you tell me plaese cause i really want to see it. ;D
"The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!"

Offline BoyProdigy

• Pirate Prince
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Still rocking your world!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2002, 11:16:39 AM »
I think it also came with a thunderhawk

Offline Lord Argroth

• Death to the withered old man on the golden toilet
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2002, 04:18:09 PM »
Thats not nearly enough! There are something like 100 RHINOS in each chapter! Then there are the modded ones ie predator and things like the Land Raider, Land Speeders, bikes. And they need something like 20 Thunderhawks. You're gonna be looking at well over $10 000 let alone the $5000 for that boxed set!
Death to the enemies of Lord Argroth!

Think you can beat the name Lord Argroth?Then please send me a Personal Message with a cool name for a Khorne Lord but one which also fits in with normal Black Legion armies PLEASE!

Yeah but Slaanesh followers aren't real men. I mean who would walk around threatening people with a speaker and a siren? ;)
Quoted from Silverthorn

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2002, 11:31:41 AM »
a chapter has 1000 marines + tanks + characters + servitors + ships. It would be very cool though.
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Wraithboss

• Most Potent of Geezers
  • Back from the dead, and ready to Party!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2002, 03:56:39 PM »
Who in their right mind would even want that?

If it comes pre-painted in my colors of choice, along with the required carrying cases (several), a mini-van to haul it around in, a room addition to my house for a place to put it, and a set of massive ear-plugs to muffle the (rightfully sane) objections of the wife, then I might consider it...

Jeez :-\

`Boss!
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
                                    T. Roosevelt

Offline Enforcer

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2002, 03:56:58 AM »
I seem to remember a picture of the ultramarines chapter on the inside of the SM codex
"... and the Engines of Vaul will smite them, and bring fire upon them, and in agony they will depart this realm, their souls screaming into the black void that awaits their pitiful race. And with their banishment there will be peace in this place, and we will be one step further along the road we must tread... "

Offline Dangonblane

• Master of Sanctity
  • Ancient
  • Templar since '98
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2002, 10:29:23 AM »

I seem to remember a picture of the ultramarines chapter on the inside of the SM codex

That chapter is on permanent display at GWHQ in Nottingham.  I remember when it was first done back in 1995,  every store in the UK supplied either a painted squad or a tank.  It was very impressive.