News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40k in a flash  (Read 539 times)

Offline SM_hUNTER

• Pittosporum Tobira Variegata
40k in a flash
« on: March 20, 2005, 09:40:56 PM »
has anyone tried the 40k in a flash campain, wanted to try it with my friends and wanted some feedback first.
<http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/gaming/40Kin40min/default.htm>

Offline WolfLord_Adz

• I serve only Tzeentch - The changer of ways
Re: 40k in a flash
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 10:33:41 PM »
It isnt too bad for a quick fun game (although i doubt most games would take 40 minutes, then again there are some slow players out there), however, it seems that some armies get it a bit easier than others, for example, a nids army would be good for the model count, however they wouldnt be able to get any big bugs worthy of a fight.  Armies such as deathwing cant be played, which is quite annoying, such restrictions can really make it difficult to select a proper army list.

I cant see me taking my army to uni (or school when it came out) and having a game in an empty classroom, but if u dont want to play a long game, or if u only have 400pts worth of 4ok, then go for it, its a bit of entertainment at least.

Adz
Heh, i rolled a 6. Thats good in this game right?

2000pts - Dark Eldar
2500pts - Thousand Sons
2000pts - Tau
2500pts - Ex-13th Co

2000pts - Tomb Kings

Offline Kojiro

• Battles are not won on strength alone
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 10:49:37 PM »
My friends and I thought it was fun, of course that could be true because we added a story for each battle, had a ton of kill team  vs. kill team missions, and had a ton of scenery for buildings and forests.  (Scenery was possible due to the fact that the two other players and I had a ton of legoes and were able to build huge cities from them). 

Also, last Saturday, my friend and I did many small battles that were based off battles from Band of Brothers, and Call of Duty.  (example, fighting the trench mission.  Decided HB were good at trench warfare
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 10:53:48 PM by Kojiro »

Offline Elyas

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 03:51:42 PM »
I haven't tried it, but IMHO, it's only good if you're really limited on time (or points). I'd much prefer a map-based campaign, even if the banners (or whatever is used) are only 500 points-ish. I'd say that if you have someone who's willing to spend an extra 30-60 minutes or so each week as a GM, try a simple map-campaign (like the CF one).