News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Swordwind eldar vs space puppies  (Read 982 times)

Offline Draza

• Ancient
Swordwind eldar vs space puppies
« on: November 8, 2003, 04:33:34 AM »
My friend and i decided to have another 1000pt battle, this time on a much bigger playing surface with plenty of terrain.
ELDAR
Farseer>>witchblade,runes of witnessing,fortune
Great harlequin>>d-field,power weapon
7 scorps+exarch>>crushing blow
8 banshees
wraithlord>>scatter laser
4 reapers+exarch>>fast shot
4 hawks+exarch>>sustained attack
Space Wolves
Wolf priest>>had a 4+invulnerable save
Venerable dreadnought>>assault cannon,heavy flamer
9 blood claws>>few special wepaons
9 blood claws>>few special wepaons
9 grey hunters>>few special weapons+rhino
3 bikes
Turn 1 (we started at diagonal ends)
(SW)Moved all his troops forward, his rhino and bikes moved 12 inches closer.
(E) Moved my reapers, to form a killzone next turn. Cast fortune on my scorp squad (did this every turn). Moved banshees out of line of sight. Scorps moved forward. Advancing, my wraithlord fired 2 shots and managed to destroy the rhino. 1 casualty resulted.
Turn 2
(SW)Afraid of my reapers, he ran his hunters behind some paint jars(a wall of them). He moved up his dreadnought up and fired at my scorpion squad. My avatar had joined that squad and was the only one who could get hit, he suffered 2 wounds. Moved his  bloodclaw squad behind a bunker, trying his best to avoid reaper fire.
(E)Banshees ran back into cover to avoid the assault cannon. Reapers could see 4 marines from the hidden bloodclaw squad and proptly killed them from the other side of the board. Scorps, avatar and great harle all advanced. Wraithlord advanced and fired 2 shots at the dreadnought. Managing a 6 to glance, stunned it.
Turn 3(SW)His biker squad drove up and fired at my scorps. He failed to inflict any casualties. The grey hunter squad went further into cover, to avoid fire. Bloodclaws got into better positions, although they are still all the way on the other side of the board.
(E) The hawks arrived. The hawk grenades where right on target and landed on  9 bloodclaws, although only 2 died. They didn't scatter either and as they came down killed one marine. The banshees and scorps went into open ground, with the farseer and harlie following. The reapers destroyed the biker squad.
Turn 4
(SW) Expecting to be assaulted, he positioned his troops for the fight.
(E) The hawks assaulted a bloodclaw squad. The exarch hit with 9 attacks, but only managed to kill 2 troops. They suffered 1 casualtie. The reapers, having no targets decided to run to a building, to get to the top of the roof, for maximum vision. Banshhes and scorps moved into better positions.
Turn 5
(Sw) All blood claws and a wolf priest joined the battle. Exarch missed all attacks. The hawks got pummeled, with more than 40 attacks. Once wiped out, all units consolidated.
(E) Moved banshees up to meet enemy. (Reapers still makin it to roof)
Turn 6
(SW) All blood claws advanced, sticking close to the terrainand broken rhino to avoid reaper fire. Dreadnought could see 3 banshees and killed them.
(E) Banshees moved behind the scorpion squad, to avoid further fire. The reapers could see 3 blood claws and eliminated them. Wraithord fired 2 shots at dreanought and failed to hit.
Turn 7
(SW)Fired assault cannon at scorps, but re-rollable saves saved them. Moved his grey hunters to be closer to my forces, but still out of line of sight. Blood claws came closer to me, but decided not to enter my reaper kill zone.
(E) Harle ran over closer to wraithlord. Wraithlord fired 6 laser shots at 2 uncovered marines. One died. Fired his catapult and killed the 2nd one.
Turn 8
(Sw) Grey hunters came out and fired a plama gun and melta gun at my wraithlord. He took no damage. Dreadnought still couldn't harm scorps. Hunters charged and took one wound off my wraithlord (powerfist), i killed 2 of his men.
(E) Harlie came in and killed 3 models, wraithlord kicked some ass. Directing his attacks at my harlie, he could only roll one 6, so harlie took a wound.
Turn 9+
Sensing the end, all squads charged forwards. Dreadnought with a heavy flamer killed a scorpion and charged my wraithlord. One pack of blood claws followed suit. Woof priest joined the fray. Harlie killed another 2 models. The wraithlord and dreadnought both killed each other. The priest or marines could not hit my harlie. Scorpions got ready to charge the unengaged blood claws, but the reapers killed them all first. The farseer and banshees came to help the lone harlequin and at the cost of 4 banshees, finished off the last restistance.
In summary
-Harlequins with a domino field kick ass, even if they dont have a save in cc.
-Reapers are to be scared. They caused some serious damage and basically kept his powerful assault troops from assaulting, for fear of being shot.
Avatar and scorpions never made it to close combat, but acted as an invincible meatshield for my banshees with re-rollable saves.