News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dark eldar vs ulthwé eldar  (Read 845 times)

Offline IX

• When i take you, you die a thousand deaths
Dark eldar vs ulthwé eldar
« on: June 2, 2003, 10:07:18 AM »
The Archon was bored as usual, he wanted new slaves to torture and wraithbone to capture. So he prepared an army to attack the eldar oupost of the second Vexian moon. as he landed on the planet the battle soon started.

the battle was played using a standard mission and 1000 pnts army.

i played dark eldar:

HQ
- Lord - agoniser - sp pistol - shadow field - xenospasm
9 warriors 2 dark lances
Raider with dark lance

Elite
- 9 Wyches with wych weapons,  and one succubi with sp pistol and agoniser
Raider with dark lance
- 3 warp beasts with beastmaster

Troops
- Warrior squad 6x splinter rifle, 2x splinter cannon, 2x shredder
- Warrior squad 6x splinter rifle, 2x splinter cannon, 2x shredder

Fast Attack
None

Heavy Support
- Talos
- Ravager with 3 desintegrators

The eldar army ( it is not completely correct )

Hq
- Seer council, 3x farseer, 3x warlock, all armed with ccw and sh pistol( powers: 1x enhance, 2x augment, 1x eldritch storm, 1x fortune, 1x guide )

Elite
- Howling banshees 5x

Troops
- Black Guardian defender squad, 8x guardians 1 starcannon
- Black Guardian storm squad, 10 guardians, 1 warlock with enhance, ccw and sh pistol
- Guardian defender squad, 8x guardians 1 starcannon

Fast Attack
None

Heavy Support
- Wraithlord with starcannon
- dark reapers 3x
- support platform (sahdow weaver), warlock with ccw and sh pistol.

Turn 1. dark eldar
I begun the game by rolling for combat drugs, scoring the re-roll misses result, the beastmaster got +1s, but that had no effect due to it's agoniser the i rushed all the troops and raiders forward and moved for cover. i fired the all the weapons on the ravager on the wraithlord, but 1 missed one, on shot bounced harmless of it's tough armour, and 1 wound taken. i used fleet of foot on the rest of the squads.

Turn 1. eldar
he moved all troops forward, exept his seers, dark reapers and heavy weapons platforms, he forgot to use his phsychic powers. no shooting exept for the shadow weaver that dit not hit anything.

Turn 2. dark eldar
Now the fun starts. i moved full speed with all troops, and the raiders moved 12", deployed and fired. The wyches deployed behind cover. the lord and retinue headed for cover too. One dark lance made another wound on the wraithlord, bringing it to 1 wound, i fired the other dark lance at the heavy weapon platform, killing one crew. The lord fired his xenospasm at he banshees, killing 3 and pinned the squad. The ravager killed almost the entire guardian defender squad, leaving the 2 gun crew alive, the failed their morale check and fleed. the rest of the army used fleet of foot
i assaulted with the lord and retinue to finish off the banshees. not a smart choice, i lost to warriors, but the banshees were captured for arena fights on commoraagh, muhahahahahaha.

Turn 2 eldar
He had a lot of losses, but now he made some good progress, he used augmented eldritch storm on my warriors, but he killed only one warrior. then he rushed forward with his squads, exept dark reapers and shadow weaver. the avatar joined the storm squad. now he fired all that he could, ouch. the shadow weaver fired at the same squad the seer did, killing 2 more.
the wraithlord scored 1 glancing hit against my ravager, stunning the crew. the other starcannon in the black guardian squad blasted 1 of my raiders( they will regret that),  the dark reapers fired at the talos, making no wounds due to it's thick armour.

Turn 3 dark eldar
i moved all forward exept the ravager who was stunned, and the raider mover 6" forward to protect the wyches from shooting. then the talos was in range to fire it's sting. killing 2 storm guardians. the first warrior squad fired the splinter cannons killing some more of the storm guardians, and giving the avatar 1 wound. the other warrior squad was out of range. the dark lance of the raider killed the warlock guarding the shadow weaver. whahaha.
then i assaulted the wraithlord with the command squad, and the lord's agoniser killed the wraithlord( seriuous blow to the player).

Turn 3 eldar
eldritch storm was augmented and used on the warp beasts, killing 2. he did not move, he fired the shadow weaver at the other warrior squad, killing 4(damn).
he used a starcannon on my talos, no effect (again).
he fired his dark reapers at my other raider that was protecting my wyched, immobilising it and destroyed it.
he assaulted with his storm guardians and avatar, whiping out 1 warrior squad, but were now very vulnerable to shooting

Turn 4 dark eldar.
i moved the wyches to the seers. and moved the warp beasts there too. i moved the talos forward again. the ravager was back in action and moved 6". the i used the ravager to finish of the avatar and nearly all of the storm squad, whahahahhahaha. he had only the warlock and 2 guardians left. my warriors finished them off. the wyches fired at the black guardians killing 3.
the talos i forgot to shoot with, the dark lances in the command squad fired at the dark reapers, vapourising 2 and letting the other one fail his morale check and fleed.
now he had only some guardians, seer council and the shadow weaver, with 1 crew.

Then the seer council agreed to surrender, making a terrible choise. they were all captured and now serve as slaves in commoraagh. ;D ;D ;D
Fetch me another plaything, seems this one is broken.