News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: A full Blood Angels company to battle  (Read 585 times)

Offline Phoenix Da Lord

• For the Emperor of mankind
A full Blood Angels company to battle
« on: May 11, 2003, 02:09:14 PM »
Well, we had a battle day today, and we played a little three on three game, 2000 points each ( 2nd edition rules ). Little did we know that three players ( including me ) brought BA's. Of course, we played together, putting our mini's on the table, and yes, we had a full company ;D. 105 models ( three scouts that got lost during the force check or something :P ) What would justify such a deployment? A combined Death Guard, Ork and Necron threat.

First of all, I'll try to tell you what we had ( excuse me if it's not pin point accurate, there were a LOT of models and I'm a newbie for 2nd ed rules :P )

BA's--

2 devastator squads ( 4 heavy weapons, a sarge, 5 tac marines)

5 dreadnoughts ( 2 furioso, 1 assault cannon, 1 multi melta, 1 twin linked lascannon )

3 termie squads (  5 man squad with Heavy Flamer and assault cannon, 5 man squad withheavy flamer, 5 man squad with 2 thunder hammers + shields, 1 lightning claws, 1 assault cannon and a sarge )

1 assault squad ( 5 men, sarge with powerfist )

force commander ( power sword, bolt pistol, jump pack )

2 * chaplain level 4 ( rosarius and bolt pistol ) accompanied by 10 Death Companies ( 1 with power sword )

razorback ( twin linked lascannon )

predator ( autocannon + 2 sponson mounted lascannons )

librarian with force axe and bolt pistol

and 2 or 3 other squads, forgot what  >:(

Death Guard--

chaos lord

2 vet squads with heavies

3 death guard squads ( one with aspiring termie champ )

dreadnought

10 termies

Necron--

I think

2 destroyers

30 troopers ( forgot their name )

4 scarab swarms

necron lord

Orks--

lots of gretchin

mad dok

warboss

3 bikes

2 killa kans

1 ork dreadnought

a warp gretchin thrower thingy ( 2nd ed only )

30-40 greenskins with chppa's and shoota's

weirdboy with 5 greenies

Turn 1--

The evil one's go first, running mostly to ge closer, infiltrating a vet squad in a building just in front of us ( didn't like the looks of that). This kind off summarizes their first turn. They started shooting and got one space marine ( on the necron table side ).

magic phase, they wanted to cast something nasty, we used daemonic attack, which hurled the psyker in hte warp, but he got saved by a card. We then casted energy drain to stop all psychic things )

Our turn

moved my force commander in the building charging the vet squad. Nothing really moved, we shot all we had at the oncomming horde, blasting away the warp gretchin thrower thing ( which was said to kill anything it hitted ), leaving one death guard squad with one man standing and putting 3 necron to sleep. The force commander killed 2 vets and got ready to charge the other one next turn.

Magic

energy drain and sudden death of magic phase

turn 2--

they moved some gretchin to protect the remaining death guards and the chaos lord and started shooting again, blasting the razorback turret high in the air, and killing. the remaining vet attacked the force commander, hitting him, but the displacement field (?) teleported him inches to safety

magic, 2 nullifies and an energy drain ;D

the commander charged the vet, the rest of the army got into firing positions, shooting away 15 gretchin, and putting one on fire ;D. Devastating another death guard squad and putting 5 more necron to sleep.

I am running out of time for the moment, but I will be putting the remainder of the battle up later on. Cheers

turn 3--

Thousand sons: " Emperor, we want to fight for you again. We love you. "
Emperor: " Never!! I will not allow tainted blood to join my ranks !!! "
Thousand Sons: " But we have no blood. "
Emperor: " Oh....well, ok then. Welcome back !! "

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left."

"Remember that you are unique.....just like everyone else"