News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40k/AoS stuff you can do while painting  (Read 733 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
40k/AoS stuff you can do while painting
« on: June 4, 2020, 09:14:52 PM »
Splintermind podcast for all your SciFi pointy eared goodness.
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast - YouTube

This guys has spent a lot of time researching 40k Lore, great if you want want to delve into the lore but don't have time to consume mountains of books. Good for beginners and veterans alike.
YouTube

Anyone come across other good stuff?

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: 40k/AoS stuff you can do while painting
« Reply #1 on: June 5, 2020, 07:52:05 AM »
I usually listen to Warhammer audiobooks I get on audible.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: 40k/AoS stuff you can do while painting
« Reply #2 on: June 6, 2020, 07:30:26 AM »
@Mage Thanks Mage appreciate the shout out. Pretty proud of the show we put together, our last episode on Harlequins I think really highlights some killer moves you can pull. We're really going to push forward with competitive thematic builds too the next one is our "anti-ynnari" club episode with a Covens and Frozen Stars Harlequins combo episode, where we dive deep into what Harlequins and Coven offer each other on the tabletop and where they intersect in the lore. We are recording our 9th ed preview in just about an hour too, so that'll be available in the not too distant future. You guys can get a link to our FB page and thus links to our other episodes there as well. Anyway thanks Mage!

My favorite 40k listen at the moment is Chapter Master Valrak. Chapter Master Valrak - YouTube He's incredibly funny, super passionate and a great hobbyist. His lore recaps, and his reaction videos for all the new stuff are hilarious. The guy is always so damn excited you can tell he's ready to go through the roof. The video I recommend watching is where he reviews the model lines from other factions and picks which armies need plastic resculpts. When he got to the Craftworld Eldar section I was crying laughing. YouTube

But my ultimate standby is Scorpion82. In particular the Plus channel which is a paid subscription channel. I love the army development videos, where Scorp goes through his list building process and explains why he's choosing stuff and then interacts with the subscribers in the comments section. I've gotten so many ideas from for my own lists listening to those videos even for armies I dont even play. He even reviewed one of my own lists! Anyway those are my faves guys cool idea for a thread Mage!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/