News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Slaanesh & Fyreslayers & More  (Read 2553 times)

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
Slaanesh & Fyreslayers & More
« on: March 28, 2019, 05:44:15 AM »

I don’t know about you guys, but these are some pretty sweet minis imo.

There’s also the Fyreslayers, who are getting a new book, a terrain piece and ‘endless runes’.  Oh, and speaking of endless spells, there’s even more on the way!

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Slaanesh & Fyreslayers & More
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 06:17:30 AM »
I have never been a fan of GW Slaanesh models, but these have blown me away.

That Keeper of Secrets is truly outstanding and I love the threatening aura it exudes.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 08:42:23 AM »
Well now... there goes my plan for a Chaos Space Marine army. Slaanesh's new models are absolutely beyond incredible! I'm loving the absolute wildness of the Mirror Portal, Daemon Prince, and the Masque. They look like they came straight out of Slaanesh's version of Mattigra (Quite a wild festival in New Orleans), which is epic!

I love the dynamism of the poses, especially the Herald balanced atop the Daemon Prince. Also that Daemon Prince maybe the smallest of it's kind, but it's also the most beautiful interpretation of the model that I've ever seen. He really looks like a corrupted Aelf, as well, anyone else think that?

The Masque is a beautiful reinterpretation of the previous model, both elegant and fluid. The only criticism that I have is that the sculpt of the face looks a bit off. I'd like to see the Masque from a full 360-degree angle to see if that's just the photo. Other than that, I'm loving it!

Of the Endless Spells that I like the most, aesthetically, I like the Portal gripped in a Daemonic Hand. The spell of spiked wheels doesn't really standout to me, but the Daemonette hand looks solid.

Greater Daemon of Slaanesh: I've waited for this model for a very long time, like most of the newer sculpts for Greater Daemons. Personally, this is my favorite by far, and is really the epitome of Slaanesh's twisted beauty. Also, the face of the Greater Daemon reminds me of the fusion of a Tauralon's head and that of an Aelf's. Really cool and unique aesthetic.

Fyreslayers are also cool! Hope that they're back on the map for whoever plays them!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Slaanesh & Fyreslayers & Mor
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 10:30:33 AM »
I completely agree with you guys!  These new Slaanesh minis now look genuinely sinister rather than ‘cartoony’.  And there is an Aelf look to them as well.

I can also share the new Fyreslayer terrain feature and some of their ‘Endless Runes’ (Magmic Invocations):

I’m really confident that the overlords will eventually get something similar.  ;D

And check out this Warcry Warband; the Iron Golems:

And chaos critters:

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 05:28:20 PM »
The Slaanesh models are incredible.  I love the flowing nature of the robes and the sculpts.  These are some of the best Daemon models that GW has produced in my opinion.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 05:54:50 PM »
I love all the new stuff for the Fyreslayers! That terrain piece is definitely really cool! I do think it's cool that all factions are getting their own terrain piece, but I'm finding it weird that the terrain for two different armies being on the battlefield at the same time. I guess I'm talking from a narrative standpoint, that two important terrain lynchpins would be on the battlefield when two armies are clashing.

Anyone else think that?

Magma Salamander looks awesome! Loving it!

Online Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 10:33:23 AM »
I love all the new stuff for the Fyreslayers! That terrain piece is definitely really cool! I do think it's cool that all factions are getting their own terrain piece, but I'm finding it weird that the terrain for two different armies being on the battlefield at the same time. I guess I'm talking from a narrative standpoint, that two important terrain lynchpins would be on the battlefield when two armies are clashing.

Anyone else think that?

Magma Salamander looks awesome! Loving it!

Yeah, I really sort of feel that narrative campaigns should only be including their terrain pieces when it's, you know, narratively feasible.

For Matched Play, though, it shouldn't really matter. Narrative isn't that important then, anyway.

What my gaming group often does (for 40k--we haven't played much AoS yet) is use Matched Play rules to buy our armies and adjudicate rules, but try to set up narrative scenarios and terrain and such.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 10:09:06 AM »
I really enjoy using the terrain features. Adds some fun new rules to the game, and adds character to your army. I've played about a half dozen games with my new Skaven battletome, and I absolutely love the gnawholes.

The new fyreslayers and slaanesh stuff looks outstanding. I'm mostly looking forward to the last two Underworlds warbands for this season to be released. I need those cards for my collection.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #8 on: April 2, 2019, 12:03:10 PM »
The Slaanesh stuff looks great.

Fyreslayers though... It's not that they don't look good, but a lot of their range looks quite samey, doesn't it?

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2019, 03:56:19 PM »
Hedonites of Slaanesh will be available to pre-order at the end of the week! Big news from this is that GW officially confirmed that there are no new mortals included in the book. I'm not really sure what to make of that, as that is certainly not how the other three gods were treated during their own releases.

I've gone from incredibly excited to slightly disappointed. I still think the new models and rules will be incredible once released though! But now I'm definitely considering perhaps waiting for Slaves to Darkness after all.

What do you guys think?

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/SlaaneshPreview-Apr21-SlaaneshLtdEdBattletome4ujcde.jpg
https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/SlaaneshPreview-Apr21-SlaaneshCards5ujce.jpg
https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/SlaaneshPreview-Apr21-FaneSlaanesh.jpg
https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/SlaaneshPreview-Apr21-Shalaxi3jnce.jpg

Image tags removed to prevent hotlinking - Iris.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 05:52:37 PM by Irisado »

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2019, 04:28:07 PM »
On the one hand, the new minis they released are absolutely fantastic.  On the other hand, I’m slightly disappointed that there aren’t any new mortal units.  Because with the exception of Khorne, specific god mortal units are a little neglected.

But this aside, they’ve really outdone themselves this time.  Oh, and fyi, the Fyreslayers are apparently great; powerful but not over the top.  In other words, a new codex done right.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2019, 04:44:39 PM »
Yeah, I find myself agreeing with you Calamity. GW has been making some great Battletomes for AoS, and I don't see why Hendonites will be any different.

Great to know that Fyreslayers have a great new set of rules.

Don't you have a Fyreslayer army, Calam?  :)

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2019, 05:31:47 PM »
I don’t actually, surprisingly.  ;D

See, when they first came out, I loved the look of them, but I already had an army of axe wielding maniacs (the Bloodbound) and so I passed on them.

But now that I’m selling the Bloodbound, that could change!  ;)

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2019, 11:25:32 PM »
Maybe there's a fluff reason, since Slaanesh is locked up, so they can't amass much mortal worshippers?

I'll miss the psychedelic Conans with nipple chain piercings though.

And I still think the Fyreslayers look like they copy-pasted the same three models and put some of them on top of a monster and gave some others some halberds.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2019, 07:24:56 PM »
And I still think the Fyreslayers look like they copy-pasted the same three models and put some of them on top of a monster and gave some others some halberds.

To be fair though, Stormcast suffer from the same issue, but they're still fairly popular  :). It just depends on your tastes. Besides, Slayer models have never been bursting with individuality when compared to each other ;).

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 12:32:32 PM »
Besides, Slayer models have never been bursting with individuality when compared to each other ;).

Well, that's why I never quite got why they were promoted from a sub-faction army list to an independent faction, but I understand that most people think they're all right so I won't come with too much negativity.

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2019, 10:39:59 PM »

Think they all look the same? That's racist.  ;)

I think they look really cool, but their kits are really expensive. I've never seen a fyreslayers army on the table, but they were pretty brutal in AoS 1. I've not had a chance to look at their new rules yet.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2019, 11:12:09 AM »
There’s a Fyreslayer army in my wider gaming group.  I’ve never faced it but apparently he does very well most of the time.  Better than my Overlords that’s for sure.

• Ancient
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2019, 10:36:21 AM »
Been looking at the new slaanesh reveals on the community site. Some of the stuff looks pretty nuts. The one spell where you pick an enemy hero and they can't advance, or charge, is nuts. The Endless Spells and scenery are not bonkers crazy, which is good to see. I've been using my Warp Lighting Vortex in my Skaven army, and it's a bit broken-good.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2019, 01:09:33 PM »
Been looking at the new slaanesh reveals on the community site. Some of the stuff looks pretty nuts. The one spell where you pick an enemy hero and they can't advance, or charge, is nuts. The Endless Spells and scenery are not bonkers crazy, which is good to see. I've been using my Warp Lighting Vortex in my Skaven army, and it's a bit broken-good.

I've also been following those articles! Actually, as great as the rules are, I'm actually most excited to see all of this new lore for the Hedonites! Reading the lore article, some of that art was like "whoooaaa... that's awesome!". And then there's some really cool lore included in that as well, the background for Syll'Eskke is my favorite piece so far.