News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Legions of Nagash  (Read 761 times)

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Legions of Nagash
« on: May 28, 2018, 05:48:47 AM »
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/24/24th-may-faction-focus-legions-of-nagashgw-homepage-post-3/#

The changes and combinations outlined here look very promising.  I felt that my Death force was rather underwhelming in so many ways when I first played, so these changes and the way in which the whole army now seems to be working make me feel much more positive.  Hopefully, they will also inspire others to play Death forces in the game.  Are any of you thinking about it?
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Legions of Nagash
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 08:14:39 AM »
Depends on whether my friend wants the Nighthaunt or not. I might push Daughters of Khaine out to next year if there is a window of opportunity to get them. Will have to wait and see :). The haunt look like a completely different experience then the Idoneth. Might be cool to have that contrast between collected forces.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Legions of Nagash
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 10:51:49 PM »
Death has been a solid force ever since the Legions of Nagash book came out. These changes don't make much of a difference to how the book already played.

Bringing back units for free is nice, but a cagey opponent can block your gravesites and prevent your models from re-entering the board.

I've been playing death for almost a year now, with my Flesh Eater Courts and I've won more games than I've lost. Death is very reliant on ita heros, so you've gotta be mindful of them.

I am curious to the changes my ghouls will have. If I can recruit models larger than starting unit sizes, flesh eater courts are going to be terrifying. 
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria