shouldn't it be red? After all... red ones go faster. ^_^
While the red ones do go fasta, there is something to be said for going against the grain and going with a stark klan color. That being said, Baron Wastelands your Bad Moons bikers are truly great work. There's a lot of great painters that are part of the WotW, but I have an affinity towards Bad Moons at the moment, and you're paint skills in that department leave me scratching my head going "how'd he do that?!"
Great work as always adam, are the dags and checks decals or did you paint them? I ask because if they are decals, you've done amazingly well with them as I can't see any bubbles or areas where it didn't go on straight or are coming up (I have some difficulty with decals, could you tell?)
As for myself, I have my own final update, and am celebrating the fact it got finished just before the 11th hour (a true rarity for me in these projekts!)
Lets start with the last minute Scratch built Kannons for Ork E Nuff...
They're simple, and the picture perfect example of scratchbuilds, each of them are constructed from scrap that any other bloke would have tossed in the bin rather than the bits box. The total components are half a Battlecannon, a Leman Russ hatch, Leman Russ sponson bitz, sprues, and cut off scrap card. I particularly like the one in the rear which used bits from the front sponson of the Russ instead of the side sponsons. The front tubing of the Kannons are removable just in case I want to use them as Lobbas, or more realistically if I ever decide to do an Imperial Grot Army they'll be perfect for Mortar weapon teams. The "base" is just a thin cut out of card sized to Monstrous Creature bases and is really there because I think they look better with bases despite the Ork Artillery models lacking a real base.
But enough with that, let's show off the completed Dakka 1...
With Dakka 1 (well with Dakka 2 as well) I tried out a new type of weathering. Well it was new to me, the basic premise is a series of mud caking washes that are breezed back across the model with a hairdryer before hung up like clothes to dry. It's supposed to simulate real weathering of planes going thru dust storms. I think it came out great, but definitely not as expected (than of course in true Orky fashion nothing I build or paint comes out exactly as expected).
The Base came out amazing I think, of course it is just one half of what is currently my favorite konversion
I did try a couple different types of fauna for the side, but nothing really seemed to fit, or really looked right with the Martian red sands that I've been basing most of my models in. The only detraction I really have with the base is that I'd have much rather used the old Scything Talons for the Lictor, but it was a great find to get that classic Lictor in the first place, beggars can't be choosers after all.
And for the whole package, Dakka 2 atop the scenic base...
Like I alluded to earlier, this is (for the moment anyway) my personal favorite konversion I've built. It could be classified as a scratchbuild I suppose, but the fact that it contains so much of the standard Dakkajet kit it wouldn't feel right to me. The mud layering effect really changed the whole dynamic that the first couple coats of jet and metallic black gave, but at the same time it looked a little too Batman to me, and we all should know from earlier in this thread that the Batman Ork thing is really Skeetergod's area of expertise. Oh before I forget, both Dakkajets can be removed from their bases to sit on the ground, perfect for if/when I build an airfield that will need some idle jets to sit on (oh wonderfully bad terrain ideas that will be overcomplicated, difficult to build, and take up more space than I have free).
And to round it all off in parting here's a group shot of the whole bunch