News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Knuckles on Necrodermis campaign - campaign concluded, results pending  (Read 15103 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Knuckles on Necrodermis - the Necron forum vs Ork Forum campaign!
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 08:45:23 AM »
Thats OK, as I am sure that lettheharvestbegin will be happy to know that the game wont count for this campaign. This just means a rematch is in order. Same bat place same bat table same bat army, just a different day. (and I am sure the burna boys will be a higher target priority)

BTW:  I was not boasting (ok maybe a little) but I was playing under the assumption that this was the first day of the campaign, and when I went to post the battle report found to my chagrin that I was a week early.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 09:18:36 AM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 09:33:01 AM »
No worries SKEETERGOD, I was playing like a MMF on what I too thought was the first day of the campaign. That poor Space Wolve player thought I was out for blood (which I was) as he said that aside from tournies he didn't see my play so aggressively in a very very long time. His list was pretty aggressive too, so I didn't feel bad, but I was not holding back and his Troops were gone pretty fast, so his chances of wining become that much less.

Wanna a teaser Pic ? I can get you the before and after if you like (not showing all of the game)...

Cheers

Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 09:50:51 AM »
OK let us see some pics of destroyed SW  8)

Then while your at it you might as well add a few details about how you destroyed them so furiously, and I suppose while your at it you might want to add a few more pics showing how your orks smushed the wolves and since you are posting a few extra photos you will need some more descriptions, and then of course some more explanations to go with how those pictures show you eliminating your opponent, and then of couse since you are going through all this trouble you might want to post your army list and his too, and then if there are any pictures of those go ahead and put those in too, and since you have so far gone through all this trouble so far go ahead and give us all a blow by blow account of how the game progressed with maybe a  few more pictures to show how you managed to best the SW, and then after that see if you could spend just a minute more and organize it in chronological order, then when you finished go ahead and post it so we can read it.

Thanks ;)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 04:07:24 PM »
This is the roster as of today:

Current Participants:
Orks
OD from TV - Team Leader
Khemri.
Jack_Meridew
Skeetergod
Jimmyhatfield
Azonolanthious
Hekkastor
angel of death 007                         {sector 3}

Necrons
-Necroncell2131 -- Team Leader -- {sector 2}
-Moc065                                          {sector 3}
-Lazarisreborn                                {sector 2}
-Kaiju Senso                                   {sector 3}
-Blindmage                                     {sector 1}
-Doopsie                                         {sector 1}
-Killersquid
-Firefox
-Gutstikk                                         {possible entrant}
-LetTheHarvestBegin                      {possible entrant}

If I'm missing anyone post in here; I've tried to gather all the names I could find but there's always potential for me to be missing someone.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:51:41 PM by moc065 »

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 06:53:58 PM »
I am on the Necron side there Gutstikk, as I was under the impression that I must pick one faction or the other.

Anyway, I will get back to you on if I know of any other Necron players; but right now we are 7 vs 7 (cool by me).

Teaser pics of my Necron vs SM battle *(no batrep forth coming).

The armies at the start.

TMGM -- Deciever, D-Lord, 4 FO's, 7 Pariah, 20 Warriors, 6 Wraiths, 5 Scarbs, 5 TS's, and a Mono.
Wolves -- 2 R-priests, Wolf Lord on dog, 36 grey hunters, 18 fangs, 10 wolfguard, 5 dogs, 3 pods, 1 rhino

TMGM is a CC Necron army with some fire support
Wolves are set up like 4 groups of Fangs with Hunters to Score/capture, etc.

I was forced into 1st turn on a Pitched Battle with 2 MO's. The Wolves then stole the initiative and proceeded to shoot the hell out of the Necrons. The Necrons weathered the storm and got into CC with the Wolves, lots of wolves died and some Necrons died. All Grey Hunters ceased to exist by turn 5 while 18 Necron Warriors remained to score/contest the objectives. The Wolves had most of their Wolfguard intact as well as 1 unit of Longfangs and a damaged Rhino. El-decievio, SupRINM-11, 3 Wraiths, the Mono and 18 of the Warriors carried the day.

Short and sweet. And I thought it would be cruel to use my Orks, and they tend to steamroll guys in 3-4 turns. At least he had a chance vs the Tomb World. I am still in the build of a few of my figures, so the Immortals in the picture are FO-Proxies and the blue Warriors are Pariah-Proxies.

I loved WBB this game and hated Living Lightning and some 17 Missile Launcher shots to go with some Lascannon, Plasma, and bolter fire too.

Cheers

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 07:20:01 AM »
Thanks for the correction, and nice to see the highlights from the practice round! With my mistake being fixed, the teams seem like they'll be pretty balanced - 7 per team is a good starting size, but there's plenty of room for more.

Anyone who's looking to get in please post before the start date, so your team captain can get you sorted out and up to speed!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 07:59:28 AM »
Don't forget lettheharvestbegin,

He signed up to this forum on the necron side for the sole purpose of playing in this campaign, I know he didn't post anything yet (he said he sent PMs) I will see him again this coming saturday and let him know he has to post and that that first game we played was just practice. :'(

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 04:53:41 PM »
Gutstikk:  I got missed.  I will be playing for orks at 1850 points in sector 3.

I know OD had me in the other list not sure where it got boggled up.  I don't wanna get lost in the shuffle.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 06:40:26 AM »
Mistakes happen, don't worry angel your on my list which means your good to go.

Oh and now at a good 83% complete and with the official start of the campaign just around the corner, here is a lovely surprise for you all.  Remember how Gutstikk was explaining NP (notoriety points) in the rules of the Campaign?  Well being the nice guy that I am, and naturally wanting everybody to be hyped about the event which I helped put together, the Most Notorious player will be receiving this bad boy of terrain!

(and a lone Shoota in need of paint to show da Scale)

Now I admit the painting is not complete here (photos will be replaced here when it is done) but I will be ploping this Necron Obelisk into the mailbox to the grand winner (dear god please let the winner be in the continental US so I don't have to pay overseas shipping).  It's not the prettiest piece of scenery yet as there is still touch up (and further weather distressing), Necron runes, a wash or 2 and drybrushing to still be done on it, but hey even if you don't like the way it looks, you still can win a free piece of terrain!  So get out there and earn your place as Mr. Notorious 40k.

Peace
~OD
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 06:47:45 AM by OD from TV »
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 08:59:34 AM »
Respect @ OD from TV

As I think it is pretty cool that you not only offer a free piece of terrain as a little Bonus Prize in the campaign; but its a Necron Obilisk as well. Awesome as your pictures have at least inspired me to get some Necron terrain features happening for myself. I would love to see some close ups of the top section of the Obilisk as I can't make them out in the little pics you posted.

I have yet to schedule a game for next week; but you better believe that The Mighty Green Machine (Necrons) are ready to go, as they have downloaded their newest software upgrade and they can't wait to test the progarm out on some Bio-mass. Hopefully its some Krork Bio-Mass; but anything living will do for the test run.

Cheers and good luck to all.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2010, 03:05:44 PM »
I have a question: What is this tablet you speak of? I have read the fluff and do not see the value of this tablet, according to the fluff we should be looking for a generator.

And while I am at it; Where are the special scenarios listed? Then to continue to stir the pot, I have to ask is the diaorama contest the same as the special character contest?

Sorry to have to ask for clarification so late, but I was too busy being blood thirsty and scrapping necrons to build my living stompa... :o

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 05:09:43 PM »
Heh, all will be revealed later...! At least for the missions. The tablet though contains the instructions [in binary of course] on how to use the Necrodermis Generator. Not like you read the instructions, lol.

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2010, 07:04:02 AM »
The campaign is now open! I'll repost this snippet here [the bonus mission for round one], but do note it's been added to the start of the thread as well at this location:

Interrupted... (Bonus Mission for Round 1)
While the Necrons [or Orks] are searching for the Necrodermus generator, an enemy army takes the opportunity to launch a surprise attack! Your force is caught totally off-guard and must hold out long enough to regroup and chase the enemy away!

Your deployment zone is a 12" x 12" square in the center of the table, and you may choose which long board edge counts as your board edge. You must deploy at least 1 HQ and 2 troops choices in your deployment zone. Any other units may be deployed or held in reserves. Your opponent then can deploy his units anywhere within 6-12 inches of any table edge other than your own. The objective is to make it to Turn 5 with at least one Troop unit alive - do this succesfully and you win, any other result is a loss.

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Knuckles on Necrodermis campaign - Round 1 begins!
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2010, 09:44:17 AM »
For the bonus mission we have to have one troop choice alive at the end of turn 5 but I have some questions about that:

1.) does it have to be one of the original troop choices that were deployed in the 12" x 12" zone?  or can it be a troop choice that was in reserve?

2.)  Does this also include units that count as a troop choice due to HQ choice?
 Example: I have a big mek and take a Deff dread as a troop choice. 

I really want to play this mission but I want to clearify it up first.  I really don't know how fair it is though if your troop choice you reserve and it ends up turning up on turn 4 and because it is alive you win?  I don't think i could do a win like that. 

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2010, 06:44:01 AM »
Most players will only have 4 troops choices in a list, and having to deploy in such a tiny area [where presumably your force has been searching for the tablet] means your force will necessarily be divided. I'd be very surprised if anyone made it through this mission with the units that started in the killbox still alive.

Feel free to reserve whatever troops you can. The enemy's goal is to kill what starts on the table, then annihilate whatever turns up to support. I think they'll have a decisive upper hand.

Edit: Also, if you guys would like this awful "sexy" banner I've concocted, here's the code:

Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=205138.msg2508944#msg2508944]
[img width=600 height=113]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4092/5031049446_f44dcdb809_b.jpg[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 04:18:28 PM by Gutstikk »

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 04:34:05 PM »
Banner looks good. I'll see if I can't try out this mission this coming games day. If not, the necrons will just go and pick on someone in standard missions.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2010, 07:28:28 AM »
I think that it is sad that you must put 2 Troops in the Kill box, as its a handy cap to Necrons nice they don't normally take 4 troops choices. In fact for most guys that is all of their troops or at least 2/3 of them (larger games). We have not rides to hide in, or ways to bounce off the table, etc. I am pretty sure that my Ork Nob Biker list (Very close ot KoS) could chew through almost any Necron list put into that scenerio, regardless of tactics as the Ork Speed will have them in CC in 1-2 turns. And killing 20-30 Necron Warriors is not that tough for orks in CC; especially with a couple trukk mobs, Ork nnob Bikers, Battlewagons of dudes, etc.

Yes I can build a permiter of CC Necrons; but orks still have shooting so the Warriors will be hard pressed to survive.

Cheers.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2010, 08:46:23 AM »

Yes I can build a permiter of CC Necrons; but orks still have shooting so the Warriors will be hard pressed to survive.

I thought it was the orks who started in the box, oooopppsssiiiiieeee . It is ok though as the attacking necrons did not do enough damage and AWTY killed himself another monolith.

I started my biker nobs and my warboss as well as a truck load of boys, I am still typing out the batrep so no spoilers here, but it went well for the orks.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2010, 08:54:09 AM »
It depends who is the defending player as the defenders start in the Kill box. I am using Necrons for the campaign so for me Necrons are in the box, for you the Orkz would be in the box (I believe).

It just happens that I actually play both armies, and if I were to face them off vs each other, My orks would probably win most games where the distance was so shortened as they excell at CC, where my Necrons do CC well; but not at the Ork level of Knob Bikers. And my Necrons don't ahve nearly as much speed as my orks.

Cheers

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2010, 04:12:59 PM »
Well remember though, it's a chance at a bonus point. Look at it like this - if you play the bonus mission you offset any lost points in that sector even if you lose the mission [because you gain a bonus CP just for attempting it]. And if you win the bonus mission and your team suffers no losses, your team's gained an extra CP above and beyond what was possible. It's meant to be somewhat tougher.

As a Necron player though, here's what I'd offer up: think outside the CC style approach at other options for defense. The veil of darkness is a very nice way to avoid the enemy for a turn or two, and having a monolith allows for a resorb lord joined to a unit of crons to be fairly resilient. Up the unit size of one team, and when the enemy commits, deploy your 'lith by DS, veil away as needed till the lith arrives, and then start rerolling those WBB's.

It's definitely doable, since only 1 troops choice needs to live. 2 on table, one in reserve arriving via the portal and you're good to go.