News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Any interest in a FW style campaign?  (Read 711 times)

Offline ShasO Kodel

Any interest in a FW style campaign?
« on: February 3, 2010, 04:34:29 PM »
After a few attempts, pretty much all failures, I've decided to try a new bent to do an online campaign. Rather than struggle to get an all sides against the middle style campaign, I'm trying to setup a group v group, based on the narrative pattern that Forge world supposedly uses in writing their novels. Granted, certain groups (Orks, Nids, DE) are pretty impossible to do other than standalone, but just about everyone else can get hammered into a particular mold with the right background.

This is more to see what the current army spread is. If everyone who's interested is playing SM and CSM, with a dash here and there of other armies, that pretty much spells it out.

Rules are rather straightforward: After a narrative entry (mods, please point my ignorant self towards the proper board if I shouldn't place those here), I'll wait a week, more likely 2, to see battle results, which can be PMed to me or posted as AAR's for brownie points. If you have a particular guy (captain, sergeant, commissar, whatever) that you pour your heart and soul into, especially if he pulls off a spectacular action (lone IG sergeant kills 2 bloodletters in CC, and wipes out the squad from a break check), let me know, and I'll try to include them in the next narrative. No points, no special rules, though I'll include "requests" for narrative fluff (i.e. chemical warfare that causes night vision checks to see through the mustard gas, etc. etc.). I don't care who you play against, though obviously playing against the appropriate group is preferred, but you must fly your flag (If you want to play on the IG/SM/SoB side, you can't post victories playing as Nids). Imagine this will run 8 - 10 weeks, at which point I'll flesh it out and start posting incremental fiction entries. Ideas for strategic actions (you'd be playing as the generals, after all :) ) are strongly encouraged. BFG and Aeronautica games will also be counted as applicable.

Trying to drum up support, as I'm rather annoyed WHFB is getting a second bite at the apple, rather than 40k getting a WWC this year.