News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: - Comment. This sites moderator/admin community offically sucks!  (Read 6512 times)

Offline Coreyb

• Banned Spammer | Because words dont make any sence
  • Coreyb = banned
Thats right, Im coming at You, fists flying and to officially say ' beslubber YOU! '. Most of them suck, ( Lozerial or whatever is cool  8) ) because I say to someone about not quoting a post right above Yours, it can waste room and its useally a forum rule, everything is all normal, then I get I get this clown guy, moderators and admins all flaming Me and telling Me all about it and how I shouldnt do it, start deleting posts, editing them having stupid things in them, editing My profile to stupid Boy Snide's Outrageously Shiny Leather and PVC clad Soul Trainy things and now I cant really acsess My profile.

So this is why I am here to say this sites moderator/admin community sucks, I dont know how much longer Ill last and I dont know how You all last without doing one simple little mistake then they all pounce on You. Thanks for reading and watch Your backs! Again, ' beslubber YOU ALL! '

I'll just wait for My PM box to flood in and the flames to rise on here :)

EDIT : If You ban Me, please delete My account, feel free to. I wouldnt worrie about making another account, Ill just die.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 12:14:59 PM by Coreyb »
Building up a 3000 point Chaos Black Legion army!

Offline Gwaihir

• Infinity Circuit
Re: - Comment. This sites moderator/admin community offically sucks!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 12:30:28 PM »
I find the mods to be, for the most part anyway, reasonable and effective.  The forum is well ordered and it is easy to find things you want without having to wade through massive ammounts of useless posts.

They do certainly at times do things that can be slightly annoying or whatever and don't always respond in the best way, but as a whole they do a good job.

I would suggest that perhaps you need to settle down a bit and consider whether the offense was really as bad as you seem to think it was.  Also remember that if you are chastised by a mod, the biggest mistake you can make is to fight back--particularly if you are violating rules in doing so.  The angry, argumentative tone isn't the best way to get people to listen to you is it?

Calm down.  Drop the language and temper.  Speak reasonably and clearly about what upset you, and you will probably find the mods can give you reasonable correction/advice, and may even actually listen to what you have to say.

Really it is difficult to decipher what has upset you based on what you have written.

Read the story behind custom titles and tell us about yours.

"You cannot win tommorow, for you do not know why we fight today."  --Farseer Fa'alorath, Craftworld Fa'alnor-The Fate Weavers.

Offline Kitsune Tsuki

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 12:53:51 PM »
Ugh, I guess I'll explain.

The title and Chuckles 'harassing' you.  You something on needing a video as a guide to pin models and you ended your sentence with "[snip]...because words dont make any sence."  Now Chuckles found the irony here a bit funny and decided to quote it in his sig.  He was not trying to take a dig at you.  He was laughing at the ironic situation at hand, rather then laughing at you.  The same goes with Khemri.  They both found the irony humorous.  Learn to take a joke, okay? :D  Laughing at your own mistakes is the best way to move past them, rather then trying to cover them up.  It's worse when someone calls you on your mistakes and you deny it.  Be honest with your errors.  It's not bad to edit a post for a simple spelling error, but editing content to prove someone wrong or hide your mistake is generally frowned upon.

You were warned about modifying your profile to make attacks at other people, which is akin to slander.  Because chuckles' profile didn't really attack or slander you, it was fine.  You, however, were.  Thus the mods edited to put an end to it.

Enforcing rules on your own, not a big deal, in and of itself, if you put some additional content in a post.  If you tell someone not to double post, then proceed to contribute to the topic at hand, it's not a huge foul.  However if you derail a discussion to tell someone the rules, more so with a non-existent rule, then you are running a foul.  I'd suggest you read this sites rules before trying to preach them.  Every time I join a new forum, I read the rules just for any differences in that site's policies.  If you need to fix something, we have a report to moderator button.  Press it, submit a report and a local or global moderator will come and address the issue for you.  It's almost like a 911 button.

Your title was given for a multiple reasons, spamming, flaming (through use of your profile) and editing your posts so as to hid a mistake after someone has pointed it out.  Rather then fit 'Spammer, Flamer and Abuser' all as one title, the mods got creative and went with that quote because of how you reacted with it.  Seeing it was the impetus to you getting the title, it seemed fitting.

The mods have no agenda against you.  In fact, most are rather impartial in issues like these, Chuckles being the only one who is rather annoyed at you now.  So, my advice is relax, take a deep breath, and look at your own posting habits.  Are there things that could be improved upon, such as content or spelling?  Work on your weak points and make productive posts and the title will be removed with your status as a flamer, spammer and abuser are taken away as well.

Offline Coreyb

• Coreyb = banned
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 01:26:01 PM »
Hahahahhaha yeah thats why I cant access My beslubbering profile...and some mindless fleshy pawn of the Illuminati moderator/admin has beslubbered around with it and put stupid amphetamine parrot in it. Yeah just take a deep breath.

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 01:51:23 PM »
Hahahahhaha yeah thats why I cant access My beslubbering profile...and some mindless fleshy pawn of the Illuminati moderator/admin has beslubbered around with it and put stupid amphetamine parrot in it. Yeah just take a deep breath.

Pretty much.

If you can't access your profile, politely PM one of the mods and ask why. It's either a punishment of some sort or an accident. Either way, reacting like this without knowing the full details is foolish, and is not strengthening your position at all.

Cheers! :)

« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 01:54:11 PM by The Count »
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 01:58:50 PM »
It's no accident.

Some of the staff have been in repeated communication with him prior to this.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 02:07:04 PM »
Hmmm, well, I guess some of my post still stands. :-\
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline BladeWind

• Infinity Circuit, Iconic Wizard
  • ~BW~
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 02:16:02 PM »
Yeah just take a deep breath.
That's it. Besides you should be happy, some members would kill for a title. :P

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 02:38:31 PM »
No one has ever modified the written words contained in your posts. 

I have never witnessed a Staff member flame you- if this has occurred you should use the Report to Moderator button to bring it to our attention (I am encouraging its use in my avatar right now!).  Remember that even Private Messages may be Reported.

If you have a complaint to make, saying, "This sucks" and "beslubber you" does not encourage sympathetic ears to turn to you. 

You have not been "pounced on" by anyone- to say so is to exaggerate the standard processing of anyone that violates the rules: you break the rules, you receive a private message and link to the forum rules.

There is no rule against quoting the person above you.  Use of the quote feature pinpoints who a respondent is referring to.  Though other forums may prohibit this, 40kOnline does not.  40k Online Rules and Netiquette

Your case is uncommon but not precedented.  You used your profile to flame a Staff member, so I changed, "Chuckles The Clown Of A Thousand Screams sucks!" to "= awesome," and locked you out of your profile to prevent further antagonism. 

I have left your ... clever photoshop signature in place, however.  It should be noticed that you created a fake quote, whereas the quote in your profile is 100% original, though it is slightly out-of-context.

We welcome legitimate criticism and it has been used several times in the past to improve the site (note how many Sticky threads there are that were made by non-Staff members!).

Please, calm down and try to interact peaceably with the members of this site.  I feel that after being titled in jest, you over-reacted by flaming a Staff member, (the wrong one, at that) and flaming is not allowed.

If you dislike participating in these forums, you are welcome to leave at any time.  We will promptly refund your membership fee.  :)
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Coreyb

• Coreyb = banned
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 02:45:37 PM »
Oh god-damn He is one of them! is the clown a mod/admin? Thanks mr.nut, Your usefull for once :P

EDIT : No its still locked.

Offline Killing Time

• Infinity Circuit | I put out on the first date | Tarrin's Sullied Cunning Stunt Double
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 02:53:02 PM »
is the clown a mod/admin?

If you check a member's user group (it's right there, above his avatar) you can find out all sorts of useful information about them.
If you click on their name then you can find out even more stuff.

These are the sorts of steps it can be wise to go through before you pick a fight.
Not that I'm encouraging picking fights with the humbler members of the forum, either.

Dizzy

Offline Devern, The Unsung Hero

• I will slumber until called upon
  • Ancient
  • Look out Boys, I'm coming
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 02:57:30 PM »
Good to see things haven't changed much...

Listen to Peanut, he know's his stuff.
Quote from: Sheep
FMG is a Swiss army knife. Always a tool, but with so many functions. And he fits right in your pocket.
I cut a hole in your head, using it as a hump-hole.[/color]
We have some messed up people here..

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 03:01:10 PM »
EDIT : No its still locked.

Correct.  It will remain so until you maintain combat discipline for long enough.  :)

These are the sorts of steps it can be wise to go through before you pick a fight.
Not that I'm encouraging picking fights with the humbler members of the forum, either.

Indeed, though this would be a poor forum if there were harsher penalties for flaming Staff.  I consider it slightly more foolish, but the penalty for flaming is the same regardless of the color of stars the target has.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 04:52:28 PM »
What a great thread to read at the evening.  :)

Coreyb, if it makes you feel better then go to this thread: Story Behind Custom Titles  .

You will see that is quite a number of members with funny, strange and humorous custom titles. So take it easy and just endure it. ;)
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Coreyb

• Coreyb = banned
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 05:17:25 PM »
Havent any of You heard of privacy beslubber sake? God-damn im hating this forum community...in ways but yet loving it in other :|

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 05:24:37 PM »

You think thats bad? I once spent 2 months with my name changed to 'Smurfette' and avatar switched to the cartoon character for a mod's joke..... You might note that I too have a title thats not very completementary either, saying I'm like a diet version of one of the (arguably) least charismatic members of the forum...
You have to sort of roll with it, if you make a big deal about it it gets made into a big deal. Had you not taken it personally and got upset then you wouldn't be where you are now.

By saying things you put them into the public domain and take the risk that people will read them and maybe quote them. Attempting a campaign to claim that it wasn't the case is what got you into trouble about that, doubly so when you started insulting people.
You pointed out that you think Loraziel is cool, yet he quotes some-one with a vastly more unfair mangling of the orignal words than  happened to you. Hell, I even quote someone being cheeky about me...

40KOnline is a great forum, the mods on Warseer are infamous bastards for hitting people with rules. If you really want to keep fighting and get banned then by all means, you won't be the first and you probably won't be the last, but in the end the only person who will miss out is you. Still, my advice comes free, but at the end of the day you pick your own road... :)

Edit, fix spelling.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 05:42:58 PM by Hymirl »
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 05:27:49 PM »
Havent any of You heard of privacy beslubber sake? God-damn im hating this forum community...in ways but yet loving it in other :|

Have you heard of respect?

Chuckles and I quoted a post that was real, albeit a bit out of context. You then removed the post and fabricated a quote, as some sort of childish attempt at retaliation, which was a direct attack on Chuckles. You could simply have PMed him and asked him to remove the quote, like you did with me, and I'm sure he would have complied. Instead, you chose to break forum rules and get personal. Then, of course, there's editing your posts after the fact to change mistakes in an attempt to make other members look stupid after you made a mistake and they called you on it.

Frankly, I think getting titled and locked out of your profile is getting off lightly.

Edit: Ninja'd by Smurfette.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 05:32:30 PM »
You could simply have PMed him and asked him to remove the quote, like you did with me, and I'm sure he would have complied.

He did. However, while claiming the quote was "fake" and then rapidly degenerating into insults and threats.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

• Ancient
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 06:27:15 PM »
Note: no one has ever been banned for criticizing the site.  Flaming, maybe, but that would have been the final few "bad points" to earn a banning.

I don't understand what you mean.  If you are referring to the quote, that was a statement made on a public forum, not in a private message.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao

Offline Coreyb

• Coreyb = banned
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 10:14:56 PM »
No, locking and screwing around with My profile.

I didnt say its fake, I know I said that and I edited it so its changed to something that suits TWICE because people keep of changing it for their own fun! I pmed the clown yet he refuses and just flames.