News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My 3rd Public Game  (Read 4184 times)

Offline *Nosferatu*

• Why Hello There
Re: My 3rd Public Game
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 03:25:27 PM »
Even though the kid was a little whiny, I was still trying my best to be civil and constructive, what you're reading is what's going on safe in the world of anonymity for me to type/say. I would explain my actions, give advice, and why I'm moving where. Of course, it was like talking to a brick wall, and as much as I tried to advise against such actions (Charging Conscripts, charging Vets) he still did it anyways.

The only problem was not just the whining in itself, I whine on occasion, it's just no matter how hard I tried to explain and helped, it fell on deaf ears. Maybe he'll grow up, maybe not, I was probably much like that a few years ago.

Offline Arkion

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2007, 02:34:23 AM »
Awesome batrep.  Why is it that IG players tend to have so much character into their reports?  Er, that's rhetorical.  No worries.

Great read, anyway.  And your fluff was fantastic!  Leo's a great character.

Offline lemurking23

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2007, 04:44:49 AM »
Excellent battle report, top notch. My first army was IG, and I still very much feel the pull to go back to them. But 3 armies is a lot as is...

In terms of punk kids, I really do believe everyone is a jerk when they are a teenager.  I sure as hell was. I think it is just part of the normal process of learning, often by doing it the wrong way, to assert yourself in a public forum.  This does not justify or condone his behavior, since teenagers turn into adults and if they are corrected, they stay jerks.  I think you handled him very well, it can be very trying to one's patience for sure.
If I wanted to be normal I'd dedicate 10 hours a day to a cubicle.

Offline Cpt. Banjo

• Lieutenant
  • I shot this one in the spine for questioning.
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2007, 06:37:02 AM »
Even though the kid was a little whiny, I was still trying my best to be civil and constructive, what you're reading is what's going on safe in the world of anonymity for me to type/say. I would explain my actions, give advice, and why I'm moving where. Of course, it was like talking to a brick wall, and as much as I tried to advise against such actions (Charging Conscripts, charging Vets) he still did it anyways.

The only problem was not just the whining in itself, I whine on occasion, it's just no matter how hard I tried to explain and helped, it fell on deaf ears. Maybe he'll grow up, maybe not, I was probably much like that a few years ago.

Fair enough. It's been my misfortune to see some quite shocking behaviour from older players who've forgotten that they're the ones who are supposed to set the example. Perhaps I was too quick to tar you with the same brush? ::)

Agreed. I'm 14. My friend that plays 40K is 15. We're not jerks, I can guarantee it :)
There are nice teenagers out there, you've just got to find them.

I like your style :D

I mean if a person is going to be a whiny little be-atch when they're 16, odds aren't too bad that he'll be sort of a jerk when he grows up.

So shouldn't all this hate be directed at jerks as opposed to kids?

My point is that people don't always make this distinction; that does everyone, and the hobby, a disservice.
...These dregs comprise the most vicious, ill-tempered and unstable group of psychopaths and killers in the Imperial Guard.

If you go HR Giger style let the gun come out of a Vagina like slit and tubes that look like alien penises, HR Giger put always lots of those drawings

Have you no form of decency Jehan?