News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Pimp Guard v. Nurgle (a bit long)  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Rliyen

• That blows righteous Mon-Keigh chunks under Heaven
Pimp Guard v. Nurgle (a bit long)
« on: July 19, 2002, 01:26:12 PM »
Played Warhamster 40k last night (a very long game with the shop owner because of interruptions. ;D)  and we played 1850 points.  There was a change in orders:  Take and Hold Mission.

My opponent's army:

Two rhinos (with Nurgling infestation).

One Predator with Autocannon and Lascannon sponsons

Three squads of marines (one troop choice had a lot of plasma weapons 2 rifles and 1 pistol).

One squad of Nurglings (7 bases)

One Commander (aka Mr. Cuisinart)

One squad of Terminators.

HQ:  Colonel (DWV), standard bearer, Vet Sergeant, Commissar (DWV).

AT Squad (DWV) 3 Missile Launchers, FS Squad (DWV) 3 HB

Elite: Callidus Assassin, Stormtroopers (DWV)

Troops:  

Lt. Morales (DWV along with command section) and three squads: Main weapons interspersed among troops (Meltagun (x2), Plasma Rifle, Plasma Pistol, Grenade Launcher, Flamer)

Destro (DWV along with command section) and three squads: Main weapons among troops (Lascannon (x2), Flamer(x3), Plasma gun, Plasma Pistol)

Heavy Support:

Leman Russ MBT:  HLC with extra armor

Leman Russ Exterminator: HLC, TTLAC, and Sponson HB with extra armor

The objective of the mission was to take and hold a bunker in the center of the board.  My opponent put out all his troop choices and his heavy support, ringing the bunker.  I infiltrated my Stormtroopers, and DWVs into the trees on the left and the right of the bunker.  (All HQ and firepower was on the left, the Stormtroopers were behind a copse of trees on the right.)  After deploying, I used 'A Word In Your Ear' to move his Nurglings back six inches (to give my stormtroopers a bit of breathing room to do their magic).  Then, I fielded my army.

Far left: Two mortar teams, LR MBT, Morales and one squad.

Center: LR Extertminator

Far right: Destro and the rest of the squads.

IG Turn 1: Since a lot of my movement prevented me from making a lot of ranged shots, I took what I could.  Destro's units were shielded by a copse of trees from fire of the marines.  The Stormtroopers moved in just enough to fire out (12" sighting for DWV in woods/jungle.  Opponent can only see 6" in.... Ahhhhh) and not to be hit in return.  AT squad fired at one Rhino and destroyed it and a marine.  The FSS fired and killed another.

Chaos Turn 1:  My opponent decided to split his force and move under cover from my tanks.  He moved one rhino towards my ATS.  Moved one squad of marines to the right to deal with Destro's units.  Moved the Nurglings into the trees to deal with the Stormtroopers.  Moved his other squad in a position to support the Predator.

IG Turn 2:  Rolling reserves, my Callidus assassin came out!  I placed her behind the Predator and the squad supporting it.  I moved all of Destro's units closer to the bunker (so...far...away....).  I moved one of Morales units forward to support the MBT.  Then, I opened fire.  Mortars rained down (too short...&%&%*#) on the far right of the bunker and I walked the rounds onto a Nurgling base, inflicting a wound.  I then opened fire with my Stormtroopers and wiped out three bases, but unfortunately, one of the STs armed with a plasma rifle fried himself.  Exterminator tried to hit the side armor of a hull down rhino, but could not do anything except shake the occupants.  The LR fired its Battle cannon at the nurglings and as luck would have it, the shot deviated four inches to the left, right onto a squad of marines on the other side of the bunker!  Killed two. ATS fired on incoming rhino and failed to penetrate.  FSS twiddled their little thumbs with no targets.  Callidus fired her Neural Shredder at the Predator and glanced it, immobilizing it (yes!) and and then she charged the marines supporting it.  No wounds were inflicted on either side.

Chaos Turn 2:  Neither one of his reserves came in.  Marines deployed from the rhino near the ATS and tank shocked the squad supporting the MBT.  They passed their check and now the Rhino was surrounded by the squad armed with a melta and a plasma pistol!  His marines previously hit by the Ordinance blast moved to trees where the stormtroopers lay.  

The marines dropped off opened fire on the ATS and killed two men.  Supported by the Colonel's leadership, they passed their morale check.  In the assault phase, the Callidus jumped back 6 inches.  Now she was free to Shred and assault again!

IG Turn 3:  Destro's units moved again towards the bunker.  The HQ moved a bit a away from the trees in order to make a run to the FSS's area of trees in case the ATS was charged.

Shooting.  The ATS squad opened fire on the near squad with Krak missiles, and killed two.  FSS squad fired and killed nada.  Tank shocked unit fired and only managed to shake the occupants (The sergeant fried himself with double 1s on his Plasma Pistol).  Exterminator opened fire on the Nurglings and killed two bases, causing them to flee the field.  The Stormtroopers fired and killed two marines that were too close to the treeline.  Destro's units opened fire on the same unit, killing another one.  Mortars fired on the close Marine unit threatening the ATS, wounding none.  Callidus fired her shredder again, hitting the vehicle and a marine, blowing off the Autocannon and killing the marine. However, I forgot to move her in the assault phase and left her hanging in the breeze!

Chaos Turn 3:  Both his reserves came on the field.  Oh, crap!  His Chaos Lord landed near the trees where the Stormtroopers lay and his Terminators landed on a large hill BEHIND the Stormtroopers!  

Shooting: Terminators Fired on and killed a Stormtrooper.  Three remaining marines fired their Plasma payload at the Callidus and she became a stain and a memory.  Marines fired on ATS and killed none.  Marines fired on Destro's units and killed two.  Chaos Lord summoned demons and lost one when the summoning deviated RIGHT into the treeline near the Stormtroopers.  The Demons assaulted the Stormtroopers and killed the Sergeant.  They held.

IG Turn 4:  Wanting to seal victory, I moved the Exterminator alongside the bunker and supported Destro and his men.  Destro and crew moved towards the bunker again, trying to get out of line of sight of the Terminators.  Moved Morales through the trees closer to the unit threatening the ATS and moved the Rhino assaulted unit to the rear part of it.

Shooting:  Mortars fired and killed one marine. ATS fired and killed two.  FSS fired and killed bupkus.  Rhino got blowed up by rear meltagun hit, one man died in blast.  Destro's unit fired and killed two more marines. Fired BC at Chaos Lord.  Lord laughs.

Assault:  My men that destroyed the rhino assaulted the marine unit threatening the ATS to tie them up.   Lost two guardsmen and they lost none in return. The Plaguebearers killed one Stormtrooper and they killed one demon in return.  They held.

Chaos turn 4: Lord moves toward the meat puppets that are the IG and moves his Terminators.  Plasma toting marines make a trip towards the lovely SIDE armor of my Exterminator.

Shooting:  Marines fire at the Exterminator, blowing off turret.  Marines shoot at Destro's units, killing three.  Terminators shoot Destro and his command section, killing all of them.

Assault:  Plaguebearers kill Stormtrooper.  They hold. Marines wipe out annoying unit that assaulted them and consolidates three inches toward the FSS

Game continues

IG Turn 5:  Exterminator turns is front armor to damn plasma marines.  MBT moves to support Exterminator.

Shooting: Mortars rain down and kill none.  ATS kill two marines.  FSS kills one.  Morales squad fires and kills one.  Units formerly led by destro open fire and kill all but one marine near them. Exterminator fires HB at Lord.  Lord sniggers.

Assault: Stormtroopers hold off Plaguebearers for the phase.

Chaos Turn 5: Chaos Lord moves toward nearest squad.  Terminators move off hill and start tightening the noose on the IG.

Shooting:  Lone Marine fires and kills one Guardsman. Terminators fire and kill three Guardsmen.

Assault: Marines assault Morales' command section killing all but one.  Plague bearers still held up by Stormtroopers who just won't die.  Mr. Cuisinart rushes in and kills three men.

Game continues

IG Turn 6:  Move some of Destro's units closer to bunker.  

Shooting:  ATS at Plasma posse, wiped them out. LC from MBT at Terminator, killing one.  Kill lone marine.  Another unit fires Plasma rifles at Terminators and kill another one.

Assault:  Mr. Cuisinart giggles and wipes out all but the Vet Sergeant, who runs like a ninny.  All but one of the Stormtroopers are killed by the Plaguebearers and he, too, runs like a ninny. Plague bearers move through to tree line.  Mr. Cuisinart moves toward another unit.

Chaos Turn 6:

Terminators move to Guardsmen.  Plaguebearers move out of the trees.  Mr. Cuisinart moves toward another unit.

Shooting:  Terminators fire and kill a lone Guardsman.

Assault:  The Plaguebearers tie up another unit and wipe it out to the Vet Sergeant.

Game ends.  

I had five units closer to the Bunker.  Imperial Guard wins!

Observations:  The Stormtroopers, once again, proved themselves.  They drew fire and targeting priority and tied up the Plaguebearers for a good while.  They get the Posthumous MVP award.  

I am taking out the mortars.  They failed me, yet again.  Put the points into another FSS Autocannon.

Stripping down the HQ with the Vet Sergeant.  Wasn't necessary and the HQ was mainly a support feature anyway, as it should be.

My opponent just had some bad luck.  His Terminators landed in the most crappiest area possible.  Good firing position, but other than that, zippo.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2002, 10:05:34 AM by Rliyen »
Space Marines Are For Pansies.

Real Men play Eldar