News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dune Part 2  (Read 50 times)

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
Dune Part 2
« on: March 25, 2024, 09:56:43 PM »
Villeneuve's Dune absolutely floored me when I saw it, so I was very excited to see this second part. I had a great time. The ending is particularly powerful and arguably gets the point across better than the novel (even if the movie might fall short in other aspects, but that's to be expected.)

Amazing soundtrack and sound effects. Great visuals. Great performances all around, even if I wonder what the hell Christopher Walken brought to the table, because I'm not seeing it but oh well. Also Irulan's outfits are hilariously dumb, but that's about it for criticisms, lol.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Re: Dune Part 2
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 07:18:00 PM »
Its great, really liked the first one too. I know ot was a long film but it still felt a bit rushed towards the end.

I agree Christopher Walken seems an odd casting hes very recognisable in appearance and voice and he jars a bit when everyone else is being more spacey idk.

A lot of Dune in the books inspired a lot of 40K and they've downplayed that somewhat to be its own thing which I think worked well. Even if I am a bit sad not to see navigators hissing about how the spice must flow...  ;D
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
Re: Dune Part 2
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 07:40:02 PM »
I would have liked to see the navigators properly too, but oh well.

40k cribbed an absolute stableload from Dune, but then again, Star Wars also borrowed significantly from Dune so what can you do, lol.