Note That Posting In The Space Tavern Does Not Increase Your Post Count.
(If it did I would be well past a Hero member
...)- The reason for this is that the majority of the posts made here are not constructive enough to warrant them increasing your 'status' on a forum.The Golden Rule Of The Space Tavern: NO Spam. The definition of Spam in the Space Tavern: a completely useless post thast serves no purpose (often crosses over with Off Topic posts as well).
*I will also make it clear that I personally despise, hate, loathe, wish harm to and all sorts of other nasty things to spammers, that's mainly because people don't seem to realsie that even the tavern has it's limits.
The Space Tavern is mainly a jokey place, however this doesn't mean it's soley jokey, there are and have been serious discussion here, however most of those are more suited to The Discussion Board
1. All normal rules apply, no flaming, spamming etc. etc. just because this is a jokey Board doesn't make these things ok. You can find all of these are their definitions in the 40k Online Rules and Netiquette
and Netiquette made easy - ALL new posters READ!
2. You can post jokes here
3. Clubs are not allowed unless you get permission first, the reason for this is that most clubs just generate spam, and, contrary to popular opinion, even the Tavern has it's limits on what's called spam
4. Linking to funny articles/videos is allowed however make sure it doesn't violate the Forum Rules. If you're unsure about the link then you should PM a member of staff.
A basic rule of thumb is that advertising is doing things for your own gain, like 'join my forums', 'click here to help me' etc., pointing people to a websites devoted to a band or a funny video is absolutely fine, just make sure to warn people about languages, swearing etc. and it should be fine.
5. No leet/l33t/1337/1ee7/etc. etc. speak. The occasional use is ok (but frowned upon by the vast majority of members) but if your post is all leet then it will be deleted or edited. This is because it is pretty much another language and many people who frequent the boards have trouble with it.
6. Kings of chaos:
Any posts attempting to get people to 'click this link to help me get more soldiers' will be deleted and reported to the people of kings of chaos as it's against their rules to post such things on forums.
7. The Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike, is to never appear on these boards. EVER. Under pain of modly wrath. Added after the fact. -Devern
8. The Three Purple Men "joke" (if you can call it that), or any variant thereof, shall never appear on these boards either, lest you suffer even more Modly wrath than you would if you posted The Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike "joke". Added - Eller
If you have any questions about what is allowed in the Tavern then please enquire here or ask me via PM.
This will be updated if/when necessary. If/when I do update it I will post to alert people, it's up to you to check here if there's been a new post, remember you can't hide behind ignorance for long
[Legal mumbo jumbo]We at 40konline accept no responsibility for any mental scarring and/or traumatising experiences caused as a direct result of any of the posts and their links, as such reading posts and clicking links it is entirely of your own free will and can not in any way be blamed on us[/Legal mumbo jumbo]