News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500pt Tourney Army #1  (Read 3165 times)

Offline Khal Ynnoth

• Death before Dis-honour
  • Armies: Eldar - Saim Hann, Space Marines - Storm Crows
1500pt Tourney Army #1
« on: January 26, 2002, 08:29:24 AM »
HQ
Farseer - Singing Spear and Fortune 78
Warlock - Conceal, Shuriken Pistol and CC weapon 33 (attached to Guardian Defender Squad)

Elites
Howling Banshee Squad - 4 Banshees, 1 Exarch with Executioner, War Shout and Acrobat 129

Fire Dragon Squad - 4 Dragons, 1 Exarch with Firepike and Tankhunter 129

Striking Scorpion Squad - 9 Scorpions, 1 Exarch with Scorpion Claw, Stealth and Mighty Blow 217

Waveserpent (transport for either Scorps or Banshees and Dragons) with tl Brightlances 125

Troops
Guardian Defender Squad - 8 Guardians (1 Warlock see above) and Starcannon Support Weapon (crew armed with Shuricat) 114

Ranger Squad - 6 Rangers 114

Fast Attack
Vyper with Starcannon and Crystal Targetting Matrix 95

Vyper with Brightlance and CTM 95

Heavy Support
Dark Reaper Squad - 4 Reapers, 1 Exarch with Eldar Missile Launcher, Crack Shot and Fast Shot 243

Wraithlord with Starcannon, Shuricat and Flamer 120

I think that's 1492
Remember this army has to take allcomers.

"I Khal Ynnoth of the Dyanni Muathi hereby make a blood oath by my Kin, by my Clan and by my Craftworld to defend and uphold the honour of our brothers of Saim Hann and their allies.
Their cause is ours, this blood seals our fates forever!"
 - Khal Ynnoth of the Dyanni Muathi

Offline Zeddicus

• Blah Blah Blah
Re:1500pt Tourney Army #1
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2002, 01:46:56 PM »
You cant put both the dragons and the banshees in a wave serpent.  It can hold up to 10 models, but they all must be in the same squad.  You might want to put the scorps in it anyways, since banshees get fleet of foot and they dont.  I might take out either the Wraithlord or the Vypers and add in a Falcon to carry the fire dragons, and try bringing the banshee squad up to 10...5 of them won't be that effective.
"But why did I have the bowl, Bart?  Why did I have the bowl...?"

Offline Khal Ynnoth

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2002, 02:26:07 PM »
I can't find anything in the BBB that says that you cannot do this and froma Fluff stand point I don't see why you can't do this. If anyone disagrees or knows of someplace in the BBB where is says that I can't, could you please post here.

"I Khal Ynnoth of the Dyanni Muathi hereby make a blood oath by my Kin, by my Clan and by my Craftworld to defend and uphold the honour of our brothers of Saim Hann and their allies.

Offline nickthewise

• The Dice Abide
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2002, 09:11:56 PM »
You should definantly raise the size of the banshees or fire dragons to 10.  5 Banshees is pretty worthless, they die way to easy.  And Zeddicus is right, you can't have 2 squad in the same transport, they must be given their own transport.  As long as you keep the Scorpions behind the squad of guardians, they should be able to sruvive to close combat, and even if the guardians get killed off, with a 3+ save, they can hold their own against enemy fire.  I think you should change the brightlance on the vyper to a starcannon, that way you will hit more often, and maybe even drop the CTMs for both of those, Vypers arent so valuable that they need to be given a 30 point vehicle upgrade...

Offline Khal Ynnoth

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2002, 07:48:09 AM »
The Guardians were going to be cover for the Reapers, so using them as a shield for the scorps isn't really what I wanted to do with them.
If I drop the Brightlance Vyper and the Dragons, then I'm left with very little Tankbusting capabability for a Tourney.
The Dragons and Banshees are meant to support each other, so that the Dragons Fire into which ever combat the Banshee's are going into, and the Banshees protect the Dragons from countercharges or tie up nearby units so that the dragons can do their stuff to Vehicles.
The Scorps can either be used as a deterrent against assaulting my Firebase or hopefully deploy forward with the Rangers to give them support and prepare a Flank for the other assault units.
The Vypers would probably go up the other flank unsupported to keep the rest of the enemy either off balance, or if ignored do some serious damage.

However you have made some reasonable points and I think this is the weaker of my two posted Tourney Army's. It's a bit too all-rounder, the other one is far more initiative taking.

Offline Irastill'Nanar

• We strike at night! Irastill`Nanar
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2002, 08:31:35 PM »
1 Exarch with Scorpion Claw, Stealth and Mighty Blow

me thinks this guy plays Blood Bowl a lot!

its crushing blow not Mighty Blow
"Never stop asking questions, my dear apprentice.  For at one time our race stopped asking questions and it brought about our fall...keep your mind open and clear"
-Farseer Marauth

"War is my master; Death is my mistress"
-Phoenix Lord Maugan Ra

"When the sun sets behind the ridge, and the stars show themselves to those that dwell on the planet's surface, we shall obliterate them."
-Farseer Faranir

"Money = Life, No money = Death...Fact of life!&a

Offline Khal Ynnoth

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2002, 09:41:02 AM »
* Khal Ynnoth looks innocent  ;)

*Ahem* Blood Bowl? me?
Wood Elves? *cough*never *cough cough*
I even make the mistake when writing up Army lists for tourneys. :D