News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Admit it, we had you going for a bit!  (Read 7466 times)

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: Grand Master Lomandalis stripped of his title.
« Reply #20 on: April 1, 2012, 07:23:27 PM »
I just think it's curious how many people have periods at the end of their names today.

I'm also stunned by the overwhelming support GML has received, and how many people have callled for his reinstatement. It's doubly shocking how many people have acted surprised by the announcement.

I for one shall stand silent no longer.

GML must be reinstated as a Global Mod! His past bad behaviour is sure to be forgiven by all! I'm sure he's learned his lesson. It's not like he'd pull some weird stunt that would backfire. No! He wouldn't start some thread, posing as someone else to try to gather up all the Hater's in one place, only to make them feel like fools at the end of the day! That would be the work of a real headcase, and I'm sure that's not what's going on.

So take up the cry against tyranny! Don't let this obvious miscarriage of justice go any further!

Long Live the King! Long live Grand Master Lomandalis!
« Last Edit: April 1, 2012, 07:24:59 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Grand Master Lomandalis stripped of his title.
« Reply #21 on: April 1, 2012, 08:06:02 PM »
[gmod]Spam has been purged from this thread[/gmod]
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Grand Master Lomandalis stripped of his title!
« Reply #22 on: April 1, 2012, 09:29:21 PM »
... this isn't a hoax...

Pre-post edit: It's 1 April, guys...

It's April 1st.

8) ;D 8)

I think it is safe to say that after 14 hours, the majority of you have realized what this truly is, but I don't think you have grasped the full scale of what was going on. 

The idea was first brought up buy our beloved "penguins" who, as you all know, like to do quirky things to see if the general populace of the website catch on.  The question was brought forward "What are we going to do for April Fools?"  I was the first to answer, suggesting a user name and avatar swap.  There wasn't that big of a response from the penguins, only 8 volunteers willing to bring a little anarchy to our wonderful little haven of geekdom.

As it was my idea, I got the joy of spending an hour switching names and avatars around and making sure it all worked for the most part, hopefully managing it before I went to work.

Unfortunately, as I was getting ready for work I had a sudden realization.  I realized that I had given my name to SeriousCallersOnly, who isn't a member of the staff.  People would be able to see right through our little gag.  So in a rash decision that cut my time to get my stuff together to get out the door literally in half, I made the first version of the post that started this wonderful thread.

I tried to get in touch with Rasmus and Raine to see if they could lend some validity to this post to add a little bit of credibility... hell, even Rummy would have been appreciated.

In addition to this, the penguins who switched identities with each other tended to go into their name sakes usual haunts and try and mess things up (I think).

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed our little attempt at anarchy.  I know I did.  I also know that the last laugh is mine, as I have quite forgotten who got what name and spent the majority of the day trying to figure who was who even though I was the one who made the damn changes! 

Last laugh... right...

The penguins that changed names, yeah, beslubber you guys you are on your own to get that amphetamine parrot worked out.  Well, except SeriousCallersOnly. .. I want my name back damnit!

I just think it's curious how many people have periods at the end of their names today.
This happened because there are two names a profile has.  The User name, which never changes, is the name associated with the account and is what you use to login, and the display name, which is the name that can be changed on a whim to please the account holder.

You can never use a display name that is a current display name or user name, so I had to change it up some how and adding a . was a lot less noticable than anything else I could have done.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2012, 05:18:14 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Benis

• 77 Shades Of Decay | Lazerous Penguin | Death to the Emperor with a Pulse!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Getkilling
Re: Grand Master Lomandalis stripped of his title!
« Reply #23 on: April 1, 2012, 09:38:31 PM »
The penguins that changed names, yeah, beslubber you guys you are on your own to get that amphetamine parrot worked out.  Well, except SeriousCallersOnly. .. I want my name back damnit!

Hold it hostage SCO until GML does the work for us!

Offline Nomsheep, the Modhunter.

• Sanity is for the weak,
  • Armies: Dark eldar and sons of malice.
Re: Admit it, we had you going for a bit!
« Reply #24 on: April 1, 2012, 09:48:16 PM »
I had a feeling....

nom
Someday someone will say something about me witty or memorable enough to put here til then enjoy this;
Rule 66: the cake is a lie

Working tirelessly to revive BattleFleet Fury

WE need YOU

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #25 on: April 1, 2012, 09:56:10 PM »
Ah, well.  It was a nice run at Globalhood.  I, personally took the hat of Benis and had some fun messing about in the Background board.  I also spurred us lazy penguins to come up with a prank by remembering what today was going to be.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline Mon'Tau

• Corporal Max McPherson - dual shotguns and glory | Meat Hater Magnet
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Hello Ground. Will you be my friend?
« Reply #26 on: April 2, 2012, 03:18:57 AM »
I had IainC. I was going to delve into the DE boards asking about background, but I thought I would stick to something that resulted in me surviving the day.
The Diplomacy League - give it a look.

Well played. Drybrushing is the future *twitch*
beslubber you sheepz!  :P

You know you play too much Diplomacy when you have more PM's than forum posts.