News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Admit it, we had you going for a bit!  (Read 7467 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Admit it, we had you going for a bit!
« on: April 1, 2012, 07:59:47 AM »
It is with great sadness that I have been directed to inform you that due to his latest series of tyrannical actions as a Global Moderator on this forum, the senior members of the staff have voted unanimously to formally strip Grand Master Lomandalis of his title of "Global moderator" and remove him as a staff member from this web site.

As the staff were not able to make a decision on who should replace him, Purple Raine, the owner of this website, made the decision that I was to fill in the position until a proper replacement could be found.  Rest assured, I have extensive experience as a moderator on other forums throughout the internet and I will do my best to ensure that the job is done properly to uphold the high standards that you have all come to know and love with this community.

We do regret that this decision came at this time of year, as there are countless practical jokes being played on many unsuspecting people.  But we felt that this had to be dealt with immediately.  You can view GML's profile here if you doubt that we are serious about dealing with his numerous offences.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2012, 09:33:38 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline IainC

• Mad prophet of the Whalepocalypse
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Not Safe For Work
    • Antipwn
  • Armies: Grey Knights
Re: Grand Master Lomandalis stripped of his title!
« Reply #1 on: April 1, 2012, 08:04:00 AM »
Finally his reign of terror comes to an end. I for one welcome our new and enlightened overlords.
World's first ever Dark Eldar player... Don't be hatin' now.

My wargaming and painting blog

My games industry blog

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #2 on: April 1, 2012, 09:39:35 AM »
He deserved it, after what he done to that dog.  :(

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: April 1, 2012, 10:32:58 AM »
Wow.  I didn't see that one coming, I'd always thought GML was doing a fine job.  But, there's nothing you can do to sway Raine's decisions (even if they were clearly made while very drunk... and high).

But really, azore24?  That guy is who get's the job?  He's a useless outrageously sexy lycra-clad pixie and anyone would have been a better choice than him.  I don't think he's spent a day outside of the RP board since 2009, and now he's a global?  Something smells fishy to me.  Were there... favours involved?
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #4 on: April 1, 2012, 11:19:40 AM »
What an oddly inappropriate way to put this information out. Almost foolish, in a fashion.

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 1, 2012, 11:23:12 AM »
The way it was described to me is that they wanted to show the community that no one is above the rules, even a senior member of the staff.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #6 on: April 1, 2012, 11:57:05 AM »
Forgive my skepticism. I'm not exactly a member of the GML fanclub, but in the event that this isn't a hoax, it seems to be a rather inappropriate way to deal with this.

Making a public spectacle is fighting fire with fire. Inappropriate use of power against someone that is not in a position to defend themself is just a "New Boss, same as the old Boss," situation.

Again, if this isn't a hoax, I'd encourage a less.. harsh?... method of sharing the news. At least get rid of the exclaimation point in the title. *shrug*
« Last Edit: April 1, 2012, 11:58:21 AM by GreatBigTree »

• Global Moderator
Re: Grand Master Lomandalis stripped of his title.
« Reply #7 on: April 1, 2012, 12:03:37 PM »
He is in a position to defend himself.  All that happened is his authority was removed and he is now just a member of the community like everyone else.  I have seen him online... so i am sure he will make a post here when he is ready to.
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Pershore

• You are in error, no-one is screaming
« Reply #8 on: April 1, 2012, 12:05:24 PM »
Before I clicked on this thread I was expecting it to announce that his user name was going to be changed to "Lomandalis"  ;)

Pre-post edit: It's 1 April, guys...

Offline Lonewolf

• Cthulhu cultist, The Final Solution | Swarmlord | Staff Soap Spotter
  • Ancient
  • Murdering armies since 2003 - retired since 2012
« Reply #9 on: April 1, 2012, 12:26:39 PM »
First, id like to thank GML for his hard work as a mod and later global. I am sad to see him go, but he did overreact at times. Still i think the break will allow him to relax a bit. People often underestimate how much time a global invests to allow the forum to run smothly.

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #10 on: April 1, 2012, 12:34:40 PM »
I'd like to take this opportunity to inform GML that he is not safe from my wrath, no matter how far he runs or where he chooses to hide. Vengeance will be mine.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 1, 2012, 12:46:18 PM »
Pre-post edit: It's 1 April, guys...

I understand it is hard to believe, this is the exact reason I was instructed to add this to the initial post.
We do regret that this decision came at this time of year, as there are countless practical jokes being played on many unsuspecting people.  But we felt that this had to be dealt with immediately.  You can view GML's profile here if you doubt that we are serious about dealing with his numerous offences.
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Calus Drakin

• Armies: Night Lords, Eldar
« Reply #12 on: April 1, 2012, 01:56:55 PM »
A link to the offenses would work better then simply linking to his profile. As his post summary from there shows that he's only posted 6 - 7 times in the past month. So that does little to explain to the community the exact reasons this was done. Unless it's because he hasn't been around as much as a global moderator is expected to be.

Otherwise I have to agree. It's April 1st.

It is a relief though that nothing on the scale of the Great 40k Online takeover has been done in recent memory, though that was a beautifully executed hoax.
Considering my chosen armies are Vampire Counts and Night Lords, yes, I think "Back from the dead" is probably the most accurate description of my return.

Vampire Counts
     1 / 1 / 1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 1, 2012, 03:18:12 PM »
So then you would have us parade what he has done before everyone?  Not only is it bad enough that he lost his position and everyone knows about it but you want to add insult to injury.  Fantastic idea.  All you need to know about the offences, many of which took place in pm's, is that he did break the rules and is now being punished.

Also you have to realize that as a member of the staff he did have access to hidden boards which would not reflect in his post count nor would people without that access be able to see those posts if they accessed his posting history.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2012, 03:20:55 PM by azore24. »
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline SeriousCallersOnly

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • This is not a Space Marine
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Tyranids
« Reply #14 on: April 1, 2012, 03:54:03 PM »
Well, I think its a very poor show that I find out about staff changes this way. I can't believe that Azore can be in a position to do something like this without collusion from the staff. Without confirmation from Raine or Rasmus I'm not going to take this lying down, after everything I've done for the community.

And posting only 6-7 times in the last month? What have they done with the thousands of other posts I've made? I'm I gradually being deleted from the whole site?

If I'm really this unappreciated, I'll take my custom elsewhere. Perhaps Warseer or Dakka will treat me better.

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
« Reply #15 on: April 1, 2012, 05:47:52 PM »
Anyone else smell a Queeg 500?

Offline Nomsheep, the Modhunter.

• Sanity is for the weak,
  • Armies: Dark eldar and sons of malice.
« Reply #16 on: April 1, 2012, 05:55:10 PM »
Anyone else smell a Queeg 500?

Getting a little serious for that now but hopefully lol.

This seems like an internet version of of a public flogging.

Nom
Someday someone will say something about me witty or memorable enough to put here til then enjoy this;
Rule 66: the cake is a lie

Working tirelessly to revive BattleFleet Fury

WE need YOU

Offline Calus Drakin

• Armies: Night Lords, Eldar
« Reply #17 on: April 1, 2012, 06:21:45 PM »
You can view GML's profile here if you doubt that we are serious about dealing with his numerous offences.

So then you would have us parade what he has done before everyone?  Not only is it bad enough that he lost his position and everyone knows about it but you want to add insult to injury.  Fantastic idea.  All you need to know about the offences, many of which took place in pm's, is that he did break the rules and is now being punished.

Also you have to realize that as a member of the staff he did have access to hidden boards which would not reflect in his post count nor would people without that access be able to see those posts if they accessed his posting history.

If this is over private matters such as that, then why start this thread to announce it all publicly ? As well, why link to his profile where anyone can see ( or not see, as the case may be. ) pretty much every post he's ever made on the public boards ? And last but not least, anyone who's been on the forum for a while is well aware of how professionally Raine and Rasmus and the other mods tend to handle this place (Typical gamer humor aside), so allowing a mod's replacement to handle informing the individual of the change through such as this thread, is pretty much out of the question.
Considering my chosen armies are Vampire Counts and Night Lords, yes, I think "Back from the dead" is probably the most accurate description of my return.

Vampire Counts
     1 / 1 / 1

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #18 on: April 1, 2012, 06:29:05 PM »
If I'm really this unappreciated, I'll take my custom elsewhere. Perhaps Warseer or Dakka will treat me better.

As much as I'm on your side through what we can see of this, are you really publicly pulling the 'quitting 4-evah!!!' card?  That's just immature, and we all know that it isn't true.  You'll be back here in 3 hours, tops to see what we've said in reaction to this.  In summary: suck it up and stop being a baby.
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 1, 2012, 07:17:09 PM »
If this is over private matters such as that, then why start this thread to announce it all publicly ? As well, why link to his profile where anyone can see ( or not see, as the case may be. ) pretty much every post he's ever made on the public boards ? And last but not least, anyone who's been on the forum for a while is well aware of how professionally Raine and Rasmus and the other mods tend to handle this place (Typical gamer humor aside), so allowing a mod's replacement to handle informing the individual of the change through such as this thread, is pretty much out of the question.

This website has only ever had three Global Moderators at one time.  The administrators are quite keen on keeping that number to three.  In the past, any time a member of the community was inducted into the ranks of the staff there is a post made in the boards they will be moderating.  Any time a member of the staff is elevated to Global Moderator, there has been a notification posted in this board.  Any time a member of the staff has retired, a post has been made in this board.

Never in the past has there been a time when a member of the staff has effectively been "fired".  So both GML's leaving the moderating team and my being inducted would have been posted under other circumstances.  Also, it was felt  as a necessity that the community be aware of the general premise behind GML no longer being a moderator.

I also never said that it was solely based on private events.  There have been many times in the past where he has caused conflict with members in public.  I said that the majority of the issues arose in private messages.

Like I said previously, this is something that has never happened in the history of this website.  This is how we decided to handle it. 
I knew I had fans!!!