News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2,000 Megaforce/"Android" list  (Read 2144 times)

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
2,000 Megaforce/"Android" list
« on: November 22, 2012, 05:02:49 PM »
Inspired by the beautiful canoptek units and the megaforce I have joined the Necron ranks, but am not a fan of the new fluff, much preferring the unspeaking, un-negotiable robot legions. To that regard I am a huge fan of the new Wraiths, Spyders, and the Deathmark heads, which will mostly be cosmetics when it comes to building the army.

So having obtained the megaforce, along with a second Spyder (which I am thinking of converting to a Destroyer Lord for the theme), and a unit of Lychguard, that will definitely make the core of my army, and I am open to both wargear and unit choices, though I will be adding a full unit of Wraiths. Any thoughts and criticism is greatly appreciated!

HQ:

Overlord - Warscythe, Mindshackle Scarabs, Ressurection Orb, Catacomb Command Barge    225

Troop:

20 Warriors     260
20 Warriors     260

Elites:

5 Lychguards - Hyperphase Swords/Dispersion Shields  225
5 Deathmarks    95
Triarch Stalker - TL Heavy Gauss Cannon    165

Fast Attack:

6 Tomb Blades  - Nebuloscopes, Shield Vanes    210
6 Canoptek Scarabs    90
6 Canoptek Wraiths - 1 Whip Coil  220

Heavy Support:

Doomsday Ark     175
Canoptek Spyder - TL Particle Beamer   75
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!

Offline Galef

Re: 2,000 Megaforce/"Android" list
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 11:16:13 PM »
Not bad for using what you have, but I do have a couple suggestions.

First, 2 Troop units is never enough.  Maybe at 500pts, but never at 2000.  I highly recommend spliting up you Warriors.  You don't really need more than the 40 you have, but I wouls split them into at least 4 units (4 of 10, 20/7/7/6, 12/12/8/8, whatever you like.

Secondly, only 1 Spyder?  In my book its 3 or none.  But seeing as you own a second Spyder, I would run both and that should be enough.

Also, If you haven't assemled your Lychgaurd yet, I would do some Google searches on Cryptek conversions.  Crypteks/Lords can be made from the Lychgaurd set and can make your Warrior squads better.
Glenn's GW model Blog: Glenn's GW Models

Current Armies:
Aeldari: Glenn's GW Minis: Eldar and Dark Eldar

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 12:40:58 PM »
I never thought of that for the Lychguard to Crypteks, and though I have them assembled I have no issue rebuilding them for a Crytpek-Court. In building my army I also didn't realize the amount of tesla the Annihilation Barge had, so I'm really tempted to build it as that instead of the Catacomb Barge. The Lord and three Crypteks would go with the Warrior Squads, while the last Cryptek (I'm thinking the Lightning Field) would join the Deathmarks.

HQ:

Overlord
   Warscythe
   Ressurection Orb   130

Royal Court
   Cryptek
      Despair - Veil of Darkness    60
   Cryptek
      Storm - Lightning Field  35
   Cryptek
      Eternity - Chronometron    40
   Cryptek
      Destruction - Gaze of Flame 45

Troop:

10 Warriors  130
10 Warriors  130
10 Warriors  130
10 Warriors  130

Elites:

5 Deathmarks    95

Triarch Stalker
   TL Heavy Gauss Cannon    165

Fast Attacks:

6 Tomb Blades
   Nebuloscopes
   Shield Vanes   210

6 Canoptek Scarabs   90            

6 Canoptek Wraiths   210               

Heavy Support:

Doomsday Ark     175

2 Canoptek Spyder
   TL Particle Beamer
   Fabricator Claw Array    135

Annihilation Barge         
   Tesla Cannon          90
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!

Offline Galef

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 08:22:13 PM »
I like that much better than the first list.

You should know that you can have more than 1 of any type of Cryptek, just only 1 of their special wargear.

For example, you can have 4 Stormteks, but only 1 Lightning field.  Having them different as you do now is fine, but make sure they all have a purpose.

I recommend redundance.  You could have 5 Crypteks if you drop some of their special stuff that you won't need.  Having 2 Destruction Crypteks in 2 Warrior units in the back field popping shots at transports early game is nice.  These units hold your home objective(s).

The Despair tek with Veil is great for the Deathmarks.  He beneifits from their special rule that lets you wound a specific unit on 2+.

The other 2 Teks could be Stormteks in your advancing Warrior units.  They add more shots and will kill any vehicle foolish enough to get within 18" of them (as you will then more and then be in rapid-fire range)

So to recap, 5 Crypteks as above would look like this:

Royal Court
   Cryptek
      Despair - Veil of Darkness    60
  2 Crypteks
      Storm - 50
  2 Cryptek
      Destruction - 70

That's the same points as your original Court, but is more efficient/affects more units.  I don't recommend a Chronotek unless you have Stormlord (to re-roll his Night fight) or an Overlord with a Tachyon arrow.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 08:41:17 PM by Galef »
Glenn's GW model Blog: Glenn's GW Models

Current Armies:
Aeldari: Glenn's GW Minis: Eldar and Dark Eldar