News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Story Behind Custom Titles  (Read 32950 times)

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
Re: Story Behind Custom Titles
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2008, 12:29:50 AM »
Yeah, some people can't take the pressure. So sad. Me on the other hand, am happy. I like contrasts.

Starky

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline Devern, The Unsung Hero

• I will slumber until called upon
  • Ancient
  • Look out Boys, I'm coming
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2008, 08:32:12 AM »
WHO DARES MENTION THE NAME OF RIHADOL?!?!

Seriously, that guy was a douche.
How I got mine?  Well, as a global I can put whatever I want in, so the current one is me coming out of 'retirement.(some would say this just means I'll do nothing productive but look active)'
Originally it was The Forgotten One, because back in the day when a lot of the older more prominent members of the community were given a bunch of titles, I got left out even though I was active at the time.  So someone noticed and low and behold, there we go.

I've had others in the past.  Most focused around wanting to destroy Goyder.
Quote from: Sheep
FMG is a Swiss army knife. Always a tool, but with so many functions. And he fits right in your pocket.
I cut a hole in your head, using it as a hump-hole.[/color]
We have some messed up people here..

Offline Lord Commissar Spiteful

• Commissar
  • Ancient
  • Only Survivor of the Spiteful Incident
  • Armies: Guard
« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2008, 02:10:42 PM »
Wow, that was a lot of stuff to read. Say what you will about the "yellow menace", at least it's not bloody red. Although, sadly that means I actually read what he says instead of skipping all the red text.

I am nice! Compared to the other Veterans, I'm the walking embodiment of sunshine and buttercups! I mean, sure I have Spite, but they have outright misanthropy and psychosis.
Hey, I'm in there also. And I'm pretty nice. well, sorta, maybe. Or was that you referencing me being the rosebud that makes it all worthwhile? :P

Anyways, as it seems be-atching is the surest way to get your custom title changed to something else (even if it is worse, who really cares), here's my story/rant:;)
I insulted the King of Tanks (his most magnificent goyder) by suggesting that his tactica on Armoured Companies could incorporate a bit on doctrines. Or something to that extent. He, in his divine right, struck me down with this mark of shame.

Wish there was more to it than that really. :D
Oh, Jimmy, you're the last commissar it seems. The rest of us were changed to ranks such as Captain and Lieut when it was disbanded. How'd you manage to slip the cull?

Finally, don't tell Goyder I said stuff about him. He lives 10 minutes away and is five times my size.

Spite

Ordo Sepulturum
Hunt for the Terminus Est

Offline Gwaihir

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2008, 03:11:40 PM »
One of the nicknames of my likeness is the "Ace of Knaves", which I thought was a bit lame for a killer clown, so I had it changed to the one I'm sporting now.

Apparently you explanation is already outdated.  The new one?

in before locked

What is this, warseer?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:48:59 PM by Gwaihir »

Read the story behind custom titles and tell us about yours.

"You cannot win tommorow, for you do not know why we fight today."  --Farseer Fa'alorath, Craftworld Fa'alnor-The Fate Weavers.

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2008, 05:00:28 PM »
My current title is a quote from something I said in the DOES NOT EXIST forum which was found amusing. Thus I got nailed with the titlehammer
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Inquisitor Subs

« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2008, 05:13:18 PM »
Ah the Titlehammer, the one hammer you want to be hit with.  Actually, Id want to be hit with the Cakehammer too. 

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2008, 05:14:11 PM »
There is no Cakehammer, it was folded into the All-Purpose SnackhammerTM a few years back
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Inquisitor Subs

« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2008, 05:17:00 PM »
Hmm, I must have missed the memo. 

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2008, 07:27:36 PM »
Wow, that was a lot of stuff to read. Say what you will about the "yellow menace", at least it's not bloody red. Although, sadly that means I actually read what he says instead of skipping all the red text.

I am nice! Compared to the other Veterans, I'm the walking embodiment of sunshine and buttercups! I mean, sure I have Spite, but they have outright misanthropy and psychosis.
Hey, I'm in there also. And I'm pretty nice. well, sorta, maybe. Or was that you referencing me being the rosebud that makes it all worthwhile? :P

I must have been, because there's no other reason for me to have capitalised 'spite'...

Unless I was talking about about Malus Darkblade's cold one, but that's just silly. I would have noticed a giant war-lizard following me around.

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »
Unless I was talking about about Malus Darkblade's cold one, but that's just silly. I would have noticed a giant war-lizard following me around.

But what if it was a sneaky Cold One?

Anyways, has anyone had their title completley removed? I was told I would, but I guess not. Not that I mind it anymore.
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2008, 11:20:31 PM »
I think I'll just bask in my awesomeness that I have no degrading title.
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2008, 11:30:40 PM »
So your claim to fame is that you don't have one? Well done that man!  :)
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2008, 11:34:17 PM »
No, I  have one. I'ts just not a bad one.
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline Inquisitor Subs

« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2008, 11:37:56 PM »
What is the story behind yours anyway count?

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2008, 11:39:20 PM »
CoC titles are different from custom titles. Some CoCs are fair easier to get a hold of than others after all. The easy ones are also more often than not of the more useless kind as far as it goes as a badge of honour. Basically - if you can ask for it and get it, it's really not worth anything.
Drink
Knights Tippler

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2008, 11:47:20 PM »
Well, I didn't technically ask for this, it was more of a gift... ::)

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2008, 11:48:20 PM »
So is a bag of flaming crap left on your doorstep. Some "gifts" are best left alone.  ;)
Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline Inquisitor Subs

« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2008, 11:49:10 PM »
So if I asked to be a Ogryn and shizzam I became one, it would be like wearing a shirt that said 'I am the best!' even though everyone knows its not true.  I see.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #138 on: July 18, 2008, 11:50:24 PM »
Actually, there is someone about the place with the title "BONE'ead due to their Ogyrn use. Haven't seen them about the place anytime recently.
Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline Lord Commissar Spiteful

• Commissar
  • Ancient
  • Only Survivor of the Spiteful Incident
  • Armies: Guard
« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2008, 12:39:55 AM »
I must have been, because there's no other reason for me to have capitalised 'spite'...
What, did a mod misquote you? You should start a thread. :P ;)
Wow - this place rubs off

I've been called a giant war lizzard before. Or it could be slimy and reptilian, that also seems to come up occasionally.

So is a bag of flaming crap left on your doorstep. Some "gifts" are best left alone.  ;)
To be really honest, all my titles were "gifts" were somehow related to me asking for them.  Well, kinda. I asked if I could help out in the project boards, when we redid the commissars I asked if I could move into that CoC sytem instead (i still miss haing the commissar title - commissars are awesome), and I really asked for it when I went kept asking about armoured company doctrines. Anyways I have to run - got to go watch South Africa win the TriNations while the Kiwis hopelessly watch from afar.

Spite
Ordo Sepulturum
Hunt for the Terminus Est