News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Slightly...unusual Army for starting Chaos.  (Read 35863 times)

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
  • Greased and good to go.
Slightly...unusual Army for starting Chaos.
« on: November 17, 2007, 07:04:18 PM »
I had the idea this week after re-reading one of the Nihil Rifles stories. Null (big, obscene monstrosity of a Major) is described as an aborted attempt at a Space Marine or some sick experiment that was never put down. It got me thinking about what an Anomien-derived chapter would look like. Sure, they're got the martial skill and the psychotic violence, but not the 'soul' of a Loyalist Marine, being blank and uncaring.
Given that their home planet, Anomie, later goes all Chaotic and is purged, the Marines themselves naturally get a bit strange and flee into the Warp. Not Chaotic as such, more like Relictors combined with a faceless grey nanite tide of Marines.
Here's the speil:

An army where every Marine is an echo of another, to the point where it's impossible to tell what is real and what is simply white noise. Very open to suggestions, themes, colours. Can be devastating if they manage to coordinated themselves.
Names like: AjA61**7048#
A|.
*#101#*
,.p4g 74pp.@

Quite possibly, the suit AI has been corrupted by eons old electronic junk, passing from star to star and black hole to black hole, never created or destroyed, just changing form. Some whisper of codes, of mechanical torment, the dying screaming of a million million machine minds, the screaming void noise turning them insane and washing away any personality. The repeated number '6' holds some special significance. Others say it is just that, meaningless junk. Obscure things learned in Warp-speak, some echo of modern-day machine and mainline.
Practice excision, if something become corrupt, you cut it off. Due to psychogenic effects and the Warp, you get a working phantom limb. Their minds are destroyed by this very process.

Some grand figure in charge, the only sane one, 'e'. Speaks in long, baroque sentences, using words beginning with E (Like V). Some sort of anti-Librarian? A Chaos list, using infiltrating Possessed, 1k Sons for the basic troopers (formed around nuclei of ego, the 'Sorcerer' equivalent) and Noise Marines for the sou-shredding heavy music of the insane spheres? Almost all infantry, just this wave of MEQs.

Heavily damaged armour, more often than not the person is dead inside it, animated only by a dead soul and the machinations of hate.

Can't erase the memory of corruption, can't erase a scratch on an overdub, it simply becomes part of the music. Names for the Chapter? Something like 'Outsiders' or 'Outriders'.

Will post pics tomorrow of the basic trooper.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 04:53:13 PM by No Love Lost »
I like what you're doing, but none the less... It's pretty freakin' messed up. Which is cool. Great ideas and concepts, but again, pretty freakin' messed up.
Lol.

Offline Forge Master Mordikai

• Herr Kommandant
  • New name, same old Kommadant
Re: Slightly...Unusual Army. Better off as Loyalists or Traitors?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 11:28:46 AM »
Traitor, but not as so much of the word. Traitor like i believe Night Lords are traitors. I think they are not "allied" with a Chaos god but they just sow destruction on the Imperium. Going the new chaos route, okay, but then why post it here? I would use the SM codex and use traits like Uphold the honour of the Emperor, or any infiltration trait (I see your guys just appearing amougst the enemy, shifting like a untuned television)

And again, your army sounds like it would just find stuff to kill and kill it, like heartless murderers in the night striking fear and mayham in the general populations of His holy Imperium. Emperor protects...
"Through death, honor is upheld" ~MachinGeist Mordavian

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 06:22:08 PM »
Traitor, but not as so much of the word. Traitor like i believe Night Lords are traitors. I think they are not "allied" with a Chaos god but they just sow destruction on the Imperium. Going the new chaos route, okay, but then why post it here? I would use the SM codex and use traits like Uphold the honour of the Emperor, or any infiltration trait (I see your guys just appearing amougst the enemy, shifting like a untuned television)

And again, your army sounds like it would just find stuff to kill and kill it, like heartless murderers in the night striking fear and mayham in the general populations of His holy Imperium. Emperor protects...
Very spot on. As Marines and Anomiens, they were made for terror and infiltration. They went entirely sane, fled to the Warp where they pick up souls adrift on the maelstrom tide and bind them to the army. They drift in from Emperor-knows where to some vital point, kill everything like a surgeon excising a tumour and then drift away. See but Don't be Seen, Suffer Not the Work of Heretics or the Furious Charge One (No Mercy, No Respite). Drawbacks: We Stand Alone (obvious) or Aspire to Glory (have an old Dread in the process of being converted, would like some Termies) or Flesh over Steel(not going to have many vehicles anyway)

e still speaks of an 'emperor', though in unclear terms, they aren't allied with Chaos, but they aren't really allied with anyone else either... The Chaos 'dex would allow me better troop choices I suppose...
I see your guys just appearing amongst the enemy, shifting like a untuned television
I like. I very like. Very static/screaming, soul shearing white noise army.

Camera is currently missing, so pics of that first Marine may have to wait until I find it.
I like what you're doing, but none the less... It's pretty freakin' messed up. Which is cool. Great ideas and concepts, but again, pretty freakin' messed up.
Lol.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 02:52:43 PM »
Working up a bit of fluff for the Army, have decided on Chaos, simply because I can use a greater variety of units.

Hollows:(Noise Marines)
They attack with sound, their enemies driven insane by irradiating promises of consumerist satisfaction, tearing each other apart over the dead whispering ghosts of power showers and vacuum cleaners, or turned to bleeding slush by massive, rapid tumour growth.
Failing that, these Hollows bare themselves in waves of screaming feedback, overloading nervous systems and stripping away the atoms of the soul with the joyous music of hate and void.

Move so fast that they blur but are still corporeal, more so than Pawns.

Pawns:
(Thousand Sons)
The Pawns have been corroded entirely by the Warp, and form centres of resistance around nuclei of ego, similar *cough* identical*cough* to Thousand Sons. They are almost not there, and this incorporeality helps them weather enemy fire, allowing them to get in close and utilise their mind flaying firepower.

Deadlife(Spawn) are Outsiders who have become so insane and corrupt that they have totally broken the morphogenic field, and are amorphous coagulations of half-limbs and reverb.

Possessed, Termies and Dreads will be mightily impressive once I get round to them.
I'll use the ordinary Marines, converted up to fit with the Army fluff. Still missing my camera. Could this be moved to the Chaos MArines board?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 04:39:48 PM by No Love Lost »
Lol.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
Re: Slightly...unusual Army for starting Chaos.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 05:09:13 PM »
how do u make an army???????? ???
Not... not quite sure what you mean.
Have you tried asking in the Beginners and Newbies forum? They could help you out.

Actually found the camera after nearly a week, and here's two Marines. The greenstuffed parts will be painted a swirling blue warpfire, the regular armour will be painted (grey? black? marbled black and white?). Can't really decide on a colour scheme yet.

If you look at the last pic, only the Marine's torso and right leg has damage. His left leg and upper body were forcibly excised by a Carnifex, previously he had been heavily corrupted. He's returned to his original Loyalist form, perhaps what ever fragment left of him still wants to go back to his old life.

Got a nice big Dread conversion in the works, it was previously a wreck terrain piece, but was salvaged with a bit of knife work. Big extended spine, decayed rocket launcher/CCW and mutated CCW. It's a temporary tomb for all the dead souls, and thus it's a bit unstable, especially since someone just ripped the front of the sarcophagus off.

I've been hearing wonderful things about Sorcerers lately. I found an old Tyrant Guard boneshield lying around, it'll make a lovely Disc for my Sorcerer. Been working on the fluff, and hope to have the Codex by Monday or Tuesday.

As for names:
Anomyn
Alumni
MMm... Better ones needed.

If anyone knows PiL, it's very much inspired by Metal Box (yes even Radio 4).
Swan Lake
That's the musical aesthetic I want to get across.
Lol.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #5 on: December 1, 2007, 11:13:29 AM »
No... replies, response or feedback after nearly two weeks?  :(

Looking at various models for 'E', Ezekiel on a Disc coverted from an old Tyrant Guard boneshield (3rd ed), with greenstuffing to make him look a bit like a Shadowseer.

Work on the army is slow, due to exams.

I was thinking of how they'd deploy, and came up with the idea of having this huge corrupted Battlebarge come out screaming from warp-space, speed through Imperial defences and as it came in for a crash landing with the planet's surface, you'd have these big phantom legs sprout from holes in the side, and bring the barge to a running stop. The ramps all drop, disgorging thosands of screaming Rhinos, Defilers and daemons. The the Barge stands up, and starts firing lance and broadside weapons in support of the foot troops. That'd be in large scale Chaos invasions.

They capture any ghost ships floating through the warp and bind them to this Corpse Titan, the remnants of any soul now enslaved to E's manical will. Holds particular hate for Harlequins, who resist him and manipulate things against him. Ultimately seeks acess to the Black Library, to seek info that would allow him to massive increase the psychic output of mankind, thus enlarging the Eye of Terror and throwing the universe into disorder. This makes him opposed to the Necrons. Is seeking to destroy the Nihil Rifles, as they are the last seed of Anomie, and all are carriers for the Pariah Gene, meaning enough psychic blanks and thus enough Pariahs to drive back the Eye.
So the Nihil Rifles are hunted by both sides.

The Imperium has devoted like or no time to hunting these Traitors down, compared to others who actively seek the downfall of the Imperium, as they rarely make full scale attacks and instead devote themselves to terror and shadowplay. Been having a lot of fun writing E's big speeches, might actually get writing a few stories about the Legion.

'Hunting... ha ha ha ha.... HARLEQUINS!'
« Last Edit: December 1, 2007, 11:42:23 AM by No Love Lost »
Lol.

Offline Zombie_dla

« Reply #6 on: December 2, 2007, 02:40:15 PM »
Gotta say I love what you got so far. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for updates :)

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #7 on: December 8, 2007, 03:04:39 PM »
Updates!

The Dread is still WIP, and a mess of colour due to being used in 2 separate armies, then painted as a terrain piece, then salvaged because it's a free 140 points for a new army. It's a bad picture, but the wrecked missile launcher is covered in screaming, flaming faces. I'm thinking of adding a few tentacles to it, so I can run it as a 2 CCW Dread. And yes, it is crying.

Any Suggestions on what to do with the face plate?

e has a familiar called XKCDyke.

Planning to make Rhino covered in feel-good slogans, as the very fabric around it screams.
A possessed Vindicator or Predator will follow, with the words 'SPECIALSPECIALSPECI ALSPECIALSPECIALSPE CIALSPECIALSPECIAL' stamped all over it.
Rhino disgorges a squad of CSMs, and sits there repeating horrible, distorted imperial propaganda.

e has become a villain, with a guilty conscience over betraying the Emperor and leaving the Canoness he had sworn to protect, Annalisa. He is every so slightly camp, in a terrifyingly unpredictable way. Almost vaudeville.

The army is a celebration of the new blander codex, my lesser daemons Guardsmen bound to the Corpse Titan.

Could someone tell me why we don't get Razorbacks?
Or assault cannons?

But amphetamine parrot, our Terminators are beslubbering win!
Lol.

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
« Reply #8 on: December 8, 2007, 04:29:10 PM »
Razorbacks and Assault cannons are based on STC's found after the Heresy I believe.

Don't worry about what you don't have.  Remember that you can get a Land Raider cheaper (who needs Machine Spirit anyway) and all of your marines have a bolt pistol, a CCW, and a bolter.  Plus Plague Marines, Ksons, Berserkers, and Sonic Weapons.

Anyway, everything looks great and I think the fluff is phenomenal.  I look forward to seeing more pics!
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Don't listen to the drunk dragon...

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #9 on: December 8, 2007, 08:26:02 PM »
Razorbacks and Assault cannons are based on STC's found after the Heresy I believe.
Damn... Could they not just capture a few? What of Renegade chapters of the last few millenia, post-Heresy? Surely they'd make it away with an assault cannon or two...

Ubergrit, improved Leadership and more special weapons are a boon, plus a few vehicle pre-upgrades but why no Plasma cannons in Havok or CSM squads? :( Shouldn't complain, as you say. It's about what we have!

I was pointed in the direction of old, dead, (retconned?) Chaos gods, Zuvassin came up nicely.
Wherever and whenever there are people who want things to go awry, Zuvassin will be there to offer his patronage - and to make their own plans go wrong in the process. He has been known to usurp cults which think they are worshipping another of the Chaos Gods, revelling in the confusion and misery of letting them down or massacring them. Zuvassin, living up to his title, can undo everything, even removing the taint of Chaos from an individual by removing their mutations.

Fits in luurverly with e, everything he does is a joke, an act, a gag, a routine, but ultimately the trick is on him. Everything's dead, and Zuvassin wants to beslubber everything up.

A Space Hulk built up from raided ships and tortured souls forms the home base of the Chapter, who i'm yet to properly name.

It's one in the morning, I've got another 2 hours to kill before I sneak off to watch a boxing match in a mate's house. Sleep is distant. This is going to be an all nighter. Perhaps the sunrise shall give me something to think about.
Lol.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 12:08:14 PM »

Updates!

Half a marine, reaching out in supplication. It's a particularly bad photo, and I assure you it looks much better IRL. One thing I'm concerned about is the lack of shoulder pad on the arm. I couldn't get a decent solution to it, so I might just GS more flames where the arm is coming out of the screaming wall. The coffin lid looks a bit crap too. There was meant to be a tear on the marine's face, but the greenstuff wasn't up to such small detail. It'll be painted on.

Scritches. Psychotic, even for an Outsider. Has most of a Khornate sword within him(in his back), he feels his own 'movements'. Unclear whether his wounds are self inflicted.

ANgle#. Like an Iron Maiden turned inside out. Speaks in static screams and the marine himself is a CCW.

Upcoming are Babyhands and '...'
The first Hollow, Oldstyle, will be done tomorrow. Looks pretty sweet.
Really enjoying getting back into the flow of things.
Lol.

Offline Drizzle

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 01:29:32 PM »
This is the creepiest army theme ever. Very fitting for the 40k Universe, good ideas man!
Absolute power corrupts absolutely, but only Chaos gives you eyes inside your mouth.
I also do agree with Sanctjud with what he is saying.

A typo, sure, but still eerily accurate...
(Sentinels are) "A heavy weapons team on stilts and raped in plywood" if you were.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 10:13:44 AM »
xkcDYKE has been turned into a Slaaneshi sorceror, and is being converted up from a Sanctioned Psyker.

The Dreadnought itself is just a soul repository for all those killed, so they can be re-animated in fresh Power Armour, used as weapons or to possess vehicles. Originally it was gifted to e's right-hand man after a raid on the Ultramarines who attempted to start a Second Founding chapter on Anomie, but he tried to double cross e, who then forced a million million dead souls through him, washing away every atom of ego. His existence is bound to this insane wreck, and he shares the death pangs of every new kill.

His firefrenzies and blood rages are just an expression of that pain, but for every kill he makes, it's torn right back through him like jagged thread trying to suture a hole in the void.
There's no body or anything, just sheared spirit, dead mechanical flesh driven on by the machinations of hate. Written on the side with credit cards and letters on sprue is 'FRAMED E'. He's not a man to cross.

All the above marines are just CSM, not Pawns or Hollows.
I'm going to write background for every single model in the army.

Got a champion planned, holding up a Guardsman with a bleeding, severed arm in his powerfist, and the chainsaw off a Sentinel being revved so as to cut the screaming tool in half, then to wear the skin like a cloak. Groovy.

I began thinking more about how the Outsiders became corrupt.
After fighting Chaos for several campaings, they were mind-scrubbed one last time, and something broke. Unusually resistant to corruption, great things seemed in store for the Chapter. The only Loyalist survivors are Vladimir and Estragon, two Brother-Captains in the Grey Knights. Fought in the scouring of Anomie, have links with Inquisitor/Commander Mono and have pursued e actively. Later fight alongside e and the Nihil Rifles, when the tombworld Nihil awakens, and the C'tan 'Outsider', the source of the Pariah Gene, tries to steer the dead planet into the Eye of Terror.

Inquisitor Mono, the focus of the possesion, is executed by the Commissar who he had taken and brainwashed as an Acolyte, as a possible sucessor. The Commissar, turned Inquisitor and Commander, takes control of the Nihil Rifles, and finds a balance between Law (an insanity) and Chaos (an insanity).

BECOMING MORE LIKE A GOD.

This army is getting more awesomely awesome by the day.

Lol.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 10:07:28 AM »

Babyhands [Sane]- Meltagunner. Close relationship to Aspiring Champion, Oldstyle. Has the hands of thousands stapled to him, most of them underage.

Hollow, with blastmaster.

The Commissar [Insane]- Took the hat and red sash of a slaughtered commissar, as the Chapter is so open to themes and suggestions, he became a Commissar and dillgently upholds the Imperial Creed, honours his battle gear and spurs his squad onto greater things, chanting litanies of Hate and Faith as he beats Guardsmen to death with the iron bar 'Commissar' (bad pic. Might replace it with one you can actually see)

Began thinking about Daemon Princes, thought Annalisa would make a terrific DP.
Fluff's pre-written, taken from Pil's First Issue
Public Image Limited - Annalisa
Lyrics:
Think I'm proud to be your enemy
Take your hands off of me
You're worse than the thing that possessed me
The way they were
The way they should have been
Annalisa

Annalisa was 15 years
Stole her soul
But I hear no tears
Ever been alone
And heard the voice
Not your own
I've seen those fears
Annalisa

Somehow you used ignorance for sense
Melodrama in your eyes
All concern rests with the dead
Annalisa

Annalisa had no escape
Starved to death in a waiting room
Cheap concern and rosary beads
Did not solve screaming needs
Annalisa

Annalisa

Crawl like rabid dog

Annalisa (repeat)
She was the girl who was meant to have been possesed by several demons, died in an exorcism ritual. They made it into the film 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose' and some other one.

Our Annalisa is a Canoness, who e hates himself for betraying. His Chapter were once bound to her protection, now they hunt the New Beginnings of His Message to destruction.

Annalisa has ascended after e made some terrible pact with Zuvassin (who probably made pacts and promises elsewhere) and is so altered and corrupt she belives that she has become an Imperial Saint, and that these strange powers are Emperor-gifted. She must smite the unbelievers. Of course, parts of her are still concious of her terrible fate, and she might turn on e at any time. e worships her like a god, and would slit his own throat to bleed her handkerchief red if he knew it would please her.

Going to use the Saint Celestine model, mounted on a larger base.

Like that, except 'lol evil'.

k thx bye
Lol.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #14 on: January 6, 2008, 10:26:56 AM »
Done a bit of idling over the holidays, started thinking about how the whole Nihil battle would turn out and the interplay of the characters. Came up with a few interesting ideas.

Vladimir and Estragon, the Grey Knight Brother-Captains, confront the C'tan The Outsider (the source of the Pariah Gene) and are driven insane by the Boy Snide's Outrageously Shiny Leather and PVC clad Soul Train-Void. One is consumed by the C'tan and the other is later rehabilitated, but retains latent psychosis. His fear overcomes his faith and he is discretely retired.
He is mind wiped and farms a backwards agri-world for several decades.

His false memories deteriorate, and he remembers the awful truths found in pure absence.
The Chaos god Nechoho, the Doubter, finds him. He is drawn into the cult and recruits fellow 'brights' from the population. A full-scale invasion follows, and Vladimir is re-ensconced in a suit of Tactical Dreadnaught Armour, his former memories restored.

The aching loss of his Battle-Brother Estragon weighs heavily on him, and he seeks to pierce the Sea of Dirac cast by the Outsider, so that they can once more stride into battle together. He'll need enough firepower to level a sector...

e arrives out of the Eye of Terror with the Corpse Titan and a sizeable Chaos fleet that he has coerced, cajoled or threatened. He seeks to end the Necron menace to his beloved Eye.

Is affected badly by the planet, and the few Necrons they do manage to kill (along with a few Domo clones) integrate with the psychic whole, giving e the mother of all migraines. He'll be debugging the Soul Jar (the Dread) for years to come.

Zuvassin feeds on the 'not as planned' and the Chaos forces serve as little more than a distraction, playing a small but significant role in the war. e is wounded, and the Chaos forces disintegrate and flee.

Now a series of CSM I've had ideas for:

The Reborn:
Has died and reincarnated so many times that he is a conglomerate of all his past selves and is losing his morphogenic field. Before long, he will be a mewling spawn. Does not fear death.

ANgle:
Died one day.
Was never the same again.

Niemand:
Barely there. The Heresy affected him deeply. Is part of a significant minority that want to return to the Imperium, that may include e.

Deadspace:
Survived an airlock blowout for several days until he was rescued. Has never spoken again. Devotes himself to the boltgun that has become part of him. the time spent spinning in space helped him perfect his aim. Hasn't missed a shot in several decades.

Ca-Ca-Ca-:
Speaks with a horrendous stutter. He's been trying to say something for 200 years, something rare and something horrible. it might be a warning, a prayer or a request for a sandwich that will never arrive. is partially blind from staring at the sun so much.

The Arbiter:

Considers himself a man of Reason and Order. Carries a powersword of Justice and and a scales with concealed bolt pistol. Everyone and everthing is found to be guilty. Sued an electric toaster over public urination. Wears an eyepatch: 'In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.' Possibly a latent pirate.

HardGay Marine:

Affects non-Codex leather garments and utilises a crotch-mounted auto-loading Boltgun with gyro-stabilisers. Each pelvic thrust re-cocks the weapon for another burning fusillade. A buffet of manliness. Was a children's TV presenter back on Anomie.

The Rube:
Comprised almost entirely of jelly-like ectoplasm. Palpitates the unwary mark with fingers of rotten protoplasm. Has enough orgones to disable a Leman Russ (counts as meltabomb). Was a famed writer back on Anomie.

Go-tse:

Suffers a massively prolapsed anus. Was forced to conceal a thermo-nuclear device insider himself. His intestines have the power of speech, and will soon control his body as one all-purpose eating, breathing, talking tube. Aggravates the Rube.

Homeboy:
Was a mindless Spawn, reversed on a whim by Zuvassin. Misses earthly delights. Believes he has some special purpose.

Cible:
Needs to die. Has painted himself luminous colours, added flashing lights and goes out of his way to make himself a target. Because of this, he is almost invulnerable.

I'm still not entirely sure how e is going to look...
« Last Edit: January 6, 2008, 01:40:32 PM by No Love Lost »
Lol.

Offline Catachan Devil Sniper

• Bad Trader Nuff said - BANNED
  • SEIG ZEON!
    • Auzzie'z HQ (Gundam, 40K, tanks and airplane model builders talk and read about models)
« Reply #15 on: January 6, 2008, 11:29:00 AM »
Umm...so why is the dreadnought so umm mixed up?
You can take over ANY goverment with the right amount of TNT!
Vin Diesel made a go cart that ran on the hopes and dreams of orphans, it goes fast

Armies: Zeonic Guard 'Zeon's Devils', 72nd Trench Rats, D-99, Night Lords 'Razors in the Night', Imperial Fists, Emperor's Dragons (SM), Tau

Owner of a 1990 Buick Riviera, 08 Kawaski Ninja 650R Motorcycle
GS for the Xbox 360 now is 10,135 pts

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #16 on: January 6, 2008, 01:56:23 PM »
Umm...so why is the dreadnought so umm mixed up?
Umm indeed! I should get a summary up, rather than having a mother of a TL:DR for yiz all.

The Dreadnought itself is just a soul repository for all those killed, so they can be re-animated in fresh Power Armour, used as weapons or to possess vehicles. Originally it was gifted to e's right-hand man after a raid on the Ultramarines who attempted to start a Second Founding chapter on Anomie, but he tried to double cross e, who then forced a million million dead souls through him, washing away every atom of ego. His existence is bound to this insane wreck, and he shares the death pangs of every new kill.
Having a few machine souls like Necrons would seriously mess up a psychic stew, likewise, so would clones of a Culexus-reject like Domo, a mute, free-associating existential assassin. The Dread itself is none too stable, so these would further mess it up.
Is that clearer?
I have a tendency to be 'awfully literary'(read: bullamphetamine parrot artist), to quote Talon Raven.

Been going through what I still have in the box I inherited:
2 Bikers, 2 assault marines still not chopped up, a few Khorne Berzerkers, 5 old school loyalist terminators, a squad of Long Fangs and 6 or so paint set marines.
I could probably get a lot more off other people who used to collect on the cheap too.

On the wish list is that box of CSM, and a box of Assault Marines, giving me enough for 8 Raptors. This should take me up to about 800-1000 points. But first I'm going to paint what I've already made.
Lol.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 04:59:50 PM »
Turning against the idea of calling the Legion the 'Outsiders'. It's easily misconstrued as 'they're like... really dark... and really really like, misunderstood, because no-one like, understands them?' rather than being outside any preconceived morality or sanity and instead making a brutal, random path towards a higher plane of existence, in a brutal and random universe.

But what to rename them as?

Chapter philosophy:
There's no plan, so how can anything go wrong?

I had this written up an age ago, but I'm only typing it now. How e turns against the Imperium and why the Legion/Chapter is so beslubbered-up:

e recognised as a beta-class-psyker and seen to be destined for the ranks of great Imperial heroes. He began designing a system that would allow an entire Chapter to be psychically linked into a massive gestalt concert, hugely increasing the output of the conductor and allow instant relay of difficult and highly complex concepts. Eventually, this system would be tested on Storm Troopers, then become standard Guard issue. No more friendly fire incidents ever, battle plans more akin to symphonies that plodding progressions of tank and troop.

He coerced tech-adepts to begin installing the chips on squad leader and to begin psychotherapy, any latent psykers receiving sudden promotions. Combat efficiency rose from 88% to 98.9%. With the Mental Man project, the Meshuggagh Scouring and the persecution and execution of Iponunekc the Changeable, became a cake walk. e argued passionately in favour of his still covert works. Against widespread Imperial opposition to psyker-based technology, he would need to push harder, to procure a final and decisive victory so that Mental Man could be revealed.

An Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor, Acci Meiden, had her doubt about e and his motives.
She began her investigation.

As e pushed on further, his Chapter of grey psychotic wraiths cutting away the at the Great Enemy, so too did the Inquisitor, incising, whittling down to the core.

Soon the entire Chapter were part of the Mental Man movement, more and more latent psykers coming on line. There were even those who had been forced into operancy through mind-reaming and geno-therapy, highly dubious and borderline heresy.
Though he had gained much in the eyes of his fellow Marines, his search for a final and consummate victory consumed him, so that Mental Man could be revealed to great fanfare and Imperial triumph. He alone would be the hero, no longer the grey smudge on a wall beside men of lower calibre than he. Just one more victory....

Pushing harder, the Project strained at its seams.
It was only after a Culexus Assassin was deployed alongside the Chapter in a surgical raid against Urug Shambas, a psychically corrupt Inquisitor, that Meiden understood the scale and scope of the Mental Man project.

With heavy heart, she related to the Inquisitorial High Council how a single psyker could control an entire Crusade. Just one single mote of corruption would mean a civil war, one Chaos blight staining the soul... another Heresy.

This was no symphony.
It was a funeral dirge, and they would all dance to e's tune.

The Chapter was forcibly mind drilled, all memory of Mental Man forcibly excised. When it came to the Librarian, he was a wreck. He reasoned. He argued. He begged. He pleaded. He bargained. He raged. He wept.
He cursed them.

His psychic scream could be felt as far away as Holy Terra.
The mind drill broke him.
Mental Man had gone insane.

TL:DR:
Librarian sets up system to control entire Chapter, for the purpose of good, is revealed
and mind-drilled. Goes insane, takes his psychically linked Chapter into the Warp, killing every Loyalist he finds on the way out.

It's alright, but I figure he needed some kind of reason for turning away from the Imperium, rather than being motiveless.

A tonne more stuff tomorrow.
I can't get the time to type it up.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 05:31:10 AM by No Love Lost »
Lol.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #18 on: February 6, 2008, 01:58:05 PM »
Actually bought Annalisa over the weekend, but I've barely had the time to trim the sprue off the Saint Celestine model. Cut my finger doing it, so I anointed the model in blood, and had it take down a Chimera with 2 heavy bolters, a Guard squad with HB, a Command squad and a Dreadnaught. 3 plasma Guard vets eventually brought her down. Roughly 145 points taking down 390-odd points.

Ran the model with Gift of Chaos and wings. I'd imagine that Warptime is even more lethal.
Sniping powerfists is a useful trait to have. Onto fluff:

Scoop: Insanely bloated Havok who lost the use of his legs in the Shelliac Purging, replacing them with a landspeeders anti-gravity unit. Envious of other, more psychical receptive Marines gaining promotions, he drilled his squad until they reached 90% combat efficiency.

Following the heresy, he drugged his little lads, butchering them with electronics, augmetic tissue stuffed with fibre optics, proud Marine flesh made anew in graven machine image. In the confusion, he settled his score with Jecht, and corrupted the Devastator sergeant and his squad, making them utterly thrall to his ego.

Scoop now floats above it all, directing dead hands, dead eyes and dead brains through electronic junk. The blunt will grind you down.

Despises and desires e's powers. A tyrant.
Armed with rocket launcher, Jecht is the sergeant.

e is bitter, twisted and divided. He thought that he would be better under the traitor flag, and now he curses himself for leaving the Imperium. Wants to spread this internal Chaos all over the Segmentum.

Began work on the allied Nechoho themed forces:
The Agents of Aponia:

Vlamidir
and Estragon:
Two Grey Knight Brother-Captains fight on Nihil, both driven insane by the Cnut-Void. Vladimir is consumed by the C'tan and Estragon is later rehabilitated, but retains latent psychosis. His fear overcomes his faith and he is discretely retired.
He is mind wiped and farms a backwards agri-world for several decades.

His false memories deteriorate, and he remembers the awful truths found in pure absence.
The Chaos god Nechoho, the Doubter, finds him. He is drawn into the cult and recruits fellow 'brights' from the population. A full-scale invasion follows, and Vladimir is re-ensconced in a suit of Tactical Dreadnaught Armour, his former memories restored.

The aching loss of his Battle-Brother Estragon weighs heavily on him, and he seeks to pierce the Sea of Dirac cast by the Outsider, so that they can once more stride into battle together. He'll need enough firepower to level a sector...

The Knights of Aponia:
-Vladimir (deceased) and Estragon.
- Terminators with powerweapons, chainfists and combiplasmas.

Skopskyite Sect:

Plague marine equivelent. As pale, as pure, as painless as driven snow.
Deny all pain, all sensation, believing it to be the root of all evil.
Spend 24 hours a day in total darkness, inside black tomb-wombs shielded by Null-fields.
Entirely blind, they rise only for battle.

Adepts of Aponia:

CSM

Unity of Dissent:
1k sons. Practice cognitive dissonance. They are there... and not there.
You are shooting at something and nothing simultaneously. Their ammunition creates simliar doubt and confusion in an enemy's molecules. This angst is often fatal.

Chapter philosophy:
They seek to end all pain, whether psychic, existential or physical.
They are going to mercy-kill an entire universe. (Aponia= freedom from pain)

The chapter is loosely based on an idea I had several months ago of recreating Waiting for Godot entirely in 28mm scale and a general love of Beckett.

Estragon's dialogue is taken almost entirely from the works:
Nothing to be done.
Nothing troubles me. And yet I am troubled.
It's barely an issue now.
If he dies: I can't go on. I'll go on.

For the lulz: Is it love, in the rectum?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 02:31:11 PM by No Love Lost »
Lol.

Offline dez2k7

• myn n me m8z old syt
« Reply #19 on: February 6, 2008, 07:51:53 PM »
Hey just had to say the background you have for this army is amazing sounds really interesting !
and ill be keeping my eye on this thread ;)

my only question is your marines move like white noise so when you paint your models and convert them
are you going to paint/model anything on them to represent their untuned tv movement? (if im making any sense :P)
i think it would look really good if you had the odd few marines modelled like that, the only thing i could think of to represent
this would be swirls or somthing around them.. but im sure someone with your mind could think of something well... more :D

Dave
"Orks iz made for fightin an winnin!!"