News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: So what are other hive minds thinking about Apoc?  (Read 438 times)

Offline Lottis215

So what are other hive minds thinking about Apoc?
« on: November 11, 2007, 02:46:21 PM »
I haven't found another post specifically talking about tyranids in apocalypse so I thought I would ask.  What is everyone thinking?

I have not had a chance to read through the book but have already ordered the Mycetic Assult Swarm Box(partly to fill out my collection and allow me to field any tyranid list i can dream up up to 2000 points) and I am seriously looking at picking up a Trygon and a few more Raveners.  I love the idea of deepstriking huge bugs into their lines, shooting them up, and then assulting if I choose to...or live long enough to. 

I think that running across hundreds of gaunts sounds like fun but their inability to truely effect vehicles and the amount of time they would take to move, fleet and shoot/assult really bothers me.

I honestly think that monstorous creatures are not going to be as survivable at higher points due to all of the Lascannons/starcannons/railguns I expect so see.  Their ease of use and ability to play with a ton of them on the field is what I love to see though.

These are just my thoughts and I would love to see what everyone else is excited about as well.
Let me know...

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
Re: So what are other hive minds thinking about Apoc?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 03:47:12 PM »
From the little I've looked at Apocalypse, it looks decent enough.  The problem is that with the "anything goes" sort of rules, you gotta play with people you know won't cheese out their lists.  Cause do you really want to fight against 250 asscannons?

Nothing will be as survivable on its own, but I think Tyranids will really come into their own in Apoc, because you can put out too many different targets for the enemy to have any chance of destroying.  If you put out 15 MCs, 250 little things, and then a bunch of Raveners, Zoanthropes, etc...  No one thing will survive better, but Tyranids are all about the collective effort, so it should work out nicely.

And what you have to remember is that when you're playing in a team game, sure they will have enough to do huge damage in a turn, but then your opponent is ignored.  And, if you get first turn, everything gets first turn charge ^_^  12" no-mans land looks awesome.

*shrugs* I got my first Apoc game possibly on Saturday or Sunday, so I may be able to give you a better opinion on it then.
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"