News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The best DE unit or troop  (Read 2353 times)

Offline shmee shmee

• I love the smell of napalm in the morning
The best DE unit or troop
« on: May 28, 2005, 01:24:47 PM »
 What is your personal favourite, feel free to say anything mine is wyches wat is yours
it was harry...

Offline Grey Area

• !gnimoc era yeht
Re: The best DE unit or troop
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 01:48:34 PM »
Well I love my five man incubi retinue and lord. Also a tooled up wych squad + a dracite with agoniser and pistol make a lethal combo, having two agonisers.

Offline barf

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 03:43:56 PM »
The best point vs potnecy is definately Warp Beasts. The coolest IMO is Hellions, actually maybe mandrakes.

Offline JaedenKaal

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Archon, Kabal of the Black Contagion
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 07:09:26 PM »
Wyches all the way.  Wych weapons included, naturally
Scream, mon-keigh!  Scream for your emperor!  He cannot hear your cries, cannot save you from eternal torment at the hands of my haemonculi!  Which reminds me...  I need new bedsheets...

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Useless, useless."--JWB
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 07:10:36 PM »
My favorite is the following:

10 Warriors w/ Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Sybarite w/ Agoniser, Raider w/ Disintegrator

Raider Squads are great!

I also love Taloi ;)

Offline The_Outcast

• Infinity Circuit
  • I am the only one who left willingly.
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 10:24:07 PM »
Gotta be just plain old warriors. 8 points for all those good stasts( BS WS I ) . beast regular eldar and imp. any day of the week. ( mean basic troops like guardsman vs. DE warriors)

I actually don't like the GW witch models. I think they shoud be all female like eldar banshees. The fantsy one look cool though.

The_Outcast
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 10:27:11 PM by The_Outcast »

Offline Rathnard

• Sybarite
  • If you were dead, I'd be home by now...
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 11:07:28 PM »
Tactically - Raider squads

Aesthetics - Scourges

Favorite Rules - Mandrakes

;D

"There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change everything"

-Werner Erhard

Offline Pointy Doom

• I am not a lamma....I am a free man!!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2005, 11:17:15 PM »
I'm a scourge man.

loaded up with 4 splinter cannons on a tall building blasting away at imperial gaurd makes me feel warm inside. :)
"Doom shall come to ye! In all manner of nasty pointy bits!"
-Tim the enchanter-

Time is but an illusion. Luchtime doubly so.

Offline Scorn

• Supreme Archon of Commorragh | Nasty Sky Juice | Title (and/or) Whore |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 12:55:24 AM »
Fluff Wise:  Incubi
Game Mechanics:  Warp Beast Pack
Rejoice.  Despair. 
Fate does not care.
Each knotted mind entwined. 
Each soul another's bind.
And blind though we are led. 
In time we do know when, to cut a thread.
-Erfworld

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's your emperor now?
    • Vengeance of the Fallen [Dutch]
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2005, 07:28:13 AM »
Dark Eldar warriors all the way for me. They own for there cost no other race can match us with BS4 2 anti tank weapons for only 100 points. (incuding a 8 men meatshield).

The coolest looking unit is of course a incubi squad. It is also my favorit squad vs 3+ save armies.
Best unit imo vs poor thigns like ig tau etc are wyches. There also good vs sm but not that effective as incubis.

Offline Battlefield

• Commander of the Iron Soldiers
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 10:48:33 AM »
My favorite unit is a drug addicted Lord ;D, either dracite or archite (but dracite is cheeper) with of course an agonizer and a retinue for shield.
I never was disappointed by him. When threw him into fight, he always lay down many times more ennemy unit points than what he worth. In 5 battles, he died only once after killing 13 Scorps and taking 1hp to the Avatar (new version).
Moreover, aesthetically you can have a great model as his in converting a standard DE lord.
Strike hard and fast!
Never withdraw! No surender, No prisonner

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2005, 02:33:02 PM »
Well your lord almost always get his points back or your doing something seriously wrong. (If your not using a raider army and use the fire magnet tactic still big risk though but if it works almost 70% of yoru army gets into CC)

The DE have some serious power units imo. The warriors are just SO good for there points. So are the wyches (I mean comon a 4+ inv in CC for 14 pts is good!) Also the Lord is a real character killer and can win even if vastly outnumbered. The incubis are quit expensive but once they reach CC with 3+ save armies they get there points back in one or two turns.

The units imo that should be fixed are mandrakes grots hellions and scourges.The mandrakes aint as good as they should be. The hellions . . . well imho there crap no offense to hellion users. Grots lost there effectivnes as screeners and scourges should be reduced in points.

The rest is quit decent imo. (Only our bikes should get there speed back and the raiders could use something extra 2) It doesn't really matter witch unit you chose most of them will get there points back. (most of them when reaching CC)

Offline BrassMutant

• Eat Cereal, play better
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2005, 02:37:21 PM »
It was a close one for me and I don't think anyone has said this; but I'm gonna have to go with the Talos.
A 100 point fire magnet that strikes fear into your opponent and distracts from the rest of the army.
I'm tired of your words, if you have anything to say... Use your dice.

Punk's not dead, it's FROZEN! And when we find the cure for 17 stab wounds in the back...IT'S GOING TO BE PRETTY PISSED OFF!!

Offline splanckno

• supreme warlock of faolchu bhazhakkhaine
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2005, 06:48:23 PM »
I play eldar (shame on your dark kin!) and one of my opponent plays dark eldar.
The unit I fear the most is a wich archon with agonizer and pistol and drugs, with his retinue of 7 wiches (with wych weapons) including of course an leader with agonizer, mounted in a raider.
In one battle they destroyed:
-10 swooping hawks that they charged
-10 stricking scorpions, tooled up, that charged them
-the avatar, that charged them
And they finally FLED!(3 of them and the lord), after having been assaulted by a tooled up 10 scorpions squad (and having killed 6 of them)
So in a 1.5k game, they destroyed 634 points of Eldar, while they were worth around 230 pts.
And then I promised myself to never charge wyches again...

Nothing is worth an eldar life, a non eldar life is worth nothing

"give me what I want, or we will all die, here and now"

Offline Pointy Doom

• I am not a lamma....I am a free man!!
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2005, 07:46:40 PM »
Silly splanckno, everyone knows you should shoot wyches before they get within a 30 inch radius of anything. ;)
"Doom shall come to ye! In all manner of nasty pointy bits!"
-Tim the enchanter-

Time is but an illusion. Luchtime doubly so.

Offline splanckno

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 02:10:29 AM »
well, silly...
But when you have many covers, and that the result for drugs effects is "charge to 12 inches", and that there is 4 raiders full of wyches, AND that you loose first turn:
-the 12" charging squad in a raider can do 12" for raider's move, 2" for disembarking, 1D6" of FOF and 12" charge, for a total move of 27-32"!
- then the HTH blok LOS, as wyches raider move closer and that the ultimate WL killer (ie:2 agonizer) prepare to charge in turn 2.
But I must confess that I tryed to countercharge the wyches as they where locked in HtH (this way I lost almost 2 squads of scorp and my avatar)

Offline Moonsinger

• The Cause of Priapism | Meanie!
  • Ancient
    • KFD-Comics
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 06:02:32 AM »
I love the DE Warrior, cheap and very good heavy weapons :D (tacticaly)

Love the Incubi (miniature ;))

Wyches (for shear coolness ^_^)

//Cheers
Dwarf Females <3
Priapism is considered a medical emergency, which should receive proper treatment by qualified medical people

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 07:44:11 AM »
well, silly...
But when you have many covers, and that the result for drugs effects is "charge to 12 inches", and that there is 4 raiders full of wyches, AND that you loose first turn:
-the 12" charging squad in a raider can do 12" for raider's move, 2" for disembarking, 1D6" of FOF and 12" charge, for a total move of 27-32"!
- then the HTH blok LOS, as wyches raider move closer and that the ultimate WL killer (ie:2 agonizer) prepare to charge in turn 2.
But I must confess that I tryed to countercharge the wyches as they where locked in HtH (this way I lost almost 2 squads of scorp and my avatar)

Unlucky indeed. Although a avatar is a very hard nut to crack. Next time take a scorp squad and avatar wit ha farseer with fortune meaning 3= rerolleble saves. The only downside is that the succubus and archon ignore saves :p. If you want to go for the archon then take a seer with aa couple of warlocks and let the avatar join this way you have all re rolleble inv. saves. It works trust me. I have been locked up in CC for ages when my lord reached a seer council. (But won because he was t ostupid to send inhis avatar).

Offline splanckno

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 04:26:29 PM »
Well, I have to confess: my own designed craftworld rules does not allow me to take farseer in 1.5k games.
But on the charge, there will be 10 agonizers attacks 6 of them hitting on 3+, rerollable.
And with the 4+i saves of the wyches in HTH, and the unbelievable luck of my opponent....

Offline Zucrous Shadowhelm

• I have transformed my fear and now it serves me
« Reply #19 on: June 1, 2005, 12:36:26 AM »
bang for your buck: I have to go for warriors, they just rock.
for pure ownage: My Reaver Lord is just so awsome.
Model: Customized reaver's aer so cool, base they arent as good, but they are ino the easiest model to customize and look so cool when u finish em.
“You are the Emperor’s finest; his word is our strength, his might our sword, and our faith in him, our shield against all enemies. We are the Emperor’s Crusaders, and through us his will is done.”