News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: beating Saim Hann army  (Read 362 times)

Offline syth773

beating Saim Hann army
« on: March 19, 2004, 10:45:56 AM »

anyway, i have a puzzle for DE players.  what do you do against a Saim Hann army which consists of lots of squads of vipers, each having scatter laser, shuriken cannon upgrade and crystal targetting matrix?  i have played with and against this army and it is nasty vrs DE.  lots and lots of S6 shots will take out both raiders and even ravagers pretty quickly and CTM keeps the vypers out of LOS.  once DE vehicles are gone it doesnt matter what ground troops you have because CTM will continue to keep the enemy out of LOS of any dark lances or whatnot.  main problem is that all the advantages of DE in assault are lots.  archon, dracon, wytches, warriors, grots, incubi, even the talos for the most part are useless.  anyone have suggestions?

Offline CODEXsc

• Sybarite
Re: beating Saim Hann army
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 11:37:07 AM »
A wych cult.

Ravager
3 dl

5 wyches (WW)
2 blasters
all with haywire gernades
Raider, dl

Offline DraconKhadect

• Whats that pen pen? A beer for me?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 12:07:29 PM »
the vypers are just as easy to take out as your raiders! Dissies work WONDERS against vypers. the blast counts as two hits so its toast.

i would take a dissie on all your raiders and ravagers.

i would take a reaver jet bike squad with 2 blasters and haywire grenades.

i would take around 3 snipe squads.

i would take 2 ravagers and a talos.

now most people will see a talos and naturally want to shoot it. only vets will go...oh a talos ptth it can do zero to my army. so if you know your oponent knows about the talos then take another ravager this one with 3 dl.

everything else should be filler. your raider squads should take dl and blaster. dl yes i said dark lance

drop them off in cover and use your raider to distract him.

scourges with darklances also. deep strike them into cover hope they don't die as they come in and start shooting the next turn.  either way you can always match his speed. and you can always take more than enough tank busting weapons to make his head spin. vypers should not be a problem with you 3 dissie ravagers. 

take night shields on the ravagers you to give you that "edge"
The stunned and angry Briar snapped his hand out to grab the dark elfs arm. He never got close. Faster than Briar could react, Enteri snapped his hand on the barkeeps reahing arm, slamming it down on the bar. In the same fluid motion, the assasins other arm came, holding the jeweld dagger, and Enteri plunged it hard into the wooden shelf right between Briar's figners. The blood drained from his face. "If you persist there will be little left of your tavern"

Offline syth773

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 03:50:40 PM »
i think what would probably decide the game would be how much cover is on the board.  if the eldar player can just hide behind trees the whole time it is hard to root him out, if there is just 1 building in the center of the board it will be kinda hard for him to hide a half dozen vipers behind it

Offline DraconKhadect

• Whats that pen pen? A beer for me?
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 03:59:01 PM »
i agree also the mission

if you play ambush he could easily get most his stuff off the board. just take dissies though he can only take one falcon i think. but vypers fall in droves to dissies.
The stunned and angry Briar snapped his hand out to grab the dark elfs arm. He never got close. Faster than Briar could react, Enteri snapped his hand on the barkeeps reahing arm, slamming it down on the bar. In the same fluid motion, the assasins other arm came, holding the jeweld dagger, and Enteri plunged it hard into the wooden shelf right between Briar's figners. The blood drained from his face. "If you persist there will be little left of your tavern"