News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dark eldar Haemonculus or Wrack?  (Read 2347 times)

Offline kim

Dark eldar Haemonculus or Wrack?
« on: January 30, 2019, 06:28:39 PM »
Are those depicted members of the Haemonculi covens Haemonculus members, right? From the book, I understand the physical difference between an haemonculus and a wrack might be quite small, and the Hexrifle from the Wrack box is interesting… Do ppl make haemonculus characters out of a wrack, or is the artwork not used by players to modify and convert models?

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Dark eldar Haemonculus or Wrack?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 09:50:13 PM »
Hi Kim!

From what I understand, conversions are made from whatever inspires the converter and what he envisions in his mind's eye. I think people use artwork all the time for their creations! As for using a Wrack to convert a Haemonculus, I think that is actually within the lore bounds. Wracks are basically servants who give themselves willingly to the covens (some of them, at least) in the hopes of becoming a Haemonculus and one of the Order themselves. Eventually successful Wracks can and will become Haemoculii at some point.

So go ahead and try it if that's what you want to do :)!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: Dark eldar Haemonculus or Wrack?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 11:25:25 AM »
I've used the hex rifle from the wrack box to convert a haemonculus and it worked out quite well I think. (See my project log on the board.)

I think you could use the bits from the wrack set to make a haemonculus easily, but I would be sure to enlarge the model somehow to make it more unique and stand out from the other wracks. By using some clever basing to raise the model up like they do with the pastic haemonculus or archon model it should be simple enough.