News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Masque Names?  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Cegorach

• Still A Spamming Mon-keigh
  • Life is for the weak
    • Save the Harlequins
Masque Names?
« on: June 19, 2003, 05:57:51 PM »
What will you call your chorus?

Im thinking of naming mine as The Prophecies because that is our main play which tells of the prophecies of the rebirth of the eldar after the destruction of slaneesh (which should be soon)

What is your Masque's name?

And why did you name them this?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 02:04:57 AM by Cegorach »
"I didn't want to hurt them, I only wanted to kill them."- David Berkowitz   A.K.A. 'Son of Sam'

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re:Chorus Names?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 06:52:45 PM »
My Masque (they are not a Chorus) is the Bright Masque of Cegorach-Men (Bright Masque of the Hand of the Laughing god, simply)

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline The Swordwind

• The Master of Sword-Chucks
Re: Masque Names?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 01:02:16 PM »
i was thinking maybe The Masque of Saim-Salo-Cegorach which is ment to be the Masque of the Secret Teachings of the Laughing God
"Their is no art more beautiful and diverse than the art of Death" - Laconfir of Beil-tan

You must watch 8-Bit Theater

Offline Indro Tyr

• Quantity has a quality all its own.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 03:35:52 PM »
In spirit of the EOT campaign I have entitled mine, "The Masque of the Rhana Dandra". But I usually call it "The Masque of Terror's Birth", because I LOVE using psycology (both real life and in game) to mess with my foes. My Harlequin Wraithlord, Shadowseer, and the ability to outflank even the White Scars makes my army unnerving to play in the least (I wouldn't even want to play myself!). I also used to call my army "The Chorus of Saviours" because of a piece of fluff I wrote for them, "Brothers in Arms". It was about the tensions between certain Eldar factions being united by the Harlequins to overcome a Blood Angles assault upon a virgin Maiden World. Sadly it was never posted on EO, but I am confident that after some heavy revisions and tweaking I can view it with pride along my first written piece, "A Deadly Performace", which I wrote one night at 2 a.m. simply out of curiousity of whether or not my talents at writing were good enough to be posted on EO. Now that I'm confident enough in my aptitude I will contine to write on... but anyway, that's my two cents.    
"The time for using the knife to remove this cancer is past.  Bring forth the torch."

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Useless, useless."--JWB
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 04:29:32 PM »
I will call mine the Masque of the Burning Heretic.  Look at my avatarfor ahint.

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 04:52:09 PM »
Mine is called Masque of the eternal struggle

Not that I have problems winning...

Jonik ;D
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2003, 08:19:07 PM »
Iolar does that have anything to do with Harlequin fluff?  If it does i would like to know where.

Offline Rilmanqualë

• A humie walks into a bar - OUCH!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2003, 01:19:45 AM »
I've taken to calling my army The Masque of Tearless Sorrow, as this is how I see the Eldar.  They have held these fears and sorrows for untold millenia, yet they struggle on without whining or complaining about the fact that they are a doomed race.  The time for tears is over; you live because you are alive, and you endure the hopelessness of your existence because despair will only lead to madness.

Kind of a melancholy way of looking at it, but there ya go.
Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music - Mark Kleiman

Offline Big Bad Beeste

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2003, 09:36:36 AM »
That's a cool name monkeyboy007 - very Stormbringeresque (RE: Elric novels by Micael Moorcock).

I've gone for Nilth Traegg Mir. Mainly because it sounds cool and secondly because I've yet to fully translate it. (Hey I was signing in to EOT and they caught me offguard :-*) Anyhow, something along the lines of Wanderers of the Void, but I'm working on getting it to sound right and fit in once I've fleshed out my forces background a little better.
Strike First, Strike Fast, Strike HARD!

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2003, 10:42:52 AM »
We are not a doomed race!  No one can reach our craftworlds at and the Rhana Dandra we will be able to rebound as the chaos will DIE!

P.S. I say this with despair, for I know that GW likes to kill our best stuff... :'(

Offline Alianirlian

• A mad Solitaire is a dead Solitaire-
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2003, 10:37:57 AM »
Actually, I have two names for you: the Masque of the Song of Shadows, and the Masque of Dreaming Stars. They are both derived from a series of stories I'm currently writing. One day, I'd dearly love to publish those, but as GW/Dark Library only seems to be publishing books featuring humans as the main persons, I have little hope this will ever happen...

Alianirlian
Alianirlian Malendil Shasmirdrigar

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2003, 11:25:56 AM »
You could always get them posted on EO if you don't want to make money off of them.  It will give them attention and if they are good maybe you can use them in your portfolio to present to GW!  Good luck if you want to go this route.

Offline Jade Emperor

• Life is a game. I shall play to win.
    • Realm of the Jade Empire
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2003, 01:15:15 PM »
Masque of the Dark Sun.
Why kill a man when you can make him homeless?

Offline DEFCON 4

• Newest
  • Corrupting America, one toddler at a time...
    • The Smoking Bolters Gaming Club Homepage
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2003, 01:18:38 PM »
I choose "The Masque of the Red Death" after the Edgar Allen Poe short story.  It gives my Masque a darker feel, which is reflected in its unusual paint scheme of black and red quarters.  Kinda like Agis's Dark Harlequins.
"I laugh in the face of danger...then I hide till it goes away."
Xander from Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Instant IQ test... CLICK HERE

Personally, I think they are coming. Like a massive electrified thousand ton ball of barbed wire with hundreds of trapped and frustrated gamers embedded in it, rolling down a hill. "That, Bilbo Baggins, is the sound of inevitability."

ETB is a loser

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2003, 09:00:32 AM »
Welcome to the realm of Eldar Online!  I hope you enjoy it.  I like the idea of a dark paint scheme, I'm going with a Camo Green/Chaos Black bottom on mine.

Offline Alianirlian

• A mad Solitaire is a dead Solitaire-
Publishing on EO
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2003, 08:52:11 AM »
You could always get them posted on EO if you don't want to make money off of them.  It will give them attention and if they are good maybe you can use them in your portfolio to present to GW!  Good luck if you want to go this route.

Thanks for the offer, and for showing interest :-)

However, since the three completed stories currently in existence are all rather long (ranging from seven to eleven pages), I was wondering if they aren't too long to be posted here. Can you give me any more guidelines on the matter?

Furthermore, please be aware that the cycle isn't complete yet. There needs to be one story written which falls before the three finished ones, and one epilogue. Though each of the three stories stands on its own, there is a logical order in them.
Alianirlian Malendil Shasmirdrigar

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2003, 09:04:57 AM »
I've written 5 tactics articles, 4 have been posted and I'm waiting on the fifth.  I feel that 7-11 pages is no big deal.  If you turn it in at the same time it might be something to put you on a featured list as a huge EO project.  If you do, I recommend you post it in the Fluff forum first for ideas.