News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harlequin vs Spacewolves  (Read 2691 times)

Offline StrangeAeons

• With Strange Aeons even Death may die...
    • Metatron Graphics
Harlequin vs Spacewolves
« on: February 14, 2002, 05:49:01 PM »
Hail and high spirits, all Children of the Laughing God! Tomorrow I dance across a sea of human blood! I'm playing a full Harlequin force (with maybe my Alaitoc Ranger Expedites to back them up) against the loathsome Sapcewolves SM chapter. I'm a veteran returning 40k/Eldar player (been a few years), and I know the SW are rather HTH-oriented so it should be an awesome battle, but I'm so cherry with the current rules I dont want to blow it (or is it a nearly sure win?) Tactics and suggestions would be most welcome!
"I am here to destroy your world, o Man, and turn it into a Paradise"
~Atrributed to the Alaitoc Farseer Catatheron

"Ask not the Eldar a question for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and horrifying to know."
~Inquisitor Czevak

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
Re:Harlequin vs Spacewolves
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2002, 05:50:55 PM »
do those teeth neclaces and hate rules get u hit on a 3+?
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2002, 05:53:39 PM »
they did when I played them  :-\ they wiped the floor with me.  I know nothing about SWs but they had some guys with storms above their heads that causes them to always go first in HtH.  :P

Offline Kenaz the Red ShadowSeer

• Live Fast, Love Hard, and Die with your Mask on.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2002, 07:23:26 PM »
 1 watch out for those infaltating terminators
2 you know about storm caller kill that guy quick
3 space wolfs kick mean ass so you have to play smart...Really smart

This message brought to you from a current space wulfs player
"Just out with the out with the boys.......ME, MAYHAM, and CHAOS."
 Sidewinder from Transformer:G2 # 1

Offline Farseer Kwidjbo

• mock not the name!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2002, 07:38:48 PM »
1 make sure you never get shot bolter and evein bolt pistol can wither your 25pt a model squads down really fast
2 KILL RUNEPREASTS (very very quickly!)
3 watch out for squad leaders and termies
4 get a wrathloard of the dance with a star cannon  ;)
5 don't get shot
6 pounce on one isolated unit at a time (if your opponetn is good his units will never be isolated)
7 Remember; your squads are small in a charge you wil usualy enjoy inital success but if you stay in the same fight for too long (big mob O' orks hurts more then termies cuz of this) you will die
Soon to lead the exodit-what-za-ma-call-ems
Feathers are soft
This carpet is red
dog doo doo smells funny
Fuzzy FUZZY lil bunny

Offline vanquisherau

• Saussie Aussie
  • Who's Next??
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2002, 09:42:56 PM »
Use death jesters with Brightlances and whittle them down, and strike in force, if your target survives the first round, you are in trouble.
The Exarch: You'd be considered a violent schizophrenic if you were human - but you'd slap around anyone who called you that...

the_mighty_brain

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2002, 04:36:49 AM »
yes 9 death jesters with bright lances.

Zzap I say!

Offline StrangeAeons

• With Strange Aeons even Death may die...
    • Metatron Graphics
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2002, 10:42:22 AM »
OK, so hows this:

-Death Jesters with B-Lances & Lord of the Dance with Starcannon ( I would use the Scatter Laser but he'll probably have his usual legion of SW Predators): Stick 'em on the longest fire lane, hopefully right up the middle, they Lord can charge in if theres some loss at the front lines

-Squads move up left and right, cover to cover charge the shooty units HTH, going Fleet of Foot with holofields doing crazy psychedelix on the SWs until their eyeballs melt! Hehehehehehe!

-Harlequin jetbikes: (yes my buddy let me use his Harlequin jetbikes, the ones he had since they first came out 10 years ago  drool!! ), all over the place picking off the HQ individuals

-Solitare sneak attacking the HQ units, HE'S NAASSSTTYYY...

------------------------
About the Space wolves:

-Yes, kill the Runepriests, I will!

-Terminators: Yeah, its fun if you can charge them and rip em up but if they get a couple good swings at you with chainfists and powergloves ya ded cause no armor, fuggetaboutit...oth erwise the Jesters will be too busy to be effective...he'll probably send them after my Death Jesters if he's got the beard, so maybe a squad next to them too...

-Teeth necklaces?? Oo, the Harlies want those for trophies, woofwoof!

-Storm caller? ? Is that a special psychic power? I think the Harlies should go first anyway!
"I am here to destroy your world, o Man, and turn it into a Paradise"
~Atrributed to the Alaitoc Farseer Catatheron

"Ask not the Eldar a question for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and horrifying to know."
~Inquisitor Czevak

Offline JiMInY

• What big teeth I have
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2002, 06:47:37 PM »
well im probabaly a bit late now but being a space wolves player myself i'd say go for the HQ units first especially the runepriest,wolflord and the wolf preist.Then do not!!! let blood claws get into close combat they will defeat harleys who are in small squads and their highish toughness means they will wound u easier secondly long fangs take them out in close combat and grey hunters depends on how lucky you feel...... use these for the next time p.s if anyone i know from my games club is reading this ignor everything i just said ;D
consume the magical plant