News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 points vs. Ultramarines  (Read 699 times)

Offline mr_mich

• I make it rain
1000 points vs. Ultramarines
« on: April 26, 2005, 04:53:10 PM »
Turns out one of my friends plays 40k and has a big ultramarine army.  I've challenged him to a 1000 point game, and have no clue what he's bringing besides just Ultramarines.  He has no clue what I play except that I play Necrons...For my 1000 point list I'm thinking about something like this:

HQ:
-Lord (Staff of Light, ResOrb) - 140 points

Troops:
-10 Warriors - 180 points

Fast Attack:
-3 Scarab Swarms - 36 points
-3 Scarab Swamrs (Disruption Fields) - 48 points

Heavy Support:
-Monolith - 235 points

He seemed pretty cocky, so I want to give him a taste of 1000 point pain.  I'm not sure about the scarab swarms, I might group them together with disruption fields and then lose one.  This has 31 Necrons, phase out at 7...pretty low for my style, but I'm open to criticism.

Offline Jet

• Major
  • CuZ Ima BadBoy
Re: 1000 points vs. Ultramarines
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 11:03:13 PM »
drop the monolith and some warriors and get some destroyers r immortals.  this gives u more range. give your lord a veil of darkness to keep ur most important unit out of hth. u dont need disruption fields on the swarms cause ur guass guns can kill any tank.  thats what i would do
"True Kings never die"

Offline mr_mich

• I make it rain
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 11:05:46 PM »
Well, I'm bringing the monolith because it's a pain to crack, and at 1000 points all of his heavy weapons will be focused on, well that.

I agree, I'm very short-ranged, however I won't be giving my Lord a VoD because teleporting him away will keep all of my other Necrons out of ResOrb range...and Marines can bring plenty of S8+ or powerweapons, I'd hate to not get a WBB.  I put D-fields on the scarabs because my longest-ranged unit is a 24" rapidfire gun, I'm going to need *some* tank-popping ability.

Offline Necromaster

• Necrons rule!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 08:53:46 AM »
Yeah, for SM, Monoliths are pretty hard to crack. The only weapon they have a chance with are lascannons and they don't have many of those either.
Battle Records with Necrons:
Wins: 6
Ties: 0
Loses: 3
Unfinished games: 2

Offline ShadowX

• Life is a privilege. Death is your right.
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 09:26:14 AM »
It's a very focused list.. and unfortunately at 1000 points there just isn't enough room to take the fun stuff.  As long as that Monolith lives though you should be ok.. Just hope he's not packing a Vindicator  ;)

Xhadow
Aegis insubstantial; before the deluge.

We are already Dead.

Only the Insane have the strength to prosper.  Only those who prosper truly judge what is sane.

I shall become a Blight upon the land.  And everything I touch shall wither and die.

Offline Necromaster

• Necrons rule!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 09:30:44 AM »
Vindicators are good, but the special ability allowing Necrons to re-roll resurrection is worth the points!
Battle Records with Necrons:
Wins: 6
Ties: 0
Loses: 3
Unfinished games: 2