News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "Final?" Necron 1500 List  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Saturnman

• I'm a llama!
"Final?" Necron 1500 List
« on: March 31, 2003, 10:52:41 PM »
Here we go again.

:: HQ ::
Necron Lord, with Staff of Light, Veil of Darkness,and Ressurection Orb = 200
(13%)
:: Troops ::
12 Warriors - 216
11 Warriors - 198
11 Warriors - 198
(40% troops)

:: Elites ::
9 Immortals = 252
(16%)
:: Fast Attack ::
3 Destroyers = 150 points
3 Destroyers = 150 Points
(20%)
:: Heavy Support ::
2 Heavy Destroyers = 130 points
(8%)
Total: 1494 points

After some consideration I decided to drop the other squad of 2 heavy destroyers for two squads of three regular destroyers and an extra immortal.I think a 9 man immortal squad is pretty hefty- can average two glancings on a vehicle,and can statistically mow down a "weaker" (imperial guard,dark eldar..eldar...) squad of models in one round of firing.

"-----congrats thats almost just like every other 1500 pts necron list ive seen youve done a great job finding new and inventive ways of using this army.You are a pillar of army building skill one wich all other necorny armies should be measured too.You have just raised the bar for necorny list building. ---- " - Someone about my lists :P

I dunno. It works so far,and it works wellll. HOOK ME UP WITH THE COMMENTS!

Offline ShadowX

• Life is a privilege. Death is your right.
Re:"Final?" Necron 1500 List
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 11:03:52 PM »
Is this any sort of purpose army (tournament?)?  Or just a general all purpose army?

Otherwise I think I've commented on way too many of your 1500 pt armies to say anything that you haven't heard before..  ;)

Xhadow
Aegis insubstantial; before the deluge.

We are already Dead.

Only the Insane have the strength to prosper.  Only those who prosper truly judge what is sane.

I shall become a Blight upon the land.  And everything I touch shall wither and die.

Offline Elysian Soldier

• For The Greater Good!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2003, 11:19:54 PM »
I like it very much. Not to different from my own list. difference is 3 less warriors and I have 1 heavy destroyer and 7 regular destroyers along with 1 spyder. I was toying with dropping the spyder though. I'd probally just make it an even 8 regular destroyers though. If i need more heavy support i'll drop 2 and add a heavy D and some warriors (hmm that would pretty much be your list...).

Offline Saturnman

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: April 1, 2003, 03:16:41 PM »
Heh silly ShadowX :). This is just my attempts at the "All around have a good chance against every army perfect tournament comp score" army hehehe. I just nit picked it up after heavy destroyer realizations had their toll.

Offline taphos

« Reply #4 on: April 2, 2003, 01:07:52 PM »
You need a Monolith if you have more than 2 troops............. ...
"This is because complex concepts (a blood god that doesn't advocate mindless slaughter?) don't sell all that well to emo kids and wannabe punks, the people who seem most prone to playing Chaos." - Drongol (warseer)

Offline Inquisitor Daedalus

• The Wicked
  • Ancient
  • God's in his Heaven, all is right in the world
« Reply #5 on: April 2, 2003, 06:47:50 PM »
@ WraithBoneX
Are you contradicting yourself from another post or am I reading one of them wrong?

You don't need or not need to take a Monolith if you have more than 2 troop choices. It is a matter of personal preferance really. I would almost never take a 'lith, mostly because I don't have one and also I like a troop oriented army.
"Every war is fake, every disease false and every famine virtual. The Imperium has become a stagnent pool of heresy and I am here to stir things up."
- Inquisitor Daedalus

Offline ShadowX

« Reply #6 on: April 2, 2003, 07:13:47 PM »
Maybe he's attempting to say that if you take any more than 2 Warrior squads you 'should' take a Lith, because it's so good?  What sense that makes I have no idea..

Xhadow

We are already Dead.

Only the Insane have the strength to prosper.  Only those who prosper truly judge what is sane.

I shall become a Blight upon the land.  And everything I touch shall wither and die.

Offline Saturnman

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: April 2, 2003, 07:53:44 PM »
Any vehicle can die in one hit.

Quote of the year.

Sure ok..the lith can't die that EASILY...but I could kill it first turn I reckon,or at least immobilise it.

Offline Halberd-Blue

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Long Live C'Nesha
    • Lord of the Universe's Website
« Reply #8 on: April 2, 2003, 08:13:17 PM »
I've lost a squad of 15 Warriors to a single Dev Squad in one turn, so Warriors aren't that much hardier.  Of course, 10 of them got back up  ;D

I use to use a Monolith, but then I decided I liked Wraiths more so I replaced it with hordes of wraiths.
"The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal."

Offline taphos

« Reply #9 on: April 2, 2003, 09:04:15 PM »
No it states in the necron codex under warriors that you need a monolith if you have more than 2 troops sqauds......
"This is because complex concepts (a blood god that doesn't advocate mindless slaughter?) don't sell all that well to emo kids and wannabe punks, the people who seem most prone to playing Chaos." - Drongol (warseer)

Offline Inquisitor Daedalus

• The Wicked
  • Ancient
  • God's in his Heaven, all is right in the world
« Reply #10 on: April 2, 2003, 09:30:57 PM »
No it doesn't. Anywhere.
Sorry to be so blunt, but it just does not say that rule.
"Every war is fake, every disease false and every famine virtual. The Imperium has become a stagnent pool of heresy and I am here to stir things up."
- Inquisitor Daedalus

Offline ShadowX

« Reply #11 on: April 2, 2003, 11:08:35 PM »
This is what you get when you copy-paste your codex off message boards..

Lesson of the day:  Buy actual codex from GW and spend the time to read it.

Xhadow

We are already Dead.

Offline Halberd-Blue

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Long Live C'Nesha
    • Lord of the Universe's Website
« Reply #12 on: April 3, 2003, 07:11:44 AM »
The closest thing to it is that it says any Warrior squads in excess of 2 may start in reserve so that they may come out of a Monolith.
"The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal."

Offline taphos

« Reply #13 on: April 3, 2003, 12:53:59 PM »
Apologies all, I've mistaken MAY for MUST. I have A Copy of The Codex.... And I Have A Lith, in which houses a sqaud of 20 warriors. It is a good idea to get a lith because when you deepstrike it next to an tank army, you have crap loads of shots that can crack tanks up. And when they kill your lith, it's great cover for C'tans b4 they get in CC. Sorry once again...
-WraithBoneX

Offline ShadowX

« Reply #14 on: April 3, 2003, 03:56:03 PM »
Don't worry about it.  We were all just a little confused, that's all.

That said, yes I do enjoy using the Monolith occasionally, but in smaller point games (1500) I find it can be a liability, depending on opponent and scenario.  It's definitely a nasty unit though.

Xhadow

We are already Dead.