News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1, 500 point army  (Read 957 times)

Offline Nickron

1, 500 point army
« on: July 19, 2009, 12:06:32 AM »
games i have played against my friends have taught me that when the monolith or the res orb lord dies that necrons fall apart due to lack of heavy fire power and wwbb.  also for some reason i have learned that immortals really aren't as good as they were.  so i developed a list that culminates what i have learned. 

1 lord w/ orb and maybe pulse
10 warriors

1 lord w/orb probably gaze
10 wariors 

2 monoliths

3 destroyers
3 destroyers

PO: 7

numbers say immortals are better but for 20 points more, two shots less, and a lower PO you get models that can hit pretty much anything on the table with good success with almost the exact tankbusting power.  i figure the warriors hide behind the liths til they are in range.  til they get in range the liths are firing the whips.  then when they are in range the lords and liths should keep them strong. 

so what do you guys think?  all suggestions are welcome

Offline Doopsie

• Ork Boy
Re: 1, 500 point army
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 02:20:23 AM »
I personally use a faster Necron army that maximizes Fast Attack before all else, so if anybody who uses a phalanx army replies, their advice will probably be better than mine. That being said, here we go...

Well, first off I'm not a fan of either pulse or gaze. Pulse is too limited in it's use, gaze doesn't help when your going to lose CC anyways.

Secondly, I consider 2 monoliths at 1500 points overkill at best, typically risky, and suicidal at worst. Yes, they can keep the Warriors coming back, but not dying is very different from winning.

At such low points, and with so few warriors, you should only need one res orb. Cut both pulse and gaze, one lord, and a monolith and you will have enough points to add 20 Warriors as well as a Phase Shifter (extra survivability to the Lord) and either a warscythe, phylactry, or any other fairly cheap wargear to the remaining lord. Played properly, amongst 40 Warriors, a Lord should have little trouble surviving, and proper tactics should see your monolith surviving at least a few turns, which should be more than enough.