News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Entering the world of Necrons...2000 points of terror?  (Read 760 times)

Offline Belsibub

Entering the world of Necrons...2000 points of terror?
« on: July 30, 2007, 06:40:41 AM »
Well as the topic says i have played against Necrons a decade and now i will join the rank of my enemy.
I have produced a list for an up comin tourney so it will be against all comers...

Please spare noone when you give your critic  8)

Hq
Lord with Resurrection orb and VoD   200 ponts

Basic lord but he will fulfill my wishes...to transport Immortals

Elites
10 Immortals  280 points

Immortals will join the Lord and portal so they can do a joint operation with deep striking Monolith. Otherwise they are just heavy shooting.

Troops
10 Warriors
14 Warriors
14 Warriors

The two 14 warrior squad will Deep strike with the two Monoliths when mission allows it

Fast
3 Destroyers
3 Destroyers
Will create a fires base i want, mobile and hard shooting
5 Scarab
These will rush forward and hopefully haress some small units i.e Devestators ans such

Heavy
2 Monoliths
Well deep strike when they can and support when they don't

This sums up to 1994 points...so blaze away spare no one standing

Please come with some cc
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 06:52:25 AM by Belsibub »

Offline quozl

Re: Entering the world of Necrons...2000 points of terror?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 07:07:25 AM »
I like it. Two things:

You can only deepstrike one of those warrior squads, you have to place the minimum troop requirements (2 squads) on the table at the start iirc. Check the wording in the codex...

I'd drop enough warriors from those bigger squads to get both destroyer squads up to 4. If your opponent wipes a squad out in one round of shooting them you'll get no WBB unless the other squad follows it around. Harder to do with 4 than 3, plus even numbers are better for scoring unit purposes. And destroyers are great so worth having 2x4 anyway.