News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: For a God.....  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Lecron

• I will consume all in my path
For a God.....
« on: August 1, 2002, 02:17:20 PM »
The C'Tan are Gods, or at least by thier fluff they are. However, wouldnt a God be all omnipotent. I know the Night Bringers excuse, but what about the other C'Tan? For instance all things point to the Machine God as being the Dragon. Now all the fluff says that the C'Tan set up thier tombs to awaken them when certain prerequisties were met for races that came upon thier lairs. Now wouldt't ya figure the humans crawling all over Mars would have waken him up? I know I get pretty damn grumpy when someone comes into my place of sleep.  Plus the Necrons are sappose to revel in death and carnage, is it me or it seems they way the Necrons are fighting, fluff wise, seems to sneaky. I mean wouldnt ya figure the C'Tans would havegone all out on it, and not just skulk around?  

Offline True Emperor

• Behold The True Emperor of Man
Re:For a God.....
« Reply #1 on: August 1, 2002, 06:38:31 PM »
Actually I am going to give a piece of the novel "Nightbringer" away here so if you do not want this spoiled do not read on.

Spoiler......

Ok, now that you are with me.
In the novel it took someone actually looking to awaken him and go through some hoops to actually make him arise from his tomb.  It was nececcary for them to go around the star system and find "keys" to his crypt.

So just trodding aroud Mars would not do it.  It probably would take something simalar(SP) to awaken the one on Mars.

Side note:
The C'tan are God-like beings.  Closest thing I could equate them to is a Demi-god from greek/roman myth.  They have great powers but they are not all powerfull.

Offline OwlManAtt

Re:For a God.....
« Reply #2 on: August 2, 2002, 10:34:12 AM »
Im guna read that book soon..actualy i already started it but im to lazy to keep reading...Looks good...