News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Necron Destroyer Lord  (Read 2176 times)

Offline SMiF

• ¬_¬ What are you going to do huh?
Necron Destroyer Lord
« on: August 1, 2002, 02:56:04 AM »
When the new destroyer lord is coming out for the necrons, are they going to come in various forms?  I mean, are some going to contain the orb, some contain the staff of light, some contain the warscythe?   Or are they going to have arm attachments so you can detach their arms and add one with warscythe per se.
SMiFSoNiaN

Night_Of_Necrons

Re:Necron Destroyer Lord
« Reply #1 on: August 1, 2002, 06:04:46 AM »
im not 100% sure about the whole arms thing but u can go to www.wargamesworksho p.com and they have advanced orders and it says when they shall be comming out. i think they come out in early august.

-NoN :o

Offline SMiF

« Reply #2 on: August 2, 2002, 06:02:20 PM »
Yeah, I've read in the latest WD that they're coming out in august.  But the thing is, in the box it shows the one with the warscythe, but the picture shown on the page (not on box) is one with an orb and a staff of light.  Can anyone explain this?
SMiFSoNiaN

Offline Halberd-Blue

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Long Live C'Nesha
    • Lord of the Universe's Website
« Reply #3 on: August 7, 2002, 10:45:56 AM »

Yeah, I've read in the latest WD that they're coming out in august.  But the thing is, in the box it shows the one with the warscythe, but the picture shown on the page (not on box) is one with an orb and a staff of light.  Can anyone explain this?

Probably a conversion.

Anyway, I seriously doubt that GW would make different arms/wargear etc. for any army but the SMurfs.  They did for the Tau (I think, my friend says that his vehicles came with all the possible upgrades, broadsides came with all the possible weapons, etc), but they just got lucky.  See any Farseer models with a Witchblade that is sold by GW?  Or a Swooping Hawk Exarch with a Web of Skulls?

I am hoping that ForgeWorld will release a Necron Wargear thing, like the Eldar Vehicle Upgrade thing.

"The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal."

Niklas Kriig

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2002, 04:58:37 PM »
Yes they come in various packages.
Why not just put all weapons in the same box? dam gw, money, money, money.

Offline SMiF

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2002, 03:17:52 AM »
I've just talked to my friend who runs a store in Toronto.  He said that the box does come with two different arms, one with warscythe and one with Staff of Light, as well as an orb (or two?)  But the problem is..you have to glue it!  So that means you only really get to use ONE because you have to glue it on and you have to buy like 1-2 more to use the other arms! :( how much scam can they possibly pull on us? :'(
SMiFSoNiaN

Offline Fuegan

• Death to those who oppose us!
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2002, 06:10:26 PM »
hello does blue tack ring a bell.
over the white cliffs of Dover there is a lovely beach 300 meters below which can be reached in 3.2 seconds.

Ulthwe Strike force   wins:7    draws:0    loss:1

Wood Elves             wins:7    draws:1     loss:4

Chaos                     win:1     draws:0     loss:3

Please visit my site at www.craftworld.s5.c om