News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1,500 Necrons. Very good army.  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Eric Wright

1,500 Necrons. Very good army.
« on: January 11, 2007, 03:45:45 PM »
This army is very good.

Lord, orb, war scyth, phase shifter, phlyatchary.

7 immortals.

8 immortals.

10 warriors.

11 warriors.

3 destroyers.

3 destroyers.

Monolith.

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
Re: 1,500 Necrons. Very good army.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 03:51:23 PM »
Was this a question of some sort, or did you just want to throw in a mediocre army and tell people to use it?
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"

Offline Foxfire

• Necron Lord of 40KO | KoN Veteran
  • Ancient
  • The picture is a werewolf
  • Armies: Necrons and Orks
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 05:53:20 PM »
It looks feasible enough, I don't really see anything wrong with the list.  The main problem with this post is that it lacks a point.  Eric, in the future, make sure to have some sort of question or something you're trying to address when you make a post.  Simply asserting that "this is a very good list" isn't going to cut it.  There isn't really much  reason for this thread to exist as is.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:49:54 AM by Foxfire »

Offline Will of Iron

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 03:43:59 AM »
Gotta' agree with Benandorf.  At best this list is mediocre.  My Space Wolves would mop the floor with this list.  After taking out your destroyers with Long Fangs/Predator Annihilator, your best range is 24".  Without a veil and only being able to move 1 squad at a time with your Monolith, I'd focus on the warriors.  once you got them into range you would do damage but not enough for me to throw 4 squads of Blood Claws at you.  Squad of 10 on the charge is 40 attacks, fighting ahead of your initiative 2.  I'd decimate the warriors in one turn, not allowing WBB as none of the same unit type (warriors) would be left on the bored.  Then all I gotta do is kill one measly immortal and you phase out. Good game.

Offline Foxfire

• Necron Lord of 40KO | KoN Veteran
  • Ancient
  • The picture is a werewolf
  • Armies: Necrons and Orks
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 09:49:20 AM »
I tend to disagree.  It's a good list, he just didn't use much sense posting it here.  The Destroyers can be deployed in such a way that your Long Fangs can't reach them, ie they could be harrassing your opposite flank, whereas he has Immortals in great enough numbers that with the Monolith and some cover, they're pretty safe from your heavy weapons also.  I peronally consider the Space Wolves one of the tougher armies for the Necrons to go up against(any power armored combast-friendly list is a tough cookie to crack for the Necrons in my experience), and his army wouldn't do too badly if played correctly.  You describe it as if he wouldn't have any tactics of his own.  You'd take out his Destroyers first?  You'd make him come to you?  Ridiculous.  As the Space Wolves, you'd be rushing to him in all likelihood, and he'd be using those Destroyers to harry you the whole way.  You may well win, but don't act like it would be as easy as all that.  Chances are that he can deny your Long Fangs a shot at your Destroyers(depends on the length of the board, though), and then he's killing an average of about 8 of your advancing Blood Fangs per turn, excluding any damage dealt by his Warriors or his Monolith, assuming his Monolith is using its teleportation to assist the WBB of his Immortals, which would probably be your next target if you were denied the Destroyers. 

How would you suggest he change this list?  By what I can see, it includes a great deal of firepower in a list of its points in the Destroyers and Immortals, giving it an offensive edge, while including a Monolith as well, to help with defense.  I wouldn't call it mediocre.  I agree that it was silly for him to post it for the mere sake of saying it was good, but we can tell him to do otherwise in the future.

Offline MagickCrafter

• PM me if you need animated/non-animated graphics
    • Designandprogram.com
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 10:01:42 PM »
Excluding all the ranting, lets go to some evaluations of your list ;) (no offense intended :P)

I am not so sure about the Warscythe on your HQ...  I tend to greatly dislike CC lords, unless they are in an army that is a rush type army.  I suggest removing it, the SOL is way better especially since you have a crapload of firepower as it is.  (If you DO get into CC with your lord, it is very unlikely he will get a chance to hit before getting obliterated...  And, even then, with no other CC units to back him up, he won't take out much units.  While, a SOL, he can most likely destroy more units advancing upon him than he could in CC.  IMO.)

I don't really like your odd numbered units, and, if it were me, I would even them out somehow.  There are plenty of ways to do this, such as reducing the 7 immortal squad to 6 and then adding a warrior to the 11 squad, etc.  (I'm not sure how much points you have left, I just roughly calculated the points)

Other than that, I'm lovin' the immortals and destroyers!  Heavy firepower.

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Es ist ein schönes Schiff
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 05:47:57 AM »
Your list looks pretty good, however I would probably change one thing. I would just give your lord the res orb as he would be better suited in a support role rathar then assaulting. With these extra points, bout 55 you can get one or two more immortals, more warriors or you could remove three immortal and a warrior and get an extra 3 man squad of destroyers. Personally I love immortals however it is my opinion that they only work well in groups of about 5 or 6. While you would get rid of 3 immortals and a warrior you would gain 3 destroyers which will give you more manurability and stronger firepower.

Lord with res orb

6 immortals

6 immortals

10 warriors

10 warriors

3 destroyers

3 destroyers

3 destroyers

Monolith

Note: After calculating the list I found that you were originally over by 28pts so you'd probably need to remove one more immortal from my list for you.
Heed my wisdom, ignore my ignorance