News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Korlandril  (Read 963 times)

Offline ChainAxe Enthusiast

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Too many to list.
Korlandril
« on: January 12, 2021, 10:53:37 AM »
Anyone else wish Thorpe didn't kill off Morlaniath and we had tonnes of novels with him and even maybe a model.  Its such a wasted opportunity with such an amazing character.  Path of the warrior is my all time favourite 40k novel, read it many times.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Korlandril
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 10:42:38 PM »
geez spoilers... ;)

I didn't mind as you got to peak behind the curtain a bit to see how exarchs and PL work.

I would like to see a long series like Eisenhorn, but based on Craftworld Eldar. You could have it follow a group of Eldar like what was in the "Farseer" novel. There is just so much you coule explore with it, other craftworlds, exodites, harlies, having to strike up some deals with corsairs... waaaaaaaaaaaay more interesting than another of the other races and those sibling rivalrys :)

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 06:07:41 AM »
The book is 11 years old, I really think the time for giving spoilers has passed.

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 05:41:21 PM »
It's honestly a shame that GW hasn't been more gutsy with its non-human protagonists. Certainly, it can be challenging to worldbuild for races like Eldar or Necrons in specific, interpersonal, dramatic terms, while still keeping them suitably alien and mysterious (I'd rather not a bunch of writers eventually whittle them down to "They're basically humans, but with different equipment", but on the other hand, readers do require character motives to clearly understand), but still. More long-running characters, pl0x.

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 11:04:24 PM »
Yeah I'm getting board of SM novels, I've probably read more than a 100 of them and I love SM's but other than SM's and Imperial guard its very slim pickings for other factions.  Eldar/dark eldar need far more, tau/necrons basically have none, orks should have a series as orks as the protagonists the ensuing comedy would be priceless.