News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Winged Warriors Vs Leaping Warriors, Which Does Better In Assault?  (Read 1306 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
I've noticed that the old rule about fragile wings has gone, making leaping CC Warriors a lot more appealing now as hiding in difficult doesn't stop them.

Before the new dex the standard CC Warrior had leaping, Scything Talons, Rending Claws and stat modifiers depending on the user. But now the question is will wings be more effective than leaping?

Some of the basic pro's and cons I can think of.

Pro's- They can move 12", meaning they get to the fight quicker than leaping warriors.

Cons- Cost, wings cost more. They move to FA as they did before anyway, which can cause problems if you want other fast units such as Raveners (also greatly improved I might add, we might actually see people using them often now).

Opinions?

~MTWC
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
Re: Winged Warriors Vs Leaping Warriors, Which Does Better In Assault?
« Reply #1 on: June 6, 2005, 11:36:37 AM »
I think we can best solve that problem if people here keep a record about in which turn their warriors made it into close combat. If wings often help to save a turn, then they will be an interesting option, but exactly that is rather dubious.

Offline Mavrik-

• I have really got to paint some more 'Nids...
« Reply #2 on: June 6, 2005, 12:04:20 PM »
Since Leaping warriors have lost FoC I will most likely be winging the crap out of my warriors.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: June 6, 2005, 12:07:24 PM »
Since Leaping warriors have lost FoC I will most likely be winging the crap out of my warriors.

Agreed, but it makes sense, you'd expect the more expensive wings to be the better of the two whereas before they were really only effective for shooting warriors, now they work for both.

~MTWC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline vsurma

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #4 on: June 6, 2005, 01:39:22 PM »
Leaping warriors=turn 3 assualt
Winged warriors=turn 2 assualt

Still, I prefer a 4+ save so I think I will go with leaping, though winged warriors look real cool.

Offline Black Widow DLS

• Proud member of DLS
« Reply #5 on: June 6, 2005, 04:40:15 PM »
In the old Codex, Warriors had FoC when you gave them leaping? I never knew that :-[ :'( :( I guess I should have read the rules better :'( :-[ :(

Offline JaedenKaal

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Archon, Kabal of the Black Contagion
« Reply #6 on: June 6, 2005, 07:58:48 PM »
No, they didn't.  "lost" here is a relative term which means they could have had it but don't.  Anywhoo, it's worth noting that leaping warriors can make attacks from 3" away, which, though uncommon, is an advantage in some situations
Scream, mon-keigh!  Scream for your emperor!  He cannot hear your cries, cannot save you from eternal torment at the hands of my haemonculi!  Which reminds me...  I need new bedsheets...

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #7 on: June 6, 2005, 08:14:44 PM »

Leaping warriors=turn 3 assualt
Winged warriors=turn 2 assualt
Winged ones won't always reach the enemy by turn two. The relative number of games in which it takes them three turns despite of leaping is interesting here.

Offline mithrilforge

• Do or do not,there is no try !
« Reply #8 on: June 6, 2005, 09:42:32 PM »
(Still kinda on topic) what do peeps use to model wings on Warriors ??? can you get plastic wings small enough to do the job ???

Mithril

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #9 on: June 7, 2005, 07:05:06 AM »
(Still kinda on topic) what do peeps use to model wings on Warriors ??? can you get plastic wings small enough to do the job ???

Mithril

Try the GW online bits order, look for wings there.

~MTWC