News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: IG ratios  (Read 2859 times)

Offline Delone

• I'm back
IG ratios
« on: March 24, 2002, 08:43:28 AM »
How much people do you think play IG?  Is there A LOT, like the SM's(40% of the community)??  Or is it like 20%  ???

Offline Grim Stalker

• Ancient
  • Honour and Duty
    • Grim Stalker's Imperial Guard
Re:IG ratios
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2002, 08:51:35 AM »
thats a good idea...

i wish GW would do like a global count and see what armies people own.

i would say if SM is 40% - other armies 60% - how many armies are there like 15 - making it 4% for each army, so lets say:

4% for IG  (BAD)

grim

Offline Delone

• I'm back
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2002, 09:07:16 AM »
Ouch, that is low  :'(  Sad eh?  Don't know why everyone doesn't like IG!  I like the vehicles, the troops are OK...except they don't have masks or something to cover their faces(or do they?!?!  Can you choose what kind of head?!?!)  

I don't know what kind of IG I'll get though...hmm...

Offline Grim Stalker

• Ancient
  • Honour and Duty
    • Grim Stalker's Imperial Guard
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2002, 09:23:05 AM »
hmmm delone man

you can have your own regiment.

you can buy cadians and use green stuff to MAKE masks. Use you imagination.

for inspiration check out pg. 28 and 29 of your IG codex...

grim

Offline Delone

• I'm back
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2002, 09:42:08 AM »
Heheh, I was thinking I was going to have to make my own masks  8)  Yup, all 100 of them  :-\  Hahah, lotsa masks to make ;)  Better go get some GS!!

Offline Major BigBadOgryn

• Major
  • Our pride is service, our duty is to die.
    • the best IG site on the net
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2002, 02:20:29 PM »
or, chop off your IG heads, and switch them for tallarn heads, dont ask me how to get the tallarns, or what to do with their decapitated bodies :)

Member Board 18 Chain of Command

From now until forever they shall utter our names. "Brave men," they'll say, "who fought for home and hearth; who stood proud when no light was left to see, when lands were drowned in blood. Strong men," they'll say, "who gave until their deaths."

Offline Delone

• I'm back
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2002, 07:43:56 AM »
Hahaha, I could do that :)  Yes...but what about those bodies....I have no clue what I will do with 40 headless bodies....AND NO!!  I ain't putting them as tropheys :)

Offline Major BigBadOgryn

• Major
  • Our pride is service, our duty is to die.
    • the best IG site on the net
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2002, 03:55:38 PM »
lol, sell them to the local chaos guy for trophies/battle scenery :)

Member Board 18 Chain of Command

From now until forever they shall utter our names. "Brave men," they'll say, "who fought for home and hearth; who stood proud when no light was left to see, when lands were drowned in blood. Strong men," they'll say, "who gave until their deaths."

Offline lastrati

• I'm not a llama!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2002, 04:30:48 PM »
Or you could use Steel Legion figs.  They all have gas masks.

In order of local popularity, I see:

Space Marines-roughly 60 to 75% of players at local tourneys use these guys.  Most of us seem to own a Space Marine army, even if it isn't our first choice of force to play

Eldar-About half as many folks play Eldar as do Space Marines, the other armies.  Maybe 30%?

Dark Eldar-Varies widely over time from 15% to 5% of folks at tournament games.

Imperial Guard-Thanks to the Armored Company, these guys are becoming far more popular, sometimes as much as 20% of tourney players will use IG, usually, however, it is only around 5 to 10%.  I rarely see standard Codex armies though (besides mine)

Orks (mostly speed freaks)-Tied with IG actually.  

Tyranids (rapidly on the increase since the codex was released)-Used to be rarer than Orks and IG, but now much more common.

Chaos-Rare to see them

Tau-Growing quickly.  Should soon surpass IG in frequency.  I just wish people would paint their armies as fast as they expand them ;)

Sisters of Battle-Only seen one in action

Necrons-only seen one in action

Not very scientific, but that is the approximate frequency I have seen.  Thing is, a lot of long-time gamers own multiple armies.  I have a decent ork force, but I don't use them in tournament play due to the "non-GW" pieces, grossly oversized conversions, and so forth.  

Offline Delone

• I'm back
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2002, 05:54:53 PM »
Yes, 'Nids and Tau are going crazy.  They are both nasty races!  One in HtH, other in range!!  Really scarey to play against ;)  Even though 'Nids get wasted against SM...NOO!!  MY GAUNTS!!  DAMN THOSE BLOODY PLASMA CANNONS!!  :)  ;D

Offline Staatz

• Pip Boy 2000!
    • WarHam Glazed
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2002, 08:42:23 PM »
The was a place called battle results that had the populaterty and win ratios.. IG was right behind eldar acctually