News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1750 GT list pending small changes  (Read 301 times)

Offline Buggus

• To know life is to hold another...
1750 GT list pending small changes
« on: March 31, 2007, 10:50:34 PM »
Hey all,

I have been playing around with the guard codex for awhile now trying to think of what I would like to take to a GT.

Doctrine

Carapace
Grenadiers
Drop Troops
Jungle Fighters/Light Infantry
Last spot MTY

HQ  Pending

Jo

Gear Pending/short on points IE 20 points

Inquisitor Lord Ash  143
Psycannon, Targeter, Termy Amour, Psychic Hood, Null Rod, Melta Bombs.

Retinue  147
2x Familiars, 1x Hierpphant, 3x Acolyte-Auspex 1, 2x sage, 1x Mystic, 3x warrior- Gun Ser-3x heavy Bolter's.

Elites  260

Hardened Veterans  165
3x Melta Guns
Vet Serg, Power fist, Las pistol, Trade Mark item.

Carapace armour/Drop troops/Infiltrate

Assassin-Evasor  95

TROOPS  842

Grenadiers  120
2x special weapon, flamers or plasma guns

Chimera  93
H-bolter,H-Bolter, X-armour, Smoke

Grenadiers  120
2x Specail weapons, flamers or plasma guns

Chimera   93
H-bolter,H-Bolter, X-armour, Smoke

Inquisitorial Stormtroopers  150
2x plasma Guns
Vet, plasm pistol, Melta Bombs,

Rhino, x-armour,smoke  58

Inquisitorial Stormtroopers  150
2x plasma Guns
Vet, Plasma pistol, Melta Bombs

Rhino, x-armour, smoke  58

FAST ATTACK  48

Sentinel, Heavy Flamer, x-armour, Smoke,  48

HEAVY SUPPORT  250

Basilisk  125
Indirect Fire

Basilisk  125
Indirect Fire

Change will come with what I have to work with, plus the knowledge from all of you guys. Lot of things that I can do to this unit and might just end up doing before its all said and done.

HQ, I would like to keep the jo to a limited role for the fluff part of the army list. He was more less given some gear and his squad and informed he was to do as the lord request per the senior officer.

Lord, I am still on a toss up being that his gear is not set in stone. Himself and his ret are also the main part of this armies fluff. His fluff is anti psychic and will have a full write up on that.

Change out would be just the weapon to a Incinerator. Then the three Servitors would revert back to vets with flamer's. I would then arm the Acolytes with bolter's for rapid fire str to the first round of fire from the chimera unload. Four flamer temps and three rapid fire bolter's plus the other las pistols from the ret.

ELITES

Vet unit will either infiltrate and or drop down for some rear end action. If the mission does not allow either, they will have some back up in the form of the Evasor.

Evasor- Depending on the army I face, he will have two roles. He will either be back up for foot slogging troops, or he will be looking for toughness 6 plus mobs. If nothing else, will be on the hunt for fast moving hth units or tank hunting with melta bombs.

Callidus is nice and all and I love everything she has to offer. It just sick when your Evasor goes on the rampage and kills three wraithlords and then finish off a units of guard with hq and onto a units of wraithguard, which he managed to kill off as well. Then again that Callidus does have a lot to offer and most people seeing a Deamonhunter ally will be thinking Callidus is in the waiting. Mind set would help my army come across little better as warmly, go figure....

TROOPS

Storm troopers mostly for rushing the other army and rapid firing into units that give me hell. Back up will either be hth, ie weak armies or tank killing with melta bombs/krak.

Grenadiers will be looking for flame action in the chim or if foot sloggin plasma killing/take and hold ground.

FAST ATTACK

I would like to have more of these in my army, just points don't let me. Lone Sent with a flamer, yes I know I should have a multi laser and if I rework the list, I will have it. This guys main role will be to tie up assault units IE str 3, or take and hold ground. If needed pop out and flame something that he is near.

HEAVY SUPPORT

2x Basilisk. Main concern is units behind terrain attacking me. If I can not get to them in time, I am going to need a fall back plan. These guys will either be dropping the pie's around or looking to kill some tanks that are good size. Oh ya, does anybody know the living metal rule for the monos vs ordnance. Do I still get the 2d6 or is it removed, because all the information that I have read talks about xtra str attacks. From my understand its str plus one dice. Does this differ with Ordnance being its not a matter of xtra str damage.

If I do change all this out, here is a quick run down of what I might look at.

HQ

Jo plus gear

Lord,, change to the incinerator drop the targeter.

ret with servitors reverting to vets with flammer, acolyte would have bolter's, maybe more on them if points permit. Being that the lord has termy armour, would I drop two from my ret to allow him to ride in the chimera?

ELITES,,, keep as is

Troops,

Inquis units Might change out plasma to melta guns

Grenadiers would have to huff it, IE drop the chimera from both

FAST ATTACK

Lone Sent might be upgrade to a lascannon or multi laser unless you guys think the flamer fits his lot in life.

HEAVY SUPPORT

One basilisk

One, either Battle tank or Demolisher for rushing forward.

Give me a run down on what you all think. I really want to have this army as a fluff army and not really looking to have it any other way. I could go ebil, but that would be ebil and I like to have a great comp score and sport score over all.

The Daemonic leads to two crimes. You turn away from the path of righteousness and I just crapped a big one in the bowl again, anybody know the location for the scrubber. Hey brother bethel, wait come back i need the scrubber dammit. oh ya... you abandon the Emperor as the object of your Devotion. For the first, death is merely a just retribution. The second is Heresy so terrible that no punishment can be Sufficient. Dam, maybe I did find a sufficient punishment. swirly, ya...

Offline Wofen

• The lone Wolf
Re: 1750 GT list pending small changes
« Reply #1 on: April 1, 2007, 05:40:21 AM »
I cant help with most your list as I dont know the =][= at all, but I can help you with the Lith Question.

If it helps pen the lith in any shape or form, it is removed.
All extar dice are removed. If anyone tells you differently, it says something along those exact lines in the Necron FAQ. (some like "if it helps kill it, it does not work")

Wofen
Back again after 5 years.....

Offline Major. Witham

• Major
  • 'Sound off like you got a pair!'
« Reply #2 on: April 1, 2007, 01:22:09 PM »
I like your theme.

Some people slag off Inquisitorial/Guard armies something rotten, but i think they are perfectly fitting and fluff friendly.

The vets with the melta guns I would use as deep strikers definately. That being the case, i would also dump all the wargear and cut the squad down to the minimum number of troops. They will be a one use 'suicide' unit - dont expect them to survive, so theres no need for all those extra points to go up in flames with them.

I'm a big fan of the Eversor. I consider him a good choice.

I'd go with plasma guns for your Grenadiers as they are generally the most useful weapon.

I wouldnt really bother with extra armour and smoke for the sentinel, hes just too weak. Its only a few points however, so go with what pleases you.

I'm not a massive fan of Basilisks - which is not to say I'm suggesting they arent any good - I just prefer the tougher and more versitile LRBT.
"Sir! Looks like were surrounded!"

"Were Drop Troops soldier - Were supposed to be surrounded!"

Offline Buggus

• To know life is to hold another...
« Reply #3 on: April 2, 2007, 12:05:38 AM »
Elite section of my list...

Hardened Vets,

I picked this unit size because I think it will last little longer with the gear it has. If it can not infiltrate and or drop in, I am going to have to huff it. In that I will have the Evasor around to back them up and keep a major hth mob off them. I would also have the two Grenadiers to back them up on foot as well. This gives me something to hold ground with and return fire with a nice assault in it if needed.

I was thinking of dropping them to two five man units with melta guns. That would save me some points. Then again I was more less trying to get a good eye of something that would come across as a fun list to play against. Then again in GT I see people tooling everything out to the max. Reason I keep thinking this list is not going to cut it.

Do any of you guys run this unit in a Chimera? I saw it once but it did nothing to my foot slogging marine army.
The Daemonic leads to two crimes. You turn away from the path of righteousness and I just crapped a big one in the bowl again, anybody know the location for the scrubber. Hey brother bethel, wait come back i need the scrubber dammit. oh ya... you abandon the Emperor as the object of your Devotion. For the first, death is merely a just retribution. The second is Heresy so terrible that no punishment can be Sufficient. Dam, maybe I did find a sufficient punishment. swirly, ya...