News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Post your chapter ideas here  (Read 97492 times)

Offline Beany

• Too much booze can make you a bit nutty
Re: Post your chapter ideas here
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2008, 11:00:09 AM »
Name: Phoinex gaurd
Second founding of the raven gaurd
Known for daring airbourne attacks using assault marines
Chapter master: Altius
Colours dark orange with gold trim

Master Altius is known to regulary take to the field accompanied with his veteran assault marines along with his trusted advisor master of sancity Solus. They have been known to break many a siege with their devastating assaults. and to this day they still bring the light of the phoinix to the dark reaches of the galaxy

Offline Malkir

« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2008, 10:00:16 PM »
Here's one I've been working on for a while and am considering writing a few stories for.

Name: Imperial Heralds
Symbol: Burning Torch
Traits: Cleanse and Purify, Purity Above All, Eye to Eye, Have Pride in Your Colours.
Homeworld: Originally Colchis, now fleet.
History: The Heralds are a chapter that was made from the small sample of Geneseed from a group of Marines from the Word Bearers Legion who survived the Heresy while remaining loyal to the Emperor. They are just now regaining full strength and due to their suspect Geneseed are overseen by the Ordo Hereticus(Think Comissars in IG). They have an obsession with flame and with Illuminating "heathen races" with the truth of the Imperial Cult. Despite this they are extroardinarilly humble and absolutely convinced their chapter is damned due to the sins of their Primarch and work more zealously than any other chapter to avert this.

Offline Ensis Ferrae

« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2008, 07:59:53 PM »
Here's one I've been working on for a while and am considering writing a few stories for.

Name: Imperial Heralds
Symbol: Burning Torch
Traits: Cleanse and Purify, Purity Above All, Eye to Eye, Have Pride in Your Colours.
Homeworld: Originally Colchis, now fleet.
History: The Heralds are a chapter that was made from the small sample of Geneseed from a group of Marines from the Word Bearers Legion who survived the Heresy while remaining loyal to the Emperor. They are just now regaining full strength and due to their suspect Geneseed are overseen by the Ordo Hereticus(Think Comissars in IG). They have an obsession with flame and with Illuminating "heathen races" with the truth of the Imperial Cult. Despite this they are extroardinarilly humble and absolutely convinced their chapter is damned due to the sins of their Primarch and work more zealously than any other chapter to avert this.

wow, this definitely sounds like a chapter to expound the fluff on. have you come up with a symbol for the left shoulder guard yet? if you have, u should def post a pic of it

Offline Arkion

« Reply #203 on: April 12, 2008, 10:28:50 PM »
Angels of Brimstone

Homeworld: Gargendos III, now Fleet-based.
Active Patrol: Segmentum Solar: Nyad, Nymph, Centaur Subsectors.
Current strength: 3 active 'Brotherhoods,' roughly equivalent to standard Companies.  3 Reserve Brotherhoods. Apothecarium.  Librarium.  6 Chapter Masters.  Unknown vehicles.
Geneseed: Classified unstable after investigation by Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Gremmel Graa'at, M39.903.  No further action undertaken.

The Angels of Brimstone were created in M39.484 by order of the High Lords of Terra.  Founded from gene-seed tithes made by the Marauders chapter (and thusly descended from Primarch Khan), the chapter was to play a specific role in safe-guarding Departmento Munitorium strongholds along the Galactic Hub from xenos classified as 'hab devils.'
   The Angels of Brimstone were given an inordinate amount of plasma technology, including command of four Shadowsword superheavy tanks, to combat the hab devil threat.  <A record of their campaign may be accessed with Magenta authorization.>
   Ultimately, Mars declared the campaign a failure and withdrew their losses.  There was much controversy surrounding this action, mostly from those who had settled on the now-vacant hab devil worlds of Setirii and Vazzparian.  At least nine hab devil worlds remained uncontested, and the settlers feared reprisal.  Mars' response was to assemble the 950th Garrison Army <see Imperial Guard Garrison Armies M41390-400> and deploy it to Setirii.
   In M41394, the Angels of Brimstone were re-assigned to patrolling Nyad, Nymph, and Centaur Subsectors.  Due to their small size and their imperfect geneseed, they have received little support from Terra.  Rumors also persist that the chapter is in open war with the Blood Angels, though inquiries as to the rumors' truth have been met with silence.

Offline Tarvitz

• {Haway the toon}
« Reply #204 on: April 15, 2008, 08:20:19 PM »
Kinda cheesy but

Name: Loyalist Emperors Children
Symbol: Pre-heresy Emperors Children (clever eh?)
Homeworld: Chemos
Background: The Legion's history begins with the descent of their Primarch Fulgrim to the resource-poor world of Chemos, where strict rationing and improvisation were necessary to sustain life. It was decided to spare the infant and when Fulgrim grew to manhood he set about reviving his dying world. Old technology was restored, lost areas reclaimed, and the people of Chemos were able to spend time on art and culture. Fulgrim took pride in this, as he harboured a love of perfection in all things.

When the Emperor first arrived on Chemos Fulgrim swore fealty to him instantly, and was placed at the head of his Legion. An accident had destroyed nearly all of the Emperor's Children's gene-seed, leaving only a tiny force of 200 Marines. Fulgrim addressed them upon their first meeting, stating that they would go out into the Galaxy and spread the wisdom of the Emperor. "We are His children," the Book of Primarchs relates he told them, "Let all who look upon us know this. Only by imperfection can we fail him. We will not fail!" The 3rd Legion were named the Emperor's Children from that day, and the Emperor also bestowed on them the right to bear the Imperial Eagle upon their armour, the only Legion allowed to do so. As they were so few in number, the Emperor's Children were placed under the command of the Primarch Horus of the Luna Wolves until they were a large enough formation to crusade independently. Horus and Fulgrim grew close to one another, with eventual dire consequences for the Imperium...

Swollen by new recruits drawn from Chemos and Terra, the Emperor's Children finally mustered the strength to undertake a crusade alone, and Fulgrim proudly led his warriors into the unknown. To many worlds he brought the rule of the Emperor, crushing any resistance in the certain knowledge that any who fought against the Emperor fought against Humanity itself. From the growing ranks of his Legion, Fulgrim selected a few individuals, the bravest, strongest and noblest, to become Lord Commanders, each given authority over the Company commanders. Fulgrim taught the Lord Commanders personally, taking care that they were worthy of the honour of being the representatives of the Emperor. In turn the Lord Commanders passed Fulgrim's words on to the officers under their command, and they to their squads. In this way, through their leaders, each Space Marine of the Emperor's Children Legion followed the Emperor himself. To honour the Emperor, they strove for perfection in all things: battlefield doctrine was obeyed to the letter, tactics and strategy were studied in minute detail and perfected, and the Emperor's decrees were memorised by every Space Marine, adhered to in every way. While the Emperor's Children, like most legions, considered the Emperor a man, not a god, their reverence and adoration for him bordered on the fanatical.

This wish to achieve perfection met its martial zenith during the Cleansing of Laeran, where the Emperor's Children met an alien foe that offensively echoed their ideals. The Laer were judged so formidable by the Adeptus Administratum that it was feared any attempt to subjugate them would take over a decade. The Emperor's Children scoured them from their home-system in a month. This titanic effort was a notable feat of arms perhaps achievable only by Fulgrim's legion. However, it cost them dear; 700 marines perished with over 4,200 being injured.
Commander: Saul tarvitz -  As the level of treachery within Horus and Fulgrim became apparent Tarvitz placed himself in the line of fire by willingly going to Isstvan III. There he and all suspected loyalist members would be betrayed by Horus. Horus ordered the bombardment of the planet, but Tarvitz, along with Garviel Loken and Tarik Torgaddon of the Luna Wolves, managed to turn the loyalist survivors into a cohesive fighting force. This "line officer" turned a planned slaughter into a full-scale battle, confounding the great Primarchs themselves. This true child of the Emperor seems to have met his fate on Isstvan III.

Oi Lucious, you've got some s'plainin' tooooo doooooo

Offline Latalis

• ABSENT TILL MY RETURN Ride of the Valkyries
« Reply #205 on: May 1, 2008, 08:55:30 AM »
Chapter Name: Storm Brothers
Symbol: A Sword with Lightning around it
Colours: Dark Grey with Light Blue Trims
Battle Cry:“Strike Once, Strike Hard, And Never Again”   
                         also used as a Salute – Marine #1 – Strike Once
                                                         Marine #2 – Strike Hard
                                                        Together – And Never Again

More common is just “Strike”

Doctrines: None
Home World: [Perkons] – Destroyed – Now is purely Fleet Based.

Background:  W.I.P

Current Strength: 400 Pts

Veteran-Sergeant Graze
« Last Edit: May 1, 2008, 08:57:17 AM by Latalis »
ABSENT TILL MY RETURN.

We stand alone, this band of brothers

Offline Cadain

« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2008, 05:50:03 PM »
Name:- The Spartan Knights
Symbol:- Wing holding a sword (Ravenwing)
Colours:- Bleached Bone armour, Blood Red helemt and shoulders, Enchanted Blue weapons
Homeworld:- Spartarius Prime (Secmentum Temptus)
Background:- W.I.P

Current Strength 400 points and steadily recruiting

(not the best of photo's but am learning my new digicam)
live life to the full take the challenge

Offline muzzyman1981

« Reply #207 on: June 16, 2008, 01:23:24 PM »
Name:- Wolves of Fenris
Symbol:- Rearing wolf with crossed sword behind (chainsword)
Colours:- Light grey with black trim
Homeworld:- Fenris (patrols area outter-reaches of Space Wolf territory)
Background:- WIP
The above is just my opinion unless specifically stated, so deal with it or move on...

Offline simonightmare

« Reply #208 on: June 20, 2008, 12:03:39 PM »

Here's my guys;

The Thirteenth Dominion

Symbol;

This skull...

:P

Homeworld - Choronzon

Background - WIP

Chapter Master - Mordred Grimm

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #209 on: July 9, 2008, 06:51:33 AM »
I hope this is the rightplace.

Why the Second legion disappeared.(possible name the Enlightened?)

The Second Primarch was whisked away like his 19 other Brothers. But instead
of being send to a war torn planet, he was send to the planet Gautama, were
people followed the Buddhist believes. He was found by local Buddhist Monks,
Instantly noticing that this kid was special they names him Siddhartha,
after Buddha himself, He was taken to temple and trained  in the Buddhist
teachings and the martial arts. He bested all comers with his martial
skill but he was known for his kindness and piety.

When The Emperor finally landed he did not find are hardened fighter but a
peacefull spiritual leader. I know why you have come father, i will try to
bring peace to this stricken universe. And During the great Crusade he was
several times criticised by the Emperor by not taken a planet by force. Most
of his planets were gained by peacetreaties and mutual pacts even with
Aliens! (most of these planets were taken back forcefully after the Horus
Heresy and the Xenos filth was eradicated). Siddhartha, became more and more
disenchanted with his Fathers ways, He thought he found in Horus someone
with the same convictions, But after Davin Horus Changed, And Siddhartha
knew That Horus lost his way. Siddhartha tried to reason With Horus, but
after almost a fight broke out between Abbadon and Siddhartha, Siddhartha
removed himself from the crusade, He sent a message to the emperor, but the
Chaos powers made sure that message reached the emperor all Garbled up. The
Only thing the Emperor and His staff could make from it is that His Pacifist
Son and his chapter had gone rogue. Angry because of his son's treachery he
commanded that all records of Siddhartha chapter should be deleted from the
records. (the emperor did not know yet of Horus treachery and Siddhartha was
low on the emperors favourite son's list). He called for a strike on
Siddhartha's home world, but by the time the Army reached Gautama the
population was gone. Siddhartha and his fleet were allready on his way to
uncharted space.

Ideas for the army;
Dark Angel and certain Black Templar bodies would be perfect as Battle
Monks, Scouts would be more difficult as they need all to have shave head
and monk robes (eastern style). Close combat weapons could inspired by
ancient Indian weapons and/or Chinese budhist armies. Color would light
orange.

Rules?
Well there should be a dice roll for battle to determine if there is a fight
at all! so if the roll would succeed (for example on a 6) there would be
peacefull resolution resulting in a draw (Damn no battle :p) Furthermore
Siddhartha army will always go second as they only fight back when fired
upon.

Ideas suggestions, fluffwise and conversions are appreciated
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline Shaviv

• Mad Science Project of the Week, and musings
« Reply #210 on: July 22, 2008, 05:34:57 PM »
This one is unfluffy, I know.

Name: D Company
Symbol: a jagged silver sword, point down, diagonally across a green circle.
Chapter Traits: Trust your Battle-Brothers, Suffer Not, Aspire to Glory, Die Standing
Homeworld: Various/None

This company was formed by a renegade Space Marine officer, formerly Brother-Captain Gideon but now known merely as Gideon, who objected to the Ecclesiarchy's use of its authority to damn whole chapters and send them off on a hopeless crusade to liberate demon-worlds in the Eye of Terror (borrowed from the 5e BRB). Like-minded soldiers, initiates, navigators and Tech-marines quietly took over a few of the smaller ships in their crusade fleet, arranging for loyalists to be sent to other ships or, if necessary, fragged in secrecy. The renegades then changed course and accelerated away into the void.

On regrouping, Gideon took stock and found that he had barely a third of a chapter's strength. His renegades had been largely unable to liberate heavy armor, and only a handful of Dreadnoughts had shared their convictions. Unless they managed to purchase or... otherwise acquire more and better wargear, they would be restricted to small, light and fast forces. This, as well as the knowledge that the forces of the Imperium would be forever his enemies, led him to declare to his forces that they would operate in the fringes of Imperial space, perhaps outside of known space; and would be as mercenaries, performing hit-and-run attacks or providing supplemental firepower with the full force of Space Marine tactics (and a somewhat narrowed selection of wargear) to rogues or Xenos races, for an appropriate fee.

Still faithful to the Emperor, the men of D Company feel that the Imperium has cast them out for guilt that was not theirs; but they are determined not to fall prey to Chaos. Still, Gideon and his inner circle know that it's only a matter of time before his company is annihilated or, worse, turned to the darkness.
Festering Socks and Unwashed Hair: A Guardsman's Memoir, by Gunner Ferik Jurgen, IG (ret.). Available at your local scriptorium - buy it today!

Looking for players' groups in central NJ. Drop me a line? :3

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #211 on: July 22, 2008, 07:52:50 PM »

I quite like this, myself. It's a very unique idea, even if I prefer people leaving the missing Primarchs alone.

Offline Another Random Geek

• Grot
« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2008, 09:19:53 PM »
Rules?
Well there should be a dice roll for battle to determine if there is a fight
at all! so if the roll would succeed (for example on a 6) there would be
peacefull resolution resulting in a draw (Damn no battle :p) Furthermore
Siddhartha army will always go second as they only fight back when fired
upon.

Well, I do think that if you are serious about the peaceful resolution rule, then you should consider modifying it a bit if you want it to be "fluffy." I'd say that you could classify the diffrent armies of 40k into 3 diffrent groups for this rule. Reasonable, Intolerant, and Hateful.

Reasonable races would agree to peace on a roll of 5 or 6

The Tau and Kroot would be considered "reasonable"

Intolerant races would only agree to a truce on a roll of 6.

The Imperial Guard, Space Wolves, Vanilla Marines, and Craftworld Eldar would be considered intolerant.

Hateful Races would never agree to a truce. Because of this, Siddhartha can have the first turn against Hateful Forces.

Black Templars, Dark Angels, Demon Hunters, Witch Hunters, Chaos Space Marines, Deamons, Orks, Dark Eldar and Tyranids would all be classified as hateful.

Or you could just play them as a themed Marine Army. It would be pretty lame to drive all the way to your local hobby shop/friend's house only to roll a 6 and have no game to play!  :P

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #213 on: July 23, 2008, 06:57:08 AM »
Quote from: Khemri. link=topic=81485.msg2014311#msg2014311
I quite like this, myself. It's a very unique idea, even if I prefer people leaving the missing Primarchs alone.
[/quote

Well most ideas are unlikely, this story has at least a logic reason for it.
It is was something i cooked up thinking of a reason that there are 2 deleted chapters (although the more logical reason would be that the emperor found the primarchs and that they were allready turned to chaos and thus the emperor destroyed all evidence of their existance)

Another Random Geek
nice idea but first turn would not work as i have a main rule that they never attack first.

well if you roll a 6 one game finished, 10 seconds later next game ::)
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline jaren

« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2008, 08:16:37 AM »
Name: Crimson Imortalis
Symbol: Black wings with a cross in the center (think Blood angels but replace the drop with a cross)
Chapter Traits: Combat Squads, no pity! no remorse! no fear! i haven't decided on any others yet.
Homeworld: Kael’un
Background: The Crimson Imortalis Chapter of the space marines is a 21st founding successor chapter to the Blood Angels. In the middle of the 41st millennium the Glorious emperor saw fit to call for further chapters of space marines to reinforce the eastern fringes of the empire to further fortify against the Xenos threat that lies there.

Receiving this call to arms, Dante felt it was time to give to the emperor once again. Calling forth one of the most faithful chaplains, Geoph Calindan Dante gave him the Charge to form the chapter as the chapter master.

Geoph was to have his choice of 50 Brothers to form the new Chapter. Once on his way to the new Capital world of Kael’un in his newly renamed Battle Barge the Forge of Victory, Geoph took his apothecaries aside and told them his vision for the Crimson Imortalis there would only be 500 marines, a small number but highly trained, they would be the match for any enemy that may come before them. A large cadre of ‘Potentials’ Battle-brothers will hold the line alongside the ‘proven’. The potentials will hold their position along side the proven until a proven should fall in battle then the next potential in the line of succession shall take the 500th position of succession.

Succession is a numerical order decided by the chaplain trainers for all potentials as they are inducted into the chapter all proven will use the order the became proven for their order of succession.

No brother aside from the priests shall drink the blood of Sanguinius, all others shall be created as stated in the Codex Astartes.

No Commander shall be so arrogant as to take a command retinue for fighting with their men in the thick of battle shall be the highest honor, the veterans of many campaigns shall lead the less experienced battle brothers, forgoing fighting in veteran squads, but passing on their experience to the younger proven.

Crimson Imortalis Doctrine will be that of the quick and decisive strike, allow the enemy to come where you want them and strike them from all sides with all your might. Retreat is unacceptable for that is the utmost of dishonor.

*Unwritten but decided fluff*

rage of the immortal warrior; if the unit wins the combat he must make an additional moral with a minus one for every two units you won by, if you fail the save you are in a blood rage and must assault the nearest unit the next turn

Librarians are impossible in the Crimson Fists since without drinking the blood since the proven go insane during the psychic change.

All HQ units must start game attached to a single troop choice.

**That is it for the fluff for now more to come**
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 09:28:44 AM by jaren »
if anyone has some close combat weapons and/or bolt pistols please let me know.

Offline Marchosias

« Reply #215 on: August 1, 2008, 07:37:48 AM »
Name: Omega Chapter
Symbol: An inverted Ultramarines "U". Colors are as seen in my picture- primary black, secondary silver- I oscillate between chainmail and and boltgun metal depending on the unit/quality & cleanliness of armor/etc.
Chapter Traits: Honor Your Wargear, Trust Your Battle Brothers, Eye to Eye, Have Faith in Suspicion
Homeworld: The original is across the galaxy from the Ultramarines, way out in the Segmentum Obscurus, but has since been lost, and the Chapter is almost entirely fleet based- keeping just a few outposts and recruitment/training centers.
Background: After the second founding, the marines of Omega left to take their post across the Emperor's realm from their brother Ultramarines. Even though descended from the original followers of Guilliman's teachings, time and extreme distance has notably diverged this chapter from its parent.

Seeing the warp in all its forms as a direct route to Chaos, the chapter declined to take any Librarians with them on their journey. This belief was later reinforced when a rogue psyker self destructed on their home planet whilst most of the chapter was away- the subsequent warp storms that were summoned completely destroyed the planet.

The main tactical doctrine of the chapter is to apply excessive force at the critical point of the battle. For this reason, they make frequent use of Assault Marines, Devastator Marines, tactical Terminators, sniper scouts, Whirlwinds, and drop pods, but only a small contingent of land speeders are fielded, and bikes aren't even in the armory. The fast marines are used to get to the hard to reach places in the enemy battle line, whilst the longer range weapons pick and choose their targets to lay down a hail of overwhelming fire.

With their close proximity to the Eye of Terror, the tactical doctrine is especially suited (in their minds) to taking on the Traitors- a significant part of the force closes with lightning speed to take the fight to them, while the other significant part of the force puts as much fire on the Traitors as possible.
4500pts Omega Chapter
"Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none." - SM Codex
"The Emperor Protects....66% of the time." - Deathklok
Why we almost always win.

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #216 on: August 1, 2008, 08:14:57 PM »
 not to burst your bubble but the omega marines allready exist
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Space_Marine_Chapters
my projects;

Offline Marchosias

« Reply #217 on: August 10, 2008, 06:03:12 AM »
Right. The "Omega Marines" already exist, but not the Omega Chapter.
4500pts Omega Chapter
"Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none." - SM Codex
"The Emperor Protects....66% of the time." - Deathklok
Why we almost always win.

Offline dragon lord15

« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2008, 05:58:11 PM »
The Steel Talons

Name: The Emperors Talons
Symbol: A wing holding a sword
Chapter Traits: No Mercy, No Respite, Have faith in suspicion
Home world:
Background: The Steel Talons are believed to be a second founding of the Raven Guard, renowned for their dual tactics of bombarding the enemy lines with artillery and bolter fire, then finishing off the stunned survivors with agile assault marine squads and land raider bourne assault terminator squads.

In the 8th century of the 39th millennium disaster struck the chapter, the 7th and 8th companies, who were embroiled in bitter fighting against chaos incursions in the Argos Sigma cluster, fell to the lure of Nurgle fled to the eye of terror. This betrayal caused many inquisitorial factions to question the remaining marines loyalty. The Steel Talons strive to prove their loyalty by accompanying crusading fleets in chapter strength to eradicate the taint of chaos from as many planets as possible

Offline Tobias

• The Lion's Pride
« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2008, 11:23:20 PM »
I have recently started collecting dark angels and have come up with an idea for my army which is not a successor chapter but rather a strike force force. If you don't mind a bit of a read you can look here http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=168433.0

Name: The Lion's Pride

Symbol: See my Avatar

Traits: As Dark Angels

Home World: they don't have a home world, the strike force is contained within a massive imperial cruiser.

Background: Formed by Azrael to find the lost primarch Lion El' Jonson whom he believes is imprisoned by chaos. Lead by Commander Tobias a mixture of deathwing, ravenwing & normal dark angel forces searches a distant solar system that chaos have turned into a penal colony for imperial prisoners.