News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Post your chapter ideas here  (Read 134426 times)

Offline Dazzo

• Those who pay the piper get to call the tune
Re: Post your chapter ideas here
« Reply #180 on: September 28, 2007, 03:53:35 AM »
how do you amke the planets Huh Huh I gotta find out, they look so cool!
Having photoshop is a good place to start, you then need some plugins from flaming pear.

(ASP forums)
A high tide raises all boats

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Offline Two Blades as One, Samurai Ichirou

• Old men start wars; Young boys die in them.
« Reply #181 on: October 3, 2007, 06:20:35 PM »
are there any ways to do it with out photoshop, cuz id rather do it at home than on my schools computer.
Still I lay cold, my soul seeks light / my eyes are tired; my heart's last fight
Around my shell of wood and cloth / trickle sound of wound and loss.
Broken voices of tears and cry's / sorrow and love for a Nation's son's life.
Mother and Father alone in thought. / Of the bravery and pain in the battle we fought.
We move slowly we three welcomed home. / A parade of silence, hands and flags wave
Above our bodies, they gather as on, / Along this highway of heroes for two seconds of light.

Offline Dazzo

• Those who pay the piper get to call the tune
« Reply #182 on: October 4, 2007, 03:34:38 AM »
are there any ways to do it with out photoshop, cuz id rather do it at home than on my schools computer.
I dunno, what do you have at home?

(ASP forums)
A high tide raises all boats

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

« Reply #183 on: October 4, 2007, 07:57:42 AM »
nothing ;D, it doesn't matter i guess. I'll just do it on the schools copmputer.
 also, how do i put the images into the post, it doesn't seem to work for me.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2007, 11:34:25 AM by Two Blades as One, Samurai Ichirou »
Still I lay cold, my soul seeks light / my eyes are tired; my heart's last fight
Mother and Father alone in thought. / Of the bravery and pain in the battle we fought.
We move slowly we three welcomed home. / A parade of silence, hands and flags wave
Above our bodies, they gather as on, / Along this highway of heroes for two seconds of light.

Offline Sputnik

• Colonel, Best Painted Open Comp.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #184 on: October 8, 2007, 06:50:16 PM »
-=The Clyne Faction=-

(Tactical Marines are rarely deployed by the Clyne Faction as they favour swift hit and run attacks)

Homeworld: Unknown
Insignia: Haro
Chapter Traits: Be Swift as the Wind, We Stand Alone

Background: Founded after Horus' besiegement of Earth, the Clyne Faction has long since splintered from the orthodoxy of the Imperium. The source of their apostacy may be traced to an incident during a battle near the Cadian Gate, wherein the Chapter was ordered to assault heavily fortified enemy positions. It's leader, whose original name has been lost to history, soon grew tired of war and seeing his comrades die namelessly in the name of a near-dead Emperor.

Then he heard, in the distance, a song. This song was one of peace, hope and love and the Commander immediately sought out its source. There did he meet the fabled Lacus Clyne, who had been watching the courageous actions of the Chapter from afar for a century. Recognizing true divinity when he saw it, the commander knelt before her and swore his new allegiance, for the song of Lacus promised true and ever-lasting peace between all peoples and species. In Lacus did the Commander find an abode against the neverending conflicts of the Imperium and he became known from that day forward as Haro, and all those who have crossed him since that day have come to know that true justice and peace is a force to fear.

The Clyne Faction has fought several battles against Inquisitorial forces that fear the beginnings of a new movement that defies the orthodoxy of the cult of the Dead Emperor. The Inquisition's propaganda consistently attempts to paint Lacus as both a Chaos diety and a traitor to mankind, and on many worlds the recitation of the Song of Peace can result in an immediate death sentence.

The Faction has also drawn a great deal of hostility from the Machine Cult, which fears that the peaceloving ideals of the Clyne Faction will ultimately make their warmaking implements useless and obsolete.

In spite of this institutional opposition, however, the Clyne Faction has flourished and its message has spread to the reaches of the Imperium, with many converts flocking to Haro's banner from many fringe worlds. The Clyne Faction accepts any man or woman who is willing to cast aside the primitive and intolerant doctrines of the Dead Emperor and embrace the heavenly song of Lacus.

The Faction has also run afowl of the Ruinous Powers as well, with Khorne, disgusted with Lacus' doctrines of peace and fellowship and fearful of a day where blood is spilled upon his altars no more. He has thus sent many damned Legions against Haro's forces and, while the faith of Haro and his followers in the message of their Divine Lady has kept them from harm, the Faction must nonetheless always keep a wary eye poised towards the Warp.

Chapter Master Haro
All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

« Reply #185 on: October 8, 2007, 08:41:51 PM »
hehe, love the pink. Awesome job though!

Offline Arkion

« Reply #186 on: October 14, 2007, 04:25:33 PM »
Clyne Faction amuses me greatly.  Anyone got suggestions on a good color scheme for Space Weasels?  I'm finding my green scheme to be less than adequate ><

Offline Sukairaa

• "I see" said the blind man to his deaf wife
« Reply #187 on: January 2, 2008, 07:48:27 PM »
Name: Holy Guardians

Symbol: A white (or gold) shield with a white (or gold) cross over it

Chapter Traits: Purify Above All, Faithful Unto Death
Homeworld: Hailend, a small planet at the edge of the Imperium, war with the Tau and Chaos is often but not always

Founding: Ultramarine, Second Founding

Appearance: Each marine wears black armour with silver splash all over they (*drybush*) and golden shoulder and red skulls. The silver is to represent medieval armour they use to wore before they were Marines, the gold represent everything that is Holy and last the red is acutely blood of there fallen, marines are told to cover there skulls and wings of there brothers in there squad to show the lost they had in wars, at to remember they forever. Veterans sometimes completely cover themselves in red with only the helmets gold to represent that there vets.

Background: Called the Holy Guards for short, a recent second founding of the Ultramarines. The Holy Guardians are a religious group of marines, believing everything happends at the will of a unseen force, some believe is there Emperor himself controlling the universe. The Holy Guards planet is on the border of the Imperium, making it a target for rival forces but the plant has always stood until a recent event. Even more recent, the 4th, 5th and 7th Company betrayed the Chapter in a middle of a battle with a Chaos force on the homeworld, the new Chaos force then retreated after the original Chaos force started to lose. Since then they called themselves the Havoc Guardians (Note: This is my friends Chaos SM Army). For this, the Holy Guards have lost some 300 marines leaving it weak, luckily a Imperial Force arrived to help protect the planet until it fully healed (Note: This is my friends Imperial Army). Recently a new moon has been discovered, the 2nd, 8th and 10th Company were sent to investigate it, Tau forces were detected...

So... is this a good newbie chapter?

btw love the Haro thing, I mean come on, pink space marine? that kick ass, I'm serious

For the space weasels, put a light brown back with a yellow stomich like a weasel!
The most important rule of them all, to have fun, seems to be the one most players exploit without punishemt.

Offline Kezzerdrix

• A life lived for yourself isn't worth Living.
« Reply #188 on: January 7, 2008, 04:54:58 PM »
Does people still post stuff on this?
If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him.

Offline Alexander's Son

• Mentor - Newbies feel free to ask for any help.
    • Alexander Son's web page
« Reply #189 on: January 7, 2008, 04:58:19 PM »
Sukairaa posted just 5 days ago... so why not?
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #190 on: January 7, 2008, 05:18:13 PM »
It's a stickied thread, so the rules for thread-necromancy are a little different.

Offline Kezzerdrix

« Reply #191 on: January 7, 2008, 07:43:07 PM »
Wanna give that to me in English KHEMRI.

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #192 on: January 7, 2008, 08:17:36 PM »
Well, being a stickied thread, one of the ones permanently at the top, the rule relating to digging up old topics doesn't really apply. So you're free to add a reply whenever you want.

Generally it's because they're important threads to read, but they can also be a place to ask questions, get help, or -in this case- show off your Chapter.

Offline Kezzerdrix

« Reply #193 on: January 8, 2008, 07:43:29 AM »
Oh I see said the blind man. thanks for you information.

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
  • If all else fails, roll more dice!
« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2008, 05:12:44 PM »
Here's my chapter.

Name: The Unbound

Symbols: Shoulder insignia is 3 horizontal red slashes representing the blood stars as well as damage caused by animal claws.  The chapter has a animalistic theme, often represented by trophies, skins, and skulls attached to their armor or weapons.

Traits:  Take the fight to them, See but not seen, We stand alone, and Flesh over steel, depending on what portion of the chapter is encountered.  A typical skirmishing force will be composed almost entirely of infantry units capable of remarkable stealth, backed up by light vehicles and ordinance.  Large engagements may utilize the chapters small number of heavy vehicles and transports in a single detachment (may dump SbnS in some games going mech instead).

Homeworld: The Bloodstars.

History: The Unbound are derived from the Dark Angels, although the details are quite mysterious.  They have opted to keep the dark green armor color of their parent legion, but additionally paint their leg and shoulder trim white as bones.  Vehicles sometimes sport camo schemes as well.  The chapter makes a point of being anachronistic and stubbornly bucking astartes standards.  There are even rumors of chaos influence within the chapter, leading to the placement of several prominent chaplains in visible command positions.  The highest levels of command are actually held by psykers, leading to the unbound being eyed suspiciously by the inquisition.  They may eventually find themselves at odds with the imperium (good fluff for when i eventually play vs other imperial armies). 

Background:  The Unbound's homeworld was destroyed by severe warpstorms.  The remainder of the planet is primarily composed of 3 enormous asteroid fragments that have been blasted into an irregular and unpredictable orbit.  These objects are known as the blood stars and have been equipped with planetary-level defenses, cloaking devices, and enourmous star engines, effectively functioning as battleships on a colossal scale.  The planetoids have been heavily mined and contain a significant population of humanity living below their surfaces.  Marines are recruited from this population of typically violent, feral, tunnel people.  This lifestyle has led to the unbound's perfection of a number of specialized digging tools based on the melta gun and often employed while infiltrating close to an enemy.  Marines often display pale skin and prominent nails, inherited from this odd population of subteranean humans. 

Organization:  The chapter has many brave heroes and blooded veterans, despite it's youth (lots of veteran and termi squads).  Marines are organized into large squads, usually denoted by color codes(red squad, gold squad, etc).  The large veteran population means these squads are typically led by a veteran sargeant and are led by full command squads.  There is a shortage of ancient weaponry such as dreadnought armor, heavier tanks, and blessed plasma.  Marines favor melta weapons, but have access to many flamers and bolters.  Some of the unbound's armor and weaponry looks chaos patterned, but these are claimed to be trophies from past battles (modelling chaos legs and arms here and there).

Notable Characters:  Brother Viktor is a recently promoted chaplain who has been the most visible face of the chapter recently.  Viktor dislikes the empire in general and takes any investigation as a personal slight.  The chapter master, Bruin, as only rarely seen by outsiders.  He appears unexpectedly on larger battlefields, generally leading terminators. 

I've introduced a number of sargeant characters in my batreps:
Sargeant Jones leads the cc scout squad.  He's a grumpy, hairtrigger kind of guy who doesn't always listen to orders.  He also has been eaten by tyranid rippers a hilarious number of times.
Sargeants Maxus (of tac squad Red) and Titus (tac squad Silver) are both pretty much just badasses.  Typical arrogant marines, they've both been lucky models sometimes taking out entire units after the rest of their squad has died.

Painting the models in this thread: http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=152684.0
Battle reports with this chapter start here: http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=153911.0

EDITED:  vvvv Yeah, asteroids work better.  I'm imagining big moon-sized chunks of planet.  vvvv
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 10:38:45 AM by Deathpepper »

Batreps        Ork Models      Painting Blog

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2008, 07:59:38 PM »
nice idea, but comets? they will fall appart after enough passes near the sun, they are just dirty snowballs, also when near the sun they vent a lot off gasses and material so any chapter would be stuck on the inside. 3 asteroids would be more logical, maybe with active vents. of some sort
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline Ensis Ferrae

« Reply #196 on: February 26, 2008, 05:50:55 PM »
havent given overly too much thought to it (i also couldnt read through every post, internet here is to slow). but what about the Emperors Praetorians (i have read about them in the Horus Heresy books)
dunno about symbols, but obviously something to do with the Emperor himself and unique to only them, maybe an exaggerated aquila or some such thing.
of course, their armor should be similar to his holiness, and be completely gold. course, in my personal opinion, that would (or at least, SHOULD) give them their own unique codex.

sound viable to anyone??

Offline skalnok

• i like harlequins they make me laugh
« Reply #197 on: February 28, 2008, 03:21:19 PM »
the emperors praetorians are adeptus custodes.
98% of the weed smokers on this site bug the 2% non-smokers on this site about why they should.  Maybe the 98% should lighten up, go smoke one and leave us to our choices.

"OMG, did you see that, the big melty thingy melted bob, OMG it's walking this way.  OH DEAR GREATER GOOD, RUN!"

If I eat your brain, do I gain your talen

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
« Reply #198 on: March 5, 2008, 12:43:13 AM »
Here is my DIY chapter's fluff.  (They include about 8,000 points worth of models at the moment.)

Here's a link to pictures of all the currently painted models: http://s443.photobucket.com/albums/qq151/sgtwitchell/The%20Galahadain/

History of the Galahadain:

Johnathon Rizzenson, Captain of the 4th Company, White Consuls, was sent to Holy Terra as an ambassador for the Chapter; this being done in compliance with the regularly scheduled obeisance ceremony required of most Space Marine chapters. While awaiting his appointed hour, he was perusing the library archives to further his knowledge in matters of military history. He became very interested in some scraps of information that had been copied from very ancient Terran texts. They were short pieces of poetry which made reference to a warrior named Sir Galahad. He does not remember to this day how it was that he managed to access information that was protected by the highest levels of security programming, sigils of Unspeakable Power, but access such information, he did.

Through his research, he discovered only a small additional bit of information on the warrior, Sir Galahad, but more fascinating was the information he accessed about this warrior's god. It seemed that the text which this god had provided to his followers had been copied and stored eons ago en toto. Captain Rizzenson was unaware of how long he had been absorbed in drinking in the words of the text, but suddenly, he was again fully aware of his surroundings. An almost unbearable fear crashed in upon him as he realized the fate that awaited him at the hands of the Inquisition once his indiscretion was uncovered. It was at that time that he made his fateful decision: to forsake the worship and service of the Emperor of all Mankind and to serve the God of Sir Galahad. Rizzenson downloaded a copy of the holy text and, feigning a short return, made his excuses and left the planet. By the time it became apparent that he had failed to keep his appointment, the intervening 33 days had left a cold trail for the Inquisitorial forces to follow.

Rizzenson was uncertain of the path he should take after leaving Holy Terra, but one thing he knew: he would be hunted. Therefore, it was completely confusing to him to find that he could not decide on any path other than a direct return to his Company's forward base. The Fourth Company of the White Consuls had been sent on a search and destroy mission against any splinter groups of Leviathan, the most recent Hive Fleet, and so happened to be the nearest of the White Consul companies to Holy Terra at the time. Coincidentally, this was the reason why Captain Rizzenson had been instructed by his superiors in the Chapter to represent them on this occasion. Upon reuniting with his Company, Rizzenson discovered that they were all present and assembled in anticipation of his return. Expectantly, they awaited his announcement. Though his plan had been to secretly leave the chapter and live out his life in solitude, he found himself declaring his recent conversion in front of the congregated Space Marines and support staff. When the expected assault and quartering of his body did not immediately transpire, he used his Auspex to remotely download the newly discovered Holy Text into the Company's local computer network. He then declared that it was available to all who were interested in reading it and that he would assemble the Company together again in three days' time.

As the days passed, not a soul dared mention the contents of the Text, nor even admit to having read any of it. None-the-less, it was a rare individual who was able to resist the lure of curiosity. At the appointed hour, Rizzenson addressed the assembled Company of Space Marines and their support personnel. He explained in detail the manner in which this information had become available to him. He described the character of the warrior, Sir Galahad, the one described as the holiest of all knights. He declared, again, his rejection of the Emperor as a god, his refusal to further the Emperor's goals, and his conversion of faith to that of the God of Sir Galahad. He explained his determination to leave the Chapter and use his abilities in whatever way he was able to spread the hope that he had received in the knowledge he had gained. He declared his intention to do so throughout the Imperium of Man. Rizzenson then invited any and all who would join him to do so.

As he turned and left the speaking platform, he found that he was followed by nearly three quarters of the Company. It became immediately obvious that transportation in the manner of major vehicles would be required for such a group. It was also apparent that some of those remaining behind did so out of fear, but a small minority were filled with unholy fury at what they had just heard and witnessed. Rizzenson knew then that all had not kept their thoughts to themselves during the past three days - some, like Chaplain Laban, had maintained covert contact with the White Consul leadership and even with the Inquisition. Outnumbered as they were, some two dozen various leaders and Space Marines followed on Laban's heels as he spewed Hateful Litanies while assaulting Rizzenson and those who had joined him.

As battle was joined, Rizzenson found himself at a severe disadvantage trying to fend off attacks from Laban's Crosius Arcanum and Power Sword with his own Thunder Hammer and Plasma Pistol (once he had the opportunity to draw it). Laban's Rosarius offered him incredible protection, but Rizzenson had worn his Iron Halo to the assembly on a vague hunch that doing so would be symbolically appropriate. As the majority of those who followed Chaplain Laban were the Company's Assault Terminators, Codicier's, and Chaplains, the battle was extremely bloody. But, as the weight of numbers whittled down Laban's cohorts, those surviving Space Marines who had chosen to follow Rizzenson stood back to witness the two champions represent their respective deities in the flesh.

Having ducked a slow, powerful back-handed swing of Rizzenson's Thunder Hammer, Laban shot forward in a single step with his Power Sword arrowing straight for Rizzenson's throat. In that instant, he slipped in pooled blood and overshot his target, slicing deeply into his opponent's left shoulder instead. Spinning to his left to lessen the impact of the razor-sharp blade, Rizzenson brought the Thunder Hammer in his right hand down upon the head of his adversary.

Stunned silence and the labored breath of their leader was all that echoed in the Hall of Assemblage for what seemed a short eternity. Dropping the now-ruined Plasma Pistol, Rizzenson claimed the Sword of Laban as his own. He then commanded the survivors to care for the wounded and prepare to disembark the forward base with any equipment those leaving normally were responsible for using in battle. Immediately, the surviving Space Marines and those support personnel who had chosen to trust in Rizzenson and his new/ancient God set about following his orders. Those who had chosen not to follow Rizzenson, but had not participated in the assault led by Laban, had no choice but to simply stand aside and watch them go.

Rizzenson and his remnant Company embarked on an Odessy which eventually led them to a remote star system on the far side of the galaxy with a pair of habitable worlds which they claimed for their own. It was far from Imperial space so they felt safe enough to end their flight. Over the course of the next century, they established themselves securely and began to actively pursue their new mission: to protect mankind from destruction, both physical and spiritual. To that end, they covertly recruit new members from other Space Marine chapters and preach to willing ears the words written in their Holy Text. Calling themselves the Galahadain, in honor of the ancient warrior/knight to whom they are thankful for the knowledge of this God and whom they wish to emulate in word and deed, they spread out across the galaxy in search of people in need of protection and hope.

Led by Chapter Master Rizzenson, Master of Sanctity Moroni the Ambassador, and Epistolary Lehi the Prophet, the 200 or so Space Marines and their four Dreadnaught brothers (Sosthenus, Alma, Gideon, and Orihah) do their best to protect their homeworld from discovery while remaining available to assist mankind in any battle in which their help is needed. Techmarine Coriantumr has been working closely with recently promoted Captain Ulfilas to train the chapter's Veteran Sergeants in the skills of the Apothecary. This is seen as a necessary requirement due to the high rate of attrition their members suffer. Small numbers, combined with command of only a dozen vehicles, including Land Raider Crusader Adama and Vindicator G'Zeus (plus their Thunderhawk Gunship with Drop Pods), prevents them from engaging in massive confrontations with the enemy. Their tendency to fight on against obviously overwhelming odds in defense of a worthy goal is due to a lack of fear of death. While it has inspired many who have witnessed their sacrifice to join their crusade, it has resulted in the death of many old and new members of the chapter. This has prevented the chapter from increasing in size very rapidly. Add to that the fact that there are very few forces in the galaxy that do not call them enemy (or actively seek their extinction, as is the case for all loyal Imperial forces) and practically none that call them ally, their persistence can only be explained by fanatical devotion.

The Inquisition considers this heresy more dangerous even than the taint of Chaos because it is the epitome of a wolf in sheep's clothing in their eyes. That makes its lure the more insidious as entire planetary systems can be lulled into abandoning their devotion to the Emperor for the promises of bliss and happiness the Galahadain's 'delusional' faith offers. Though most Eldar consider the Galahadain to be no threat and so generally ignore them, the Tau have only gone so far as to recently consider an offer of Détente between their forces and those of this Space Marine chapter considered heretical by the Impirium, yet, confusingly to the Tau, acting in a seemingly loyal fashion. The forces of Chaos, Orks, Tyranids, Dark Eldar, and Necrons are attacked on sight by the Galahadain, while those of the Imperium are only fought when necessary for self-defense.

The Galahadain operate using the Trait Advantages 'Cleanse and Purify' and 'Purity Above All' and the Disadvantages 'Death Before Dishonor' and 'Flesh Over Steel'. They present themselves in the colors of their patron, Sir Galahad: Argent, a cross gules. That is, their armor is pristine white with a red cross painted onto the left shoulder pad. All equipment is kept in pristine condition when possible. The trim of both shoulder pads is silver for Space Marines, while Sergeants and higher-ranking officers trim their right shoulder pads in gold. The highest-ranking officers (Rizzenson, Moroni, and Lehi) trim both shoulderpads in gold. The double-headed eagle of the Imperium has been modified into a golden-winged red cross on the chestplate while all skull iconography has been removed from their equipment.

NewHeretic

Edit:  Changed a name and corrected grammar.  NH
« Last Edit: December 3, 2009, 01:37:52 AM by NewHeretic »
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.

Offline Bournstar69

• 'Twisted Souls, you belong to us'
    • Abyss Comics
« Reply #199 on: March 9, 2008, 09:34:29 AM »
WOW! Awesome stuff.

I love reading and writing fluff, even more than painting and gaming I think.

I've written A LOT of fluff for my custom chapter, the Soul Reavers, like thirty or so pages. FAR too much to post on here. But if you are interested, I could post a few sections about the Primarch (Ezekiel) and Brother Sergeant Vas, or the history of the chapter.

Essentially the fluff is that they are one of the two chapters expunged from imperial records. I'm sure that's been done before but whatever, I think it's a good base for a custom chapter, because it gives a lot of scope for creativity in designing the traits, fluff, etc. for them.
"You're telling me that's a Tyranid Hierophant?"
"Yep."
"But ... But it's a cereal box."
"It's called *Proxy*. Work it out."
"Awwww"