News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Explain to me how Reinforcement Points work again?  (Read 813 times)

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Explain to me how Reinforcement Points work again?
« on: August 3, 2022, 09:13:05 AM »
So, say you've got about 100 points leftover in a Chaos Knights list. What can you do with that?

Back in the day, I recall being able to summon daemons, but those rules seem to have vanished from the new codex. So, what can you do without screwing up your detachment abilities? Anything? Just buy useless marks and see what happens?

Are there rules for bringing on a pack or two of useless cultists? As I say, I remember this being a thing, but now I can't find any rules for it.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Explain to me how Reinforcement Points work again?
« Reply #1 on: August 3, 2022, 12:53:56 PM »
The rules for Demonic Ritual is in the demons codex, and I assume it will change when that codex gets updated. That's the only use for Reinforcement Points which you can use at the moment.

I'd copy/paste the rule from the 40k app  but a mod will probably remove it, so take a look there, or in the Chaos Deamons codex.

Honestly  it's a completely useless ability, and very restrictive. Unless you really want to summon some demons, and your probably always better off getting blessing of the god upgrades.

« Last Edit: August 3, 2022, 12:55:47 PM by Lord of Winter and War »
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #2 on: August 3, 2022, 09:34:02 PM »
The blessings are fine, I guess, but significantly less useful than just one unit of random dudes would be.

Sort of annoying that I'm stuck with taking things that won't actually make the army substantively better just for the hell of it. Ah well.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: August 4, 2022, 06:10:02 AM »
You can save points for Demonic Ritual, just know that rule probably won't exist once the demons codex comes out.

I just don't like using it, as you need a chaos character to not move the turn you summon, and I want my knights moving every turn.

The units you summon won't have objective secured, as they won't get demon army benefits, so won't help holding objectives (which wardogs are very good at). I just don't see a use, where having a knight on the table t1 won't be better at helping with.

In the old knights book,  I didn't have ways of spending extra points,  so brought in a change caster, so I could take abhor the witch, and still have a psyker, but I'm not doing that anymore.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria