News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Warhammer Total War  (Read 25457 times)

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
Re: Warhammer Total War
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2021, 06:00:41 PM »
Just started playing warhammer total war 1, due to the free steam code in my last issue of White Dwarf (one of the best things which came out of having a subscription!).

Pretty fun, but very very hard. The game punishes you for any mistake. Playing ATM as the Crooked Moon, as I am a Gloomspite Gitz player, and love my grots. Skarsnik is a total beast, and has single handedly won me battles. Played a few battles where I am heavily outnumbered and he just chews through everything. Each game he gets like 60+ kills.

Playing wayyy too much.

Crooked Moon is one of, if not THE hardest faction in that game, because it's deliberately gimped until you recapture Karak Eight Peaks.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, and I heartily recommend you check out Warhammer 2 if you find your enjoyment lasting for more than a few weeks. It adds SO much, even just free stuff.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2021, 11:03:03 PM »
Just started playing warhammer total war 1, due to the free steam code in my last issue of White Dwarf (one of the best things which came out of having a subscription!).

Pretty fun, but very very hard. The game punishes you for any mistake. Playing ATM as the Crooked Moon, as I am a Gloomspite Gitz player, and love my grots. Skarsnik is a total beast, and has single handedly won me battles. Played a few battles where I am heavily outnumbered and he just chews through everything. Each game he gets like 60+ kills.

Playing wayyy too much.
I bought #1 a while back but couldn't hack it because I've never been great at RTS games; and total war is such a steep learning curve that I couldn't appreciate the intricacies.  I recently picked up #2 not too long ago and did some research to find out what I was doing wrong.  I've been having fun playing as Bretonnia.  Uniting the country was a goal, and now I'm expanding into the Tomb Kings area.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2021, 09:53:20 PM »
Today was a reveal of Kislev versus Khorne in-game, with a new type of battle map where you can construct fortifications and stuff.

Also some interviews on art direction, which is doubly interesting, because according to the GW community blog, these Kislev units will also be coming to The Old World tabletop game!

Total War: WARHAMMER III Global Gameplay Reveal | Full Showcase - YouTube

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2021, 12:59:50 PM »
I have to say, when they revealed the new mode at the beginning of the trailer, I felt a lot of disappointment. The whole detailing of teh reinforcement system, tower system, and replinish buttons were a bit away from what I wanted the preview to focus on.

However!

By the end of the video, I was completely sold on the survival mode and Warhammer 3.

Both factions shown look sooo impressive! I love how much they've brougth Kislev to life! They have a lot of versatile units, but with a lot of added flair! The lore of ice is actually really powerful, and the Heart of Winter almost feels like really broken lol.

Khorne models look great  upon their first reveal! Love the blood thirster, and that all the units have a related khorne makeover in their aesthetic.

Cannot wait for this game to release lol.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2021, 08:50:24 PM »
I'm cautiously optimistic. I mean, based on everything before, it's bound to be pretty good. But there is some aesthetics I'm a little bit wary of (the Kislevite models look quite "chunky" for normal humans, and there bear theme is possibly even a bit TOO much? lol).

It's going to be interesting to see the rest of the races, eventually.

EDIT:

Grand Cathay (Warhammer Fantasy China) has been revealed for WH Total War 3. It's different from what we're used to, but I like the look!

The Dawn of Grand Cathay | Total War: WARHAMMER III - YouTube
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 10:18:49 AM by Sir_Godspeed »

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2022, 05:56:17 PM »
It's been a year since I thought there was anything worthwhile to report on, but here goes, one hell of an epic intro of the game 1-3 combined map, IMMORTAL EMPIRES.

Total War: WARHAMMER III - Immortal Empires Map First Look - YouTube

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2022, 07:20:09 PM »
Been following this since the announcement back in June. SUPER excited!!

I think more than a few campaigns from the last game are going to meet their true intended challenge when Immortal Empires releases.  ;D
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2022, 09:43:25 AM »
I've been playing warhammer total war 2 a lot. Really enjoy it.

I really doubt my laptop can run 3, as it can barely run 2. So, I think I'll wait on 3 until I upgrade my computer (which I have no plans to do).

Really excited for immortal empire, whenever I am able to play it!
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2022, 11:35:36 AM »
I have all of the WHTW games, having bought 3 when shortly after it came out.  I tried playing the campaign but just couldn't get in to it.  I've been eagerly waiting for Immortal Empires, though, and can't wait to dominate the Old World.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2022, 12:30:52 AM »
The Immortal Empires map looks very cool! Can't wait for it to release.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.